Nayyara Noor is no more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nayyara Noor is no more

KARACHI: Celebrated singer Nayyara Noor passed away here after a brief illness on Saturday, her family and friends said. She was 71.

The nature of her illness was not immediately clear.

Born in the Indian state of Assam in 1950, she migrated to Pakistan her with family in the late 1950s.

A keen enthusiast of melody, she started learning music at a very early age and got her first break on Radio Pakistan in 1968. Three years later, she was introduced at PTV.

She won several awards and accolades during her storied career, and was also a recipient of the Pride of of Performance.

She is survived by her husband, Sheharyar Zaidi, and two sons, Ali and Jaafer.

Published in Dawn, August 21st, 2022

Comment

• queer
      queer commented
      Editing a comment
      Serious nostalgia from the late 90s when I first heard this piece on the forums. Time marches on relentlessly, we are but bubbles. RIP, Nayyara Noor.

To be honest I used to think she had already passed away. But good to know she was still alive, healthy and well taken care of. For me, her song 'watan ki mitti gawah rehna' was the most iconic song she had sung.

إِنَّا ِلِلَّٰهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ,

Comment

A huge piece of our childhood memory.. All elders were a big fan of her. RIP.

Very sorry to know she is no more.

Comment

what beautiful lyrics.. and what a beautiful couple that was, Rahat Kazmi/Sahira.

how'z you mostar btw?
        Attitude is more important than facts.
        "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Thanks I am fine and you!

Comment

Working...
          X