This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Lives of Stars

should it be off-limits? or does it relate to their performances as well? i was reading some stuff on this forum which got me thinking...i remember reading somewhere on the net lately about the 'scandals' of the 80' and 90's in the showbiz world and how these indiscretions happened even then but since the media wasn't that 'free' back then things got hushed up quickly, there were big names mentioned...

Those artists are much repected and rightly so, to this day, their work and image was unaffected by the turmoils in their personal lives, so the audience was not biased, they just appreciated them as talented actors and did not judge them by their 'at home' personality. food for thought...

do we get prejudiced against actors and their performances when we hear about their personal lives?

^ We hear so much against Meera, yet I still think she's photogenic! You'll hear endless scandals about Atiqah Odho and she's still a fine actress and very pretty. So no scandals don't affect a persons judgement.
    ..all you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!

Comment

sometimes the personal scandals actually help to increase the fan following and increase interest in the star. making them more popular.

Comment

Re: Personal Lives of Stars

^ ya a scandal definitely generates more interest resulting in fame but I don't think it necessarily increases fan following. In the west Paris Hilton is very well known for her bimbo image and antics, ppl read about her to be amused (like our Meera) but she doesn't really have a huge fan base and is not taken very seriously.

Comment

I don't think scandals effect anyone opinion, i won't talk about Pakistani actors since their scandals aren't as big as the other celebrities from other countries but you hear and see so much about these celebrities that you just come to an agreement that probably all the rumors are either fake publicity stunts or these peoples lives have just become that way..which has nothing to do with how they act on screen and the work they do...people like Shahrukh Khan for the kind of films he does and his acting and style on screen while others dis like him because of the same reasons. There might be some people immature enough to probably like or dislike these people because of what their image is off screen.
          !

Comment

Always remember that a scandal is based-off a reality...people just wont sit at home and draw them up themselves. So there's always truth in a scandal

Comment

But these days a lot of scandals are also made up yaar...
              !

Comment

They stem-our from the truth..what percentage is truth I can't tell. I can tell u is that there's always some reality or all reality to a scandal.

Comment

Originally posted by teelobhain View Post
                  But these days a lot of scandals are also made up yaar...
                  ya its impossible to distinguish between malicious gossip and factual accounts because after all, rumors and scandals are all hearsay. but if any of it doesn't really effect their careers or their personal lives then i guess its harmless...?

and from the fans point of view, if they are uneffected or indifferent to the scandals, why do some appear to be so shocked and dissapointed with them and are very quick to condemn and malign them....after all it is their personal lives which bear the brunt of scrutiny and censure.
                  Last edited by wondergurl; Nov 23, 2008, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wondergurl View Post
                    ya its impossible to distinguish between malicious gossip and factual accounts because after all, rumors and scandals are all hearsay. but if any of it doesn't really effect their careers or their personal lives then i guess its harmless...?

and from the fans point of view, if they are uneffected or indifferent to the scandals, why do some appear to be so shocked and dissapointed with them and are very quick to condemn and malign them....after all it is their personal lives which bear the brunt of scrutiny and censure.
                    100 out of 100 !
                    Jeevay Jeevay PAKISTAN

Comment

Artists are usually looked upon and idealized...when u're a fan and u hear u're "hero/heroine" make a fool out of themselves u're let down. Scandals are eye-openers into their personalities...no affect on their fan-following.

Artists are usually role-models..and when u're role model drops and stoops to a different level, u wud suffer from shock!

Many of Abid Ali's fan's no longer respect him for him marrying Rabia.. and when he openly said on tv that "I was never a good father or husband" he lost more... they don't doubt his acting skills still.

Comment

Brando said 'acting is third class job' so ppl plz don't idolize third class people. I'm not demenaing their stature. in any drama/film production the writer does the first class job of creating a story , then comes the director who translates it on screen and then come the actors who perform it. They're like puppets who do whatever they are asked to do.
                        Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf forever!

Comment

Originally posted by lillyy2k2 View Post
                          Brando said 'acting is third class job' so ppl plz don't idolize third class people. I'm not demenaing their stature. in any drama/film production the writer does the first class job of creating a story , then comes the director who translates it on screen and then come the actors who perform it. They're like puppets who do whatever they are asked to do.
                          becharay actors ab itnay bhi inconsequential or trivial nahi hain...if they are that interchangeable, imagine faisal qureishi doing rahat kazmi's role in 'dhoop kinaray' with the same writer/director team, acting mein bhi talent is a requisite.

but yes i do agree with you, actors should not be idolized on a personal level because that encourages people to pry into their personal lives.

Comment

becharay actors ab itnay bhi inconsequential or trivial nahi hain...if they are that interchangeable, imagine faisal qureishi doing rahat kazmi's role in 'dhoop kinaray' with the same writer/director team, acting mein bhi talent is a requisite.

but yes i do agree with you, actors should not be idolized on a personal level because that encourages people to pry into their personal lives.
                            1. WELL SAID....
                            2. DRUM ROLL.....!!
                            Jeevay Jeevay PAKISTAN

Comment

I didn't mean to trash them yaar. Of course, it requires tremendous talent to become a good actor.But compared to other departments, it is a much easier job. Thats why you have a plenty of actors today but only a few capable directors and writers.
                              Last edited by lillyy2k2; Nov 24, 2008, 03:28 AM.
                              Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf forever!

Comment

Working...
                              X