Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Pakistani movie based on Partition ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arjay
    replied
    Originally posted by Ali Usman View Post
    i watch Garam Hawa, starring farooq shaikh and balraj Sahni. good movie but not in favor of Pakistan.
    PTV make many good dramas. Nisf Sadi ka Qisha was best series.
    Always...in fact thoroughly researched !

Goes without saying...friend! and not only GARAM HAWA but a lots more coming in these days and thronged with viewers at our country's cinema halls!!

Leave a comment:

• lillyy2k2
    replied
    chalo ji, parcel ka route change ho gaya .first it was going to toronto. now it has been redirected to michigan. I'm telling ya agar yeh parcel post ho gaya to miracle hoga.it should be kept in a museum if it gets past pakistani borders.

Leave a comment:

• Gina~
    replied
    Professions as well..

Leave a comment:

• lillyy2k2
    replied
    Re: Any Pakistani movie based on Partition ?

hmm... we might need a separate thread for discussing our cousins , second cousins, grannies, nannies etc.my cousin's second cousin's brother's aunt's son was the maharaja of hartaalpur.LOL

Leave a comment:

• lillyy2k2
    replied

Indian movies on partition propagate false notions and malign our great leaders specially Quaid-e-Azam. how can any pakistani watch them ????

Leave a comment:

• Gina~
    replied
    Pakistani movies based on partition were all fantastic and non-biased. I loved each and every one of the movies I posted earlier.

Leave a comment:

• sTaLkEr
    replied

There are two films that come to my mind:

Hassan Askari's Jannat Ki Talaash (2000 or 2001 I think)
    Rauf Khaled's Laaj (2003)

Leave a comment:

• Ali Usman
    replied

i watch Garam Hawa, starring farooq shaikh and balraj Sahni. good movie but not in favor of Pakistan.
    PTV make many good dramas. Nisf Sadi ka Qisha was best series.

Leave a comment:

• arjay
    replied
    Originally posted by hammad78 View Post
    Thnaks for everyone who posted their comments. I would appreciate If Arjay uncle fulfill his promise. the movie you mentioned "Garam Hawa" I tried to find this everywhere but all in vein.

As far as Pakistani movies are concerend, It is true that No paki movie is based on real Partition subject. I remember one of the Pakistani movies name "Khak or Khoon" written by Nasim Hijazi was very well picturised.

May be most of you have seen this movie.
    1. Thank you---for a gentlemenly mail. I am honored.
    2. Coming Tuesday--my 1st cousin leaves back for States (Houston).
      I'll PM you his Houston Number and name. He has been there past 36 years now and he is a Peoples Lawyer for Visa/Immigiration matters and also a Justice of the Court. Once you contact him by Friday..you can give your address etc...that he mails it to you at Michigin.
    3. I am expecting my US visa printed by 10 Dec...and if it does..then I'll be visiting my other cousin a Doctor at Flint-Michigin and it will be a pleasure to meet you or talk to you phone...if you are nearby Flint. Otherwise I'll be in Toronto and Vancouver with my other cousins..but that'll be around New Year dates.
    4. I have seen KHAK AUR KHOON which also--per memory--bagged some awards--probably GRADUATE award! Good movie..and good plot.
    Khush Rahein..and always a pleasure to be in conversation with people like you...

-Raju Uncle (Karachi)

Check this out;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ilOntNHFhY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ilOntNHFhY

Leave a comment:

• hammad78
    replied
    Thnaks for everyone who posted their comments. I would appreciate If Arjay uncle fulfill his promise. the movie you mentioned "Garam Hawa" I tried to find this everywhere but all in vein.

As far as Pakistani movies are concerend, It is true that No paki movie is based on real Partition subject. I remember one of the Pakistani movies name "Khak or Khoon" written by Nasim Hijazi was very well picturised.

May be most of you have seen this movie.

Leave a comment:

• lillyy2k2
    replied

yeah he has specifically mentioned 'Pakistani movie based on 1947 Partition'.ndian movies on partition are so biased! I would never recommend them to anybody.

Leave a comment:

• Gina~
    replied
    I blv Hammad want's a film BASED on the Partition and Pakistani... khair good luck Hammad!

Leave a comment:

• lillyy2k2
    replied

hammad 78! aik kaam ki baat . ye jo yahan aik phanne khan hain jo barre barre waade kar rahe hain falani film mail karoonga falani toup parcel karoonga waghaira waghaira ye sab hawai baatein hain. I'm not being rude. Don't rely on his promises. I can bet he'll never send any film and you'll end up wasting your time waiting for him.
    Last edited by lillyy2k2; Nov 20, 2008, 03:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• arjay
    replied
    Originally posted by hammad78 View Post
    Could anyone please tell me about any Pakistani movie based on 1947 Partition ?

Thanks

Hammad Mian
    Michigan. USA
    IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ENJOYING A CLOSE-TO-REALITY MOVIE ON INDO-PAK PARTITION OF AUGUST 1947 THEN THERE CAN BE NOTHING WORTH THEN AN INDIAN CLASSIC "GARAM HAWA" (of 60's).................!

A good question can be how to get it?

First try it at your end...if unsuccessful....I'll get one till Toronto and can mail it to my cousin in Flint..(nearby you) and you can collect it from there.....

GARAM HAWA bagged several awards. It has Balraj Sahni.

Khush Rahein...

Leave a comment:

• Gina~
    replied
    Hammad, the movies I have mentioned are "based" on the partition. Don't know what actually u need them for but they're great eye-openers and carry enuff insight into the partition. Hope that helps!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X