Knight Rider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knight Rider

I do not understand how this program became such a big hit in Pakistan, considering that it was in English, whereas most of the country's population cannot even understand the language.

Yet, it was popular with every one. Those who couldnt understand what the actors were saying would just make up a story in their own head
    and go ahead with it.

"Turbo boost" was the most common phrase heard. The horizontal light on KITT's bonet could be found on many cars in the streets. "Knight Rider" became the second phrase for with a fast/sports car. There were discussions every morning after the program was aired about what the car can and cannot do.

There were board games that came out about Knight Rider, and I also remember reading about people in the newspaper who claimed that they had met Michael Knight (David Haselhoff) and showed pictures (obviously, hillarious attempts at cut and paste!!)

The show initially ran in the 10 to 11 PM slot. Then it was moved to the 7 - 8 slot I believe, another testimonial to the fact that it had become extremely popular with the masses. Was it moved at any time to the 8 - 9 slot? Another thing about this show which was an extremely popular topic, was whether KITT (Knight Industries Two Thousand) was real. There were obvioulsy many theories, and people gave their differing opinions on it, based on weird arguments.
    Main Kabhi Batlata Nahin
    Par Andhere Se Darta Hoon Main Maa
    Tujhe Sab Hain Pata,Meri Maa

Re: Knight Rider

I didn't watch Knight Rider as much as I watched Air Wolf. Was such a big fan of it!!!
    Don't argue with ignorants. They will first drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.

Comment

Those were the times when PTV regularly bought and telecast english serials. The earliest memories I have start with Six Million Dollar Man, then, in no particular order

- Man from Atlantis (so so)
      - Powers of Mathew Star (really funny)
      - Air Wolf (catchy tunes. Talked about amogst school kids a lot)
      - Knight Rider
      - CHiPS
      - MacGyver (really interesting)

We also had Little House on the Prairie and other such programs that were telecast earlier in the evening, and more for younger kids. Two other serials telecast on PTV were

- Shogun
      - Highway to Heaven

I am sure I am missing a few.
      "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Are you kidding me Pakiguy? That show was awesome (Atleast when I was 7)! It was all due to the theme music, I'm telling you.

Comment

I agree that series got most hype in those days. Kids were crazy about that Kar

But the best one was McGuyver and Air wolf was very good
          Bazinggaaaa ....

Comment

I am still waiting for my talking car. Its way better than girls - you can shut the car up. hehehe
            [ M ] - Awesome Wedding Photographer + Videographer in Canada

Comment

Air Wolf was indeed the some thing most school kids were attracted towards.

I think that series I with very smart main pilot and older co-pilot navigator was some thing I always loved.

Series II wasnt that good, but it was AIr Wolf

Can I find it some where on internet ?
              Allah humma lakal hamdo walakashukar....

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
                Air Wolf was indeed the some thing most school kids were attracted towards.

I think that series I with very smart main pilot and older co-pilot navigator was some thing I always loved.

Series II wasnt that good, but it was AIr Wolf

Can I find it some where on internet ?
                It is strange that no one realized that the last season, running in Pakistan in 1989, did not contain any new footage of the helicopter. Since it was shot on a very low budget, the producing network just reused the footage from the first 3 seasons, and perhaps also wrote their episodes around them.
                Main Kabhi Batlata Nahin
                Par Andhere Se Darta Hoon Main Maa
                Tujhe Sab Hain Pata,Meri Maa

Comment

some more....

Highway Man
                  Automan

Comment

Originally posted by DaPakiGuy
                    It is strange that no one realized that the last season, running in Pakistan in 1989, did not contain any new footage of the helicopter. Since it was shot on a very low budget, the producing network just reused the footage from the first 3 seasons, and perhaps also wrote their episodes around them.
                    It was actually the Canadian version. The guy who played Stringfella Hawk, even though he was an amazing actor and charged alot of money for one show, he was known to be disruptive on the set, and the entire cast was changed and Santini died in the pilot of that new show. All the footage was from the previous seasons, and it seemed as at that point in time, anyone could operate the airwolf, and they stopped wearing helmets too!

I got alot of the episodes from winmx if anyone is interested in trading, PM me.

Comment

yeah Knight Rider was a massive attrcation back in those days. and then when PTV didnt have anymore of it to show they started Airwolf which was even more loved. kids all wanted to grow up and become "knight rider" or "airwolf". the tunes and the soundtrack was very popular. ah the good old days.
                      a long time ago i posted the themes in audio for both shows.

Comment

Knight Rider was not just about car. Its stories were interesting. I remember one in which 'kit' had to fight an equally capable car. Awesome episode

Another one that I can remember is 'Manimal'. Very addictive.
                        The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Comment

War Of The worlds

Comment

Saby, yes manimal was great! it was on NTM around 90-91 and this guy used to turn into a panther, a pyhton and an eagle as per requirement. it was amazing and too thrilling at that age.
                            from the same time do you remember The Wizard with this too smart dwarf who could get anyhting in control. and in kids programmes Thunder cats and Gumby...nostalgia nostalgia!

war of the worlds was from the end of 80s era. it was in the late night slot i think. very popluar.

Comment

i loved war of the worlds..NTM and it's Urdu dub of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was traumatising tho lol
                              How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

Working...
                              X