Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aisha, Aisha...

you know that song, Aisha Aisha...

I forget which rap group sings it. But I just found out that some of the members are muslim and that many of their songs are related to Islam.

Is it true? Are these African American muslims or desi? What is the group's name?
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Re: Aisha, Aisha...

r u talking about Khaled's song? then he'd be Algerian...

Aïsha, écoute-moi!
    Aïsha, non, ne t'en vas pas!
    Aïsha, regarde-moi!
    Aïsha, réponds-moi!
    For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

i think they are north african arabs probably morrocan or algerian
      Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

Comment

yah it is khalid then obviously he is from algeria
        Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

Comment

u-t

no. they sing in english. its RAP.

Comment

the groups called outlandish. Its composed of a paki, an algerian guy and a spanish guy i believe. Based in norway i think. Not sure though but i'm pretty sure that outlandish is the group that did that song.
            Wild Thing, You Make My Heart Sing

Comment

Originally posted by PyariCgudia
              u-t

no. they sing in english. its RAP.
              k then its someone else... haven't heard that song.
              For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Yes that's the one! Outlandish!

Its a paki! Amazing.

Comment

Yeah they are called Outlandish. The Pakistani named Waqas Qadri raps.. The Moracan named Isam Bachiri mostly sings and also raps I guess... and the spanish guy named Lenny Martinez does the same.

In that Aisha song it's mostly Isam... and offcoarse it's a remade version of the famous song that someone mentioned earlier.

Also they aren't from Norway but from Denmark.

Check their site @ www.outlandmoro.com

Comment

Yes they deal with different cultural mixes.

They have many songs in which reference to the Quran and Islam in general are made.

Pretty well made out group!

Aisha Aisha is a classic though.
                    "Lets not dwell into matters which have already been dealt with 1400 years ago. Go read for yourself, and understand it yourself." Sh. Hamza Yusuf

Comment

dont like "aisha aisha" much as it is not an original melody. "Walou" is the best. i think only two songs have been released yet. yeah one guy is a pakistani but i heard that they were from Netherlands
                      Wonder this time where she's gone,wonder if she's gone to stay
                      Ain't no sunshine when she's gone,and this house just ain't no home
                      anytime she goes away.

Comment

The one PCG mentioned is a remake of the one Umar Mentioned so basically its the same song we are talking about here. I have heard both and have no doubt that original in Khaled's voice just great. and its more like 'Aicha, Aicha' :-D
                        Last edited by Sohaib; May 23, 2005, 08:16 AM.
                        The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Comment

khalid's "aicha" is a mixture of algerian arabic and a bit of french and spanish (i think) or some other language. outlandish's aisha aisha has the same melody but different theme and is in english only.
                          Wonder this time where she's gone,wonder if she's gone to stay
                          Ain't no sunshine when she's gone,and this house just ain't no home
                          anytime she goes away.

Comment

^ I was talking abuot melody to and that gives both songs a general arabic sound to it. Though outlandish tried to include rap bits to make it sound different in between,.
                            The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Comment

They are Danish not Dutch TheNewWannaBe. And the songs both sound the same almost... but Outlandish's version sounds fresher.

Also they have 3 actual cd's out... and have lots of other mixes out too.

Comment

Working...
                              X