Drama Overkill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drama Overkill

I have been sitting at home (well kinda sorta) for the past week or two weeks, and every time I turn on the channel there are loads and loads of dramas going on.

First of all, its annoying that the same faces reappear in every other drama. As if they dont have any other actos or actresses!

Second of all, many of these dramas are soaps. I hate soaps. They go on for bloody forever. The good thing about Pakistani dramas was always the anticipation of when new dramas would start. And that damn Safaid Posh song is sooooo annoying!

I really enjoyed those telefilms on GEO. Why did they get rid of those? It was nice to see new faces, and the best thing was you could see the whole thing in one sitting.
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Re: Drama Overkill

Welcome to the world of ARY and to an extent Geo.

Do check out Sunday nights on Geo - Bano ko Phechano. At first I was reluctant to watch thinking it was another boring soap opera about some woman being beaten and degraded by her husband and in-laws but thankfully like a breath of fresh air it is a funny take on the 30 somethings social life in Pakistan

Comment

Yeah I saw that show - it is funny, and a bit different.

Geo is supposed to be starting a new set of Such Much episodes - called Kuch Kuch Such Much. I guess ARY lost the show?

I wish they had more music shows

Comment

^ Have you been able to catch Mustt Wanted on ARY? Comes on Sundays with a semi-annoying host (less annoying than kuki monster of geo) but atleast they play more recent songs than Kuki's show where they keep on repeating the same JJ, Junoon, and Ali Zafar songs. It is actually a show off of their the Musik channel.

Comment

oh she's a cute host - not that bad. As long as they are not talking about stuff that is unrelated to music all the time, its cool. Kuki is acting as if he's the teacher and the viewers are his students - his talking often goes off topic and he rambles a lot - he might as well shut his trap and show more videos.

I like Musst Wanted. You're right - they show newer videos.

Comment

that bano show was surprisingly good. Seriously, does anyone know when the greatest drama of all time safaid posh will end.

Comment

But what is this crap - Safaid Posh, and such dramas?

Gah.

By the way - what are these following shows?

Aap ke Khadim
              ARY Ghar Apna Live Show
              Doori Kesi Majboori
              Loot Maar
              What's Hot What's Not

?

Apnay Pal - are they showing this on ARY in the US?

Comment

Yeah they recently started the Mustt Wanted show. It is pretty good! They had Jal on last week I think. I just don't really care for her Nemo beach ball which she uses as a basketball and then I have a problem with how she pronounces 'basket' I am so dang picky!

Hey ATL - Safaid posh is never going to end. The dude that died a month ago will probably come back to life in about another month or so is my guess
                Hey do you know who is coming to Atlanta on june 25th?? ARY was advertising it and I only caught the date. Is it the Jal/Haroon show?

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia
                  Aap ke Khadim
                  ARY Ghar Apna Live Show
                  Doori Kesi Majboori
                  Loot Maar
                  What's Hot What's Not
                  Aap ke Khadim - about a bunch of rishwat-khor good for nothing police officers. Supposed to be a comedy but I have yet to laugh. The guy who produced Family Front is the producer here as well...what's his name? Waseem Abbas??

Loot Maar - my mom loves this show haha! they go out to some park or street and have people sing songs and do silly stuff and give away dvd players/cd players etc. to the winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Rukhsarbibi

Hey ATL - Safaid posh is never going to end. The dude that died a month ago will probably come back to life in about another month or so is my guess
                    Hey do you know who is coming to Atlanta on june 25th?? ARY was advertising it and I only caught the date. Is it the Jal/Haroon show?

oh my god, are you serious. JAL is coming to ATLANTA. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE TO GO. I JUST HAVE TO GO. OH GOD!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I doubt in Pakistan they even need soaps! The 13 episode format was so good :sulk:
                      the resident cinema geek

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta

oh my god, are you serious. JAL is coming to ATLANTA. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE TO GO. I JUST HAVE TO GO. OH GOD!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        I know someone is coming on June 25th but I don't know who. I am guessing it is the Jal/Haroon tour since ARY was advertising it and I caught the tail end when they show all the venues+dates. Now I am trying to look for that stupid website which is advertising the show to find out who is coming cuz I might buy tickets even though I cannot stand Farhan's voice

Comment

ATL - ok just checked the Jal website and they don't have Atlanta listed as a venue. I wonder which other tour ARY is promoting. I don't have the patience to sit thru ARY at the moment but if you happen to catch it by any chance let me know. I want to know who the heck is coming to Atlanta!! I hope it is not mehndi hassan or abida perveen

Comment

Originally posted by Rukhsarbibi
                            ATL - ok just checked the Jal website and they don't have Atlanta listed as a venue. I wonder which other tour ARY is promoting. I don't have the patience to sit thru ARY at the moment but if you happen to catch it by any chance let me know. I want to know who the heck is coming to Atlanta!! I hope it is not mehndi hassan or abida perveen
                            I don't have ARY.

maybe they just haven't updated the site.

*atlanta holding on to the last string of hope.*

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanta
                              I don't have ARY.

maybe they just haven't updated the site.

*atlanta holding on to the last string of hope.*
                              ok dude I'll try and watch ARY tomorrow and fill you in on what's going on

Comment

Working...
                              X