Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolly awards on Geo?

Why are they being shown on Geo?
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Re: Bolly awards on Geo?

Geo wants to become popular in India.

And to attract indian viewers.

Comment

It's a pvt channel. What more could you expect? That show with Fakhar e Alam interviewing Saif Khan was shot in Mumbai...

Plus u have zee tv airing fakhir's and strings' videos atleast thrice a day.

Give n take, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia
        Why are they being shown on Geo?
        why not?
        For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

the show is not organized by GEO is it? It looks like it was organized and done in India, and that its merely being shown on GEO...

Comment

Originally posted by Umar Talib
            why not?
            yeah, why not PCG? Bolo Bolo tell tell
            Geo aur Jeenay Do

Comment

I wish they would show the Lux or IM awards if they are showing the Zee awards. And why after 3 months?? Everyone has already seen them so it is a bit boring.

They are showing it because Omar Sharif, Reema auntie, and Javed Unkil were there.

Comment

With "Desi" viewership quite limited in USA , Geo dont want to filter out whatever market it has and its a way to go.
                Goyan keshk aqbat taskeen ast...Awal shor ast aqbat namkeen ast
                Har chanz aasiyat sang zeerey...Ee surat-e-beqrar barbin ast

Comment

Good point - I wish they would show the Lux awards as well. IM I can understand, since that is a total different network channel.

Comment

^ but hon Zee is a totally difft channel too and Zee shows their own awards so why can't Geo show the IM awards.

not trying to make an argument but just pointing out their stupidity.

Comment

thori 'chaan been' karein then we'll realise geo isn't a 100% pakistani channel.

Comment

i didnt like the bollywood awards. .kinda sucky, and they tried to hard to be impressive. the hosts were annoying.

Comment

IM is competition for GEO. So no, it wont show IM music awards. Plus, Geo is going to be lauching Aag - its own music channel.

Zee is different - because I think they're trying to gain more Pakistanis abroad to subscribe - so they get both Indian and Pakistani with one channel. You know, these channels are expensive. We have Geo and ARY - no money for any Indian stuff. I'm sure there are other Pakistanis in the same boat.

I'd chose a channel that shows both Pakistani and Indian stuff over an Indian channel, if I was the kind that liked Indian entertainment.

Also, I think that GEO wants to expand into India - so this might be a strategy to get Indians watching the channel as well. Just like India's channels keep in mind the Pakistani viewership they get.

Comment

^ that's probably why they are showing some talk show with Indian actors hosted by Fakhr-e-shiny pants-alam.

Comment

Yeah probably. shiny pants

Comment

Working...
                              X