Abhishek and Rani turn newsreaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abhishek and Rani turn newsreaders

Abhishek Bachchan and Rani Mukherjee have turned newsreaders. Tune in to NDTV tonight at 8 pm and you can catch the duo reading out news and covering reports for the channel. And before you think the duo have taken to a new profession, let us clarify that this is a part of the promotional activity for their latest film.

It's now a common knowledge that Abhishek and Rani play two crooks in Yash Raj's latest venture Bunty and Babli. And on NDTV tonight they will be playing news reporters who talk about the lawbreakers played by themselves in the film.

Before they steal your hearts in the film, see them live as they steal the show.
    I'm sweet like honey, but sting like a bee!

It is better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not...

Re: Abhishek and Rani turn newsreaders

http://www.cybernoon.com/DisplayArti...y_standard6776

Bunty & Babli-Breaking News
    Brinda Patwa | Friday, May 27, 2005 13:0:41 IST

As a publicity gimmick for their film Bunty ur Babli, Abhishek Bachchan and Rani Mukherji read the evening news (8 p.m.) on NDTV India last night. The duo introduced themselves as Bunty and Babli for the news reading.
    :

As a publicity gimmick for their film Bunty ur Babli, Abhishek Bachchan and Rani Mukherji read the evening news (8 p.m.) on NDTV India last night. The duo introduced themselves as Bunty and Babli for the news reading. Though former newsreader Dolly Thakore wasn't able to catch the duo on the newsdesk, she said, "Today everything is done. The creative team behind this has come up with a very unique idea. I think it's refreshing. That's all it is. Of course, conservatives will not like to see Abhishek and Rani reading the news. News is supposed to be serious. I'm surprised that NDTV has to go through such desperate attempts to catch some eyeballs. I thought NDTV didn't need that." A veteran news reader in her times, Dolly isn't very impressed by any the present day newsreaders, "That standard is not there anymore. The standard of training also lacks these days. There are accents all over the place. Twenty-five years ago, we were very formal and very particular about our accent, diction and language. I don't know how Abhishek and Rani will be reading the news. But this Bunty Aur Babli thing will of course just remain a gimmick."

Former Marathi news reader, Pradeep Bhide watched the superstars reading the 8 pm news on NDTV last night, "It was a pure publicity stunt," he said, "I personally don't like such gimmicks." Known to old-timers, Pradeep Bhide has been a very good news reader on the national channel for several years before he retired from that profession. He shares his comments of the star news readers, "Of course they were not faltering at all but they didn't quite fit the role. They are two very glamorous people, it was odd to see them looking so non-glamorous on the news. I must say they were totally 'miscast'," he laughs. Pradeep felt that people who watch serious news are in a certain frame of mind and they get distracted with such gimmicks, "If Bollywood's hot property is reading the news, viewers pay attention to how they look and how they talk instead of the actual content of the bulletin." Furthermore he felt that Rani Mukherji isn't the right choice for news reading, "Her voice has always been a problem for her. Even in her career. But over the time, her acting talent and vulnerable looks make her a star. But she could never make a good newsreader. Abhishek was very convincing as a newsreader except that he should've shaved to play this part."
    Pradeep clarifies that this gimmick will not affect his decision to watch the film 'Bunty Aur Babli', "I never go to movies without reading its review. I've regretted in the past when I've gone without checking the reviews. I'm a die hard fan of good films. I'll wait for this film's reviews before deciding to see it."

Comment

Re: Abhishek and Rani turn newsreaders

rumour has it that in real life, ajj kal thori bunty aur babli chal rahee hai between the 2.

Comment

Working...
      X