Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sikhs have more respect and reverence for Sikhi than we Muslims do for Islam.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sikhs have more respect and reverence for Sikhi than we Muslims do for Islam.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4573619.stm

Look at how they're standing up for their faith and we just idoly sit back and watch every insult thrown at our religion by bollywood.

Naked women doing erotic dances and taking the name of Allah, Rabb, Maula whilst they're at it, Azaan going off in the background whilst a 'devout' Muslim is slaughtering somebody.

We needs to boycott bollywood till it mends it's ways, most of it's market are Pakis and other muslims, Indians themselves are usally too white washed to be into that kind of stuff.

Re: Sikhs have more respect and reverence for Sikhi than we Muslims do for Islam.

...For me, it's been two years since I willingly saw a Hindi movie...

Very predictable...
    Focus not on who you are but what you do...
    ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Re: Sikhs have more respect and reverence for Sikhi than we Muslims do for Islam.

Originally posted by Lajawab
      I willingly saw a Hindi movie...
      So unwillingly you did? Thats interesting. I never knew Hindi movies are used as a torture prop formally.
      "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranjhan
        Indians themselves are usally too white washed to be into that kind of stuff.
        I'm almost scared to ask...but...what does it mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal
          So unwillingly you did? Thats interesting. I never knew Hindi movies are used as a torture prop formally.
          Unwillingly is when you could be at a gathering of friends or family and they insist that you watch the movie or listen to the songs and there isn't always much that you can do to retaliate.

Ranjhan, we don't have the dignity to protest when anti-Islamic material is shown in the movies. We think it's alright and it's all about being open-minded and accepting that it's okay for others to disrespect our religion. Kher...

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiyah
            Unwillingly is when you could be at a gathering of friends or family and they insist that you watch the movie or listen to the songs and there isn't always much that you can do to retaliate.
            There seem to be several things wrong with the scenario, but I think we should let it go, as the thread is apparently to praise sikhs for their diligence and smack muslims for the apathy, rather than discussing the haraam and halaal of Indian movies.
            "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Not reading between the lines here Fais' but, as u diverted from the topic, by asking laj' bhai that ?, why not now finish it? Instead of saying let's 'get back to the topic at hand', when you could've just done that, stuck to the topic at hand.

Comment

You want me to explain why there are many things wrong with the scenario of a muslim "unwillingly" watching Indian movies in the company of friends?

Comment

"unwillingly"... did they tie u up n torture u wit em or somethin? did they tel u "we wont be ur freinds" if u dint watch the movie? Khair, i've had htat exucse used on me "i wont' be ur friend!" but I was a lonely 8 year old. What's ur excuse?
                  The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

I like to keep my beliefs to myself and not enforce them upon others.

1. Was at friends, room full of larkian wanted to watch the movie. Few of us didn't. We still sat around or just walked around. Didn't start delivering fatway over how haram or halaal a movie is or how we don't want to watch it. Alhamdulillah, I don't have the type of friends who would leave me for me being different in terms of not enjoying Bollywood movies.

2. Was at a relatives house, everyone was watching/listening to the songs on tv. I obviously just sat there. I wasn't going to get into an argument with adults over what's right and what's wrong.

There are certain situations at times where it's best to keep one's mouth shut, rather than getting into endless arguments.

Comment

Working...
                    X