umer shareef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

umer shareef

Is he alive or did he pass away. Can someone plz tell me.

Most certainly alive. His family asked for special assistance from the prime minister for getting a visa to the US I think, for medical treatment.
    "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Someone shared the news of his death, and then others shared its fake news.

then someone told me he has Cancer and is asking govt to send him to US for medical treatment.

Either way, its very sad. From entertainment POV, he wasnt the same umar sharif for last many years
      Attitude is more important than facts.
      "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Umer Sharif is a living legend and I pray it stays that way. I watched his stage show Bakