lollywood news on bbc asian-network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lollywood news on bbc asian-network

listen to bbc asian-network on saturday at ten they talk about latest lollywood films...

Re: lollywood news on bbc asian-network

why?

Comment

oh great, they want people to know the pakistani industry as "lollywood"? at least some of the indian actors have been speaking out against "bollywood" saying it's degrading and it was coined by a journalist after which it gained so much popularity that it got included in the english dictionary.

Comment

^^ It's a good step on BBC's part--to play out to the millions of folks of Pak origin in UK. On the "Lollywood" bit, I think a better name can be coined for the Pak film industry, but that's not a good enough reason to put a hold on the Pak films' projection.
        the resident cinema geek

Comment

pakistan is working on that.

right now a huge film city is to be made in shiekapura, the name should also change to pakistan film industry or even shiekapura.

Comment

Originally posted by suhaib

right now a huge film city is to be made in shiekapura, the name should also change to pakistan film industry or even shiekapura.
            NOWAY! I think film making needs to go down south to Karachi!![PS: I have no ethnic affiliations with that city - its just that things are better there for film makin]
            the resident cinema geek

Comment

Originally posted by suhaib

i have no idea where shiekapura is but it's great to know they'll change the name!
              by the way, i'm not against pakistani movies getting exposure, i think it's great that they are. it's just that if they want to stop being referred to as "Lollywood", they should stop it asap otherwise it will stick just as "Bollywood" has for the indian film industry.

Comment

Working...
              X