• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasim Akram:I dream of Sushmita Sen

I dream of Sushmita: Wasim Akram

Alka Rastogi
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/1...7,00070001.htm
    Lucknow, May 8, 2005

Former Pakistan cricket captain Wasim Akram, in Lucknow recently for an anti-diabetes campaign, admits he's a great fan of Indian cinema and finds Sushmita Sen the sexiest Bollywood actress.

What role has cricket played in relations between India and Pakistan?
    I strongly believe cricket has improved Indo-Pak relations and is acting as a bridge between the two nations.

Do you think an Indo-Pak cricket series every year would become monotonous?
    Yes. Playing a full-fledged series every year, besides the two teams meeting in triangular tournaments and other ODI series has dampened the charm of Indo-Pak cricket matches. If the current trend continues, we could soon be seeing empty stands in the stadium.

Do you think today's bowlers know how to work on the ball?
    I don't think so. To get reverse swing one has to work on the ball. However it is the duty of not just bowlers but the entire team to maintain the shine on one side.

Is it right that you are great fan of Hindi film music?
    Sure. My current favourites are Yeh Lamhe from Mahesh Bhatt's Zeher and the songs of Yash Chopra's Veer Zara. I also enjoy listening to Lata Mangeshkar Sahiba and Kishore Kumar is my all-time favourite.

Who is your favourite Bollywood actress?
    I am a fan of Sushmita Sen. I love watching her movies. My God, she's very hot! I often dream of her. Although I don't like her acting all that much, she sure is sexy!

Any plans to join politics like your mentor Imran Khan?
    No way. I have no interest in politics. I am thoroughly enjoying my new role as a TV commentator.

What brings you to Lucknow?
    I am here to promote an anti-diabetes campaign.

How did you become associated with this particular cause?
    I was myself diagnosed with diabetes in 1997. But I continued to have a very successful career despite that. My wife Huma always encouraged me to live life with zest. I have no idea how I became diabetic since no one in my family for five generations suffered from the disease. But I do feel there's an urgent need to create awareness about diabetes, especially among the young.

What are your impressions of Lucknow?
    It is great city. I have been mesmerised by the culture and urbanity of its people. I am also bowled over by the chaste Urdu that people speak here. Chaste Urdu is not spoken even in Lahore where it has distinct Punjabi flavour. Lucknavi Zuban is more Khalis than Lahori. (The language of Lucknow is purer than that of Lahore).

so...when Wasim bhai is going after his fantasy?
    If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone. Michael Corleone

Comment

Re: Wasim Akram:I dream of Sushmita Sen

I hope Huma reads this and do proper chitrol

Comment

What an idiot!
        “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

Comment

Sometimes I wish I would never had listened to Wasim speak. I wish he had retired after his last match. I would have had so much more respect for him. But now he is a joker.

Comment

Sounds like hes been turfed out of Huma's bed. Too many lonely nights for Wasim bhai
            "Before you visit Mecca it beckons to you, when you leave it behind, it calls to you forever."

Comment

Originally posted by nicols_john
              My God, she's very hot! I often dream of her. Although I don't like her acting all that much, she sure is sexy!
              Sounds like something a pakka chichora will say while doing poondi around Liberty Market with his langotiyas.
              "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Pakistani cricket players might come with the talent

to play cricket well but in exchange for their brains
                and the ability to think before they speak. Let's not
                forget how they sell their souls...Oh wait :bash: they don't
                have one
                It's better to stay quite and give the impression that you're stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Comment

"My God, she's very hot! I often dream of her. Although I don't like her acting all that much, she sure is sexy!"

Sounds more like insulting Shusmita than praising her.
                  “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

Comment

yasir hameed said this after his match winning 97 against india last year in peshawar.

'aishwarya rai and preity zinta can call me anytime'

Comment

Working...
                    X