Mukesh Bhatt: 'I don't need Pakistan to give me hits'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont know how atif got the copyrights to sell to the bhatt guy but this is very interesting stuff in this article. Why did jal break up and whose song is it?? why is there so much fighting going on over the song?? i think jal should sue atif not the bhatt's because if its true that atif has to copyrights then atif should get in trouble.

http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1116922.cms

URVASHI ASHAR

INDIATIMES MOVIES

During an Indiatimes chat, the Pakistani music group ‘Jal’, responsible for the song ‘Woh Lamhe’, expressed disappointment with the Bhatt clan, saying, “It was in Pakistan that we heard our composition, “Woh Lamhe” in a Hindi film (‘Zeher’) and felt hurt that nobody took our permission before using it.”

When we got in touch with Mahesh Bhatt and asked him for his explanation, he said, “I thought the issue was already sorted out. They came to our office; we showed them the legal documents of the transactions made with their representative. They should be questioning the label they have sold their album to and not us. Mukesh (Bhatt) and I are too big to be irresponsible in such matters.”

Producer Mukesh Bhatt told us that “Najam Sharaz, a popular Pakistani singer, helped us get in touch with Aatif (who was once part of ‘Jal’). He claimed that he had sung the song and was its rightful owner. We flew Aatif to Mumbai, put him up in a hotel for a week and re-recorded the whole song. We have borrowed only the basic melody from the album song, and re-worked ‘Woh Lamhe’ to suit the current trend. I have an ear for music and made the necessary changes to make it what it is. If you hear the original version, you’re not going to be very impressed.”

Mukesh goes on, “If ‘Jal’ continues to claim that we did not seek permission, let me tell you that I had no reason to doubt it when I was told that Aatif held the copyright to the song. Najam and Aatif are big singers, and I took their word for it. I paid Aatif his fee. I want to ask the band, when the music released eight months ago, where were they? Why didn’t they claim their rights then? It’s such a big thing - why didn’t they scream from the rooftops? Now that the music has become a hit, they want to jump on to the credit bandwagon. They are misusing the opportunity.”

This seems to have become more than an issue between individuals. “People in Pakistan, I guess, are not very well versed with copyright issues,” continues Mukesh. “And Mahesh and I are giving them a pedestal to showcase their talents. Instead of appreciating the fact, they are accusing us. All I have to say is that I don’t need Pakistani singers if they are going to behave this way and show no decorum. Let them rot there. I have 20 other very talented singers here who are more than willing to work for me. I made an ‘Ashiqui’ and a ‘Ghulam’ without them. Yash Chopra’s brilliant musicals didn’t need Pakistani singers. Had you heard of ‘Woh Lamhe’ before ‘Zeher’ released? We made it popular. And why are they bringing the issue up now, when they ideally should have done so months ago? If they really believe they are right, tell them to go ahead and send us a legal notice and take us to court. I don’t believe in such foul play.”

Is this becoming a cross-border issue? Can it be sorted out amicably, and soon? We certainly hope so!
    Give Credit Where Its Due

Re: Mukesh Bhatt: 'I don't need Pakistan to give me hits'

Originally posted by GuCCi
    even india doesnt give him hits.
    Tu bhi villain ban sakta tha, "BILLA" ban sakta tha.....

Comment

Bhatt & co are all crap...their films are rip-off of hollywood movies - their Music Directors plagiarise pakistani music ( earlier Nadeem Shravan and now Anu Malik) and come to think of it they have the gumption to talk about morality and legality...

Comment

ive not even heard of the movie Zehar... what was that?
        happy happy happy... happy happy happy

Comment

Aatif is an ******..his behaviour.. makes me sick..:yukh: he thinks he's everything..:yukh:
          ..Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.. ~IK~

Comment

Self conceited bigots. India's run short of [musical] talent now - Mukesh Bhatt's neice is on record saying that. They need Pak music and Pak singers-- its another case they themselves don't realise that they're selling themselves short and have much better alternatives than singing for silly Baaleewood fillums.
            the resident cinema geek

Comment

the fight between atif and jal made them famous in pak, now its gona make them famous in india too.

Comment

what what what??? and they are using another pakistani pop piece of music in some other crap movie of theirs? oh my God...... look here, read this:

"Had you heard of ‘Woh Lamhe’ before ‘Zeher’ released?"

what's this "zeher" he is referring to??? i mean, what the hell is that?? the whole world knows that "Woh Lamhe" is Jal's song. and we know the reason he hsomehow manage to get the song for the same old indian crap is to make people watch it. ESPCIALLY TO EARN YOUNG PAKISTANI AUDIENCE for his movie cz it is a POPULAR PAKISTANI SONG with the young. and then look at the way he boasts.

PATHETIC!!!
                Wonder this time where she's gone,wonder if she's gone to stay
                Ain't no sunshine when she's gone,and this house just ain't no home
                anytime she goes away.

