Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good paki movies.. is there such a thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During my upcoming trip to Pakistan, I want to buy some good DVDs of recent Paki movies that are actually good and worth watching. Any recommendations? By recent, I only mean the ones released in last 2 to 3 years.
    You have the right to remain silent, anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Re: Good paki movies.. is there such a thing?

not one.
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia
      not one.
      Are you serious? I have heard about a few here and there with good ratings.
      You have the right to remain silent, anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

I don't watch them, can't really recommend.. But how about Larki Punjaban with Shamyl Khan and Saima.. Heard a lot about that and I think it's about 2-3 years old.. Is it any good? Those of you who have seen it.?

There's definitely one good song from it I really like, I know thatThe one that goes "Agar teri aankhon mein kajal naa hota"

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia
          not one.

Thats all BS!

Go watch:

-Inteha (1999, Meera/Humayun Saeed, Dir: Samina Peerzada) -- this one is hard to find, but possibly the most slick Pak film yet.

-Deewaney Tere Pyar Key (1998, Gia Ali/Moamar Rana, Dir: Syed Noor) -- Above average storyline and some awesome music. Nice debut by the lead pair!

-Laaj (2003, Talat Hussein/Zara Sheikh, Dir: Rauf Khaled) -- A period piece which is realistically done. Has an awesome climax!

And there are more and I guess I'd add 'em to the list sometimes later. But try getting these ones -- though I doubt you'll find the DVD print; they mostly sell on VCDs.
          the resident cinema geek

Comment

I have lost faith in the "hyped-up" movies that are supposed to break the barrier. They're better than the usual Sultan Rahi-Anjuman ones. But still not that good.

I went to see that movie - Yeh Dil Aap Ka Hua. I saw a few others also - like Chief Saab, and Gunghat. I wonder who in Pakistan knows how to write a movie script, and I wonder what rock they're hiding under.
            I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

asif, i will tell you some if you promise to make torrents out of it

inteha (as mentioned by bb) zaroor lana
              Life is not a joke, but a life without jokes is a cruel joke of life

Comment

yes, there was such a thing - notice the past tense, but not now.
                Most of the latest pakistani movies i've watched have been a disappointment especially YDAKH -I can only give the movie plus points for its music.

I think 'Choorian' has been the best so far.
                Last edited by coolmunda; Jun 1, 2005, 06:26 AM.
                Geo aur Jeenay Do

Comment

ur lookin for good paki movies...?
                  ..Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.. ~IK~

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Lay-D Honey*~
                    Last edited by coolmunda; Jun 1, 2005, 09:29 AM.
                    Geo aur Jeenay Do

Comment

Originally posted by ~*Lay-D Honey*~
                      Whats wrong with that? I have DVDs of some old ones that I never get tired of watching. Aina is one.

Comment

^ u really need to get a life..!
                        ..Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.. ~IK~

Comment

Inteha is not available on vcd anywhere.
                          The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Comment

go to the cinema and watch, theres some good movies coming out.

- kyon tumse itna pyare hai (allready released and allready super hit)
                            - new film releasing this month, forgot name, but directed by imran malik,
                            - pehla pehla pyare, releasing within next 2 months
                            - Couples only, also releasing soon and looks quite promising.
                            - sohni mahiwal, also shoulf be good.

Comment

also dont miss reemas koi tujsa kahan releasing on independance day.

Comment

Working...
                              X