Dil Se..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dil Se..

That movie was wicked! How the hell it flopped at box office?
    If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone. Michael Corleone

Re: Dil Se..

a lil "too wicked" for the general masses in India who decide the fate of movies on the box office. Numerous examples of other movies that are truely worth watching but don't do well on the BO.
    For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Isn't Dil Se 5-6 yrs old?
      The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Same story applies here, ppl want that usual 'kahani muhabbat ki theme', if anyone tries anything different and creative, they dont like it.

Comment

was dil se the one with the girl who is a suicide bomber or something like that. wasnt one of the songs from that movie really popular?

Comment

Dil Se..

Originally posted by jackie
            was dil se the one with the girl who is a suicide bomber or something like that. wasnt one of the songs from that movie really popular?
            Yep.

Chal Chaiya Chaiya was the famous song but Satrangi Re has grown on me.

Originally posted by Sara516
            Isn't Dil Se 5-6 yrs old?
            7 years to be exact. It was released in 1998 and I watched it few days ago. Some jaw dropping and stunning outdoor cinematography it has.
            If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone. Michael Corleone

Comment

^ Yea i wnated to make sure it was the same 1 ur talkin bout.... i never saw it relaly but i liked the song "Cheyya cheyya"....ahh memories of Pakistan 1999
              The grass ain't always greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Comment

Awesome movie, awesome songs. The song Satrangi Re is one of the most creative Indian movie songs I have ever heard. The film didn't make money though. That's Indian box office for you, Talha (Although, the same happens in Hollywood where idiotic action flicks make money and good movies go unnoticed).

Comment

i watched the movie a long time ago, so i dont remember if it was good. i stopped watching bollywood movies because they got boring and repetitive. they need to stop focusing on marriage and love.

Comment

Originally posted by the game
                    Awesome movie, awesome songs. The song Satrangi Re is one of the most creative Indian movie songs I have ever heard. The film didn't make money though. That's Indian box office for you, Talha (Although, the same happens in Hollywood where idiotic action flicks make money and good movies go unnoticed).
                    Not only Satrangi Re is the creative song but cinematography was well fitted. From the Himalayan snowfields to the desert.

In the film, Shahrukh's character really takes the credit. His character is a wondering character as a reporter who finds out barbed wire, bombs, bitterness....and secessionist ethnic rebels still exists even after the 50 years of Independence. Maybe the majority of auidence didn't wanna hear/see about it.

But on the other hand, you really want character of Shahrukh to let Meghna go since she's slient most of the time in the film but it is this silence, this mysterious aura around her that draws him towards her so ardently.

As per Ghalib..

Ishq par zor nahin hai yeh woh aatish Ghalib
                    Jo lagaye na lage aur bujhaa'e na bane

Comment

u guys said it, when it comes to the taste of the indian audiance they r tasteless! majority of sales films in india make r abroad nowadays. any director no matter how good his 'banner' is can kiss his/her lucky stars if their film is a hit in india.

Comment

i looooooooooooooooooooved it!! especially the end!!! it was amazing and i didnt know those lyrics were from ghalib, wow that used to be my fav
                        Disclemer: I mispel al i watn

Comment

loved the movie...loved ALL the songs....

aye ajnabi tu bhi kabhi awaz de kahin se......
                          Save Pakistan.

Comment

I didn't like it on the first viewing because I was expecting Shahrukh to do a serious type of a movie. But after watching it the 2nd time on a good print (haha) I appreciated the movie much more.
                            ARR's songs from Dilse are truely classic!!

Comment

That movie had everything; Unique story, great acting, fantastic music, intense handling. That explains why it flopped this badly alongwith the likes of Lamhe etc. Indian audience rarely appreciates such genuine movies. Plus audience were also put off by scenes of Army men raping teenage girls and burning villages.
                              Last edited by Sohaib; May 23, 2005, 05:37 PM.
                              The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Comment

Working...
                              X