Comment

^ I know..
                  ..Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.. ~IK~

Comment

below are parts I read in this news story that made me go hmmmm

a) When we got in touch with Mahesh Bhatt and asked him for his explanation, he said, “I thought the issue was already sorted out. They came to our office; we showed them the legal documents of the transactions made with their representative.

b) Producer Mukesh Bhatt told us that “Najam Sharaz, a popular Pakistani singer, helped us get in touch with Aatif (who was once part of ‘Jal’). He claimed that he had sung the song and was its rightful owner

c)Mukesh goes on, “If ‘Jal’ continues to claim that we did not seek permission, let me tell you that I had no reason to doubt it when I was told that Aatif held the copyright to the song. Najam and Aatif are big singers, and I took their word for it.

first Mahesh saus that they have legal documents of transactions with their representative.

Then he says that Aatif claims he was the rightful owner

And then they say that they took his word and had no reason to doubt it.

So basically they signed an agreement with one guy based on his word and nothing more, and then they claim that the issue is sorted out.

Unless Aatif provided legal proof that he had the rights to the song, which they verified, they did not do their work.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

i dont care about the whole issue..but i heard the same song sung by jal and in my opinion atif sang it much better

Comment

its a question to who the rightful owner of the song is. and if it is disputed, any legal contract with the arguing parties is also disputed. I mean who sang it better and all is not the point, the point is, who has the legal rights to the song.
                        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuCCi
                          i dont know how atif got the copyrights to sell to the bhatt guy but this is very interesting stuff in this article. Why did jal break up and whose song is it?? why is there so much fighting going on over the song?? i think jal should sue atif not the bhatt's because if its true that atif has to copyrights then atif should get in trouble.

http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1116922.cms

URVASHI ASHAR

INDIATIMES MOVIES

During an Indiatimes chat, the Pakistani music group ‘Jal’, responsible for the song ‘Woh Lamhe’, expressed disappointment with the Bhatt clan, saying, “It was in Pakistan that we heard our composition, “Woh Lamhe” in a Hindi film (‘Zeher’) and felt hurt that nobody took our permission before using it.”

When we got in touch with Mahesh Bhatt and asked him for his explanation, he said, “I thought the issue was already sorted out. They came to our office; we showed them the legal documents of the transactions made with their representative. They should be questioning the label they have sold their album to and not us. Mukesh (Bhatt) and I are too big to be irresponsible in such matters.”

Producer Mukesh Bhatt told us that “Najam Sharaz, a popular Pakistani singer, helped us get in touch with Aatif (who was once part of ‘Jal’). He claimed that he had sung the song and was its rightful owner. We flew Aatif to Mumbai, put him up in a hotel for a week and re-recorded the whole song. We have borrowed only the basic melody from the album song, and re-worked ‘Woh Lamhe’ to suit the current trend. I have an ear for music and made the necessary changes to make it what it is. If you hear the original version, you’re not going to be very impressed.”

Mukesh goes on, “If ‘Jal’ continues to claim that we did not seek permission, let me tell you that I had no reason to doubt it when I was told that Aatif held the copyright to the song. Najam and Aatif are big singers, and I took their word for it. I paid Aatif his fee. I want to ask the band, when the music released eight months ago, where were they? Why didn’t they claim their rights then? It’s such a big thing - why didn’t they scream from the rooftops? Now that the music has become a hit, they want to jump on to the credit bandwagon. They are misusing the opportunity.”

This seems to have become more than an issue between individuals. “People in Pakistan, I guess, are not very well versed with copyright issues,” continues Mukesh. “And Mahesh and I are giving them a pedestal to showcase their talents. Instead of appreciating the fact, they are accusing us. All I have to say is that I don’t need Pakistani singers if they are going to behave this way and show no decorum. Let them rot there. I have 20 other very talented singers here who are more than willing to work for me. I made an ‘Ashiqui’ and a ‘Ghulam’ without them. Yash Chopra’s brilliant musicals didn’t need Pakistani singers. Had you heard of ‘Woh Lamhe’ before ‘Zeher’ released? We made it popular. And why are they bringing the issue up now, when they ideally should have done so months ago? If they really believe they are right, tell them to go ahead and send us a legal notice and take us to court. I don’t believe in such foul play.”

Is this becoming a cross-border issue? Can it be sorted out amicably, and soon? We certainly hope so!
                          mukesh butt seems to suffer from drinking too much cow piss. Right, he made the song popular. Before him noone in pakistan knew about the song or jal.

You can let us rot all you want butthole. YOU are the one that approached atif for his song. YOU are the one that wanted the song for the movie. YOU are the one benefitting from this song being a hit. If you don't like us than hire your 20 donkeys like you claim and churn out some more "it's the time to disco" songs.

We all heard the song before you did asshole. Pakistanis discovered this song 2 years before your hindian ass.

Comment

i did say i don't care about this issue..i just wanted to give my 2 cents on the song itself..thanks

Comment

this is all so stupid.

Both jal and atif needs to stop this cat fight. Enough is enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X