Hum Kahan Ke Sachay Thay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hum Kahan Ke Sachay Thay

Anyone watching this drama? What do we think? I'm just a couple of episodes in and I'm liking the way this drama explores childhood trauma with sensitivity.
    Mahira Khan is doing a great job
    "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.-Jalal-ud Din Rumi

I am not bowled over by it, but I am watching. It is a more toned-down in terms of storyline and portrayal compared to Umera Ahmed’s previous stories such as Zindagi Gulzar Hai, Shehr e Zaat, Durr e Shahwar, etc. I cannot say that mujhay bahut maaza aata hai with this drama and I would rate it as mediocre thus far compared to the author’s other novel-based dramas.

The guy, Aswad, has a dull and uncle jesi personality. There’s nothing suave or charming or smooth about his character. He’s very serious and grumpy and quick to anger. I don’t understand what Mashal sees in him and there are no such fun or tension bharay moments of romantic attraction between him and Mashal that would suggest that Aswad had ever felt so strongly enough about Mashal to even want to marry her.

If you compare it to Zindagi Gulzar Hai, Kashf and Zaroon had those moments of unexpressed attraction that kept the audience hooked. In this drama it’s just an angry, sara hua Aswad Uncle who behaves in a wooden, robotic manner toward both Mashal and and Mehreen.
    Hi Frendzz! I am a multi of a multi of a multi of a multi of a multi!

Comment

Here’s more...

I know that Mashal is shown as less zaheen than Mehreen. But she can pretty dumb sometimes. Like telling Mehreen that she was not the one who sent the fake email when her ip address proved otherwise. Aswad is too gullible so he’s dumb too. Dumb should marry Dumber.
      Hi Frendzz! I am a multi of a multi of a multi of a multi of a multi!

Comment

• KraziM3
        KraziM3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Aha I was rolling my eyes at this point. Not the sharpest tool in the shed is she?

Originally posted by The Last Straw View Post
      I am not bowled over by it, but I am watching. It is a more toned-down in terms of storyline and portrayal compared to Umera Ahmed’s previous stories such as Zindagi Gulzar Hai, Shehr e Zaat, Durr e Shahwar, etc. I cannot say that mujhay bahut maaza aata hai with this drama and I would rate it as mediocre thus far compared to the author’s other novel-based dramas.

The guy, Aswad, has a dull and uncle jesi personality. There’s nothing suave or charming or smooth about his character. He’s very serious and grumpy and quick to anger. I don’t understand what Mashal sees in him and there are no such fun or tension bharay moments of romantic attraction between him and Mashal that would suggest that Aswad had ever felt so strongly enough about Mashal to even want to marry her.

If you compare it to Zindagi Gulzar Hai, Kashf and Zaroon had those moments of unexpressed attraction that kept the audience hooked. In this drama it’s just an angry, sara hua Aswad Uncle who behaves in a wooden, robotic manner toward both Mashal and and Mehreen.
      I agree - not sure if Usman Mukhtar is the best choice for this role as the chemistry between the three leads seems off. Also found that he is acting much older than the two girls although the age-gap was not meant to be significant?

Now the chemistry between Kashaf and Zaroon in ZGH was on-point and had us shipping them from the start. I'm tempted to watch it again.
      "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.-Jalal-ud Din Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by KraziM3 View Post
        Anyone watching this drama? What do we think? I'm just a couple of episodes in and I'm liking the way this drama explores childhood trauma with sensitivity.
        Mahira Khan is doing a great job
        Well this drama will go so intense, and it will touch deep down on emotional level.
        First two minutes of first episode convey the important message.

Comment

The recent plot twist was just what this drama needed. Doubt I could stomach another love triangle involving cousins!

Also poor Saffan Haroon Shahid sure loves being friendzoned in dramas.

Comment

Working...
          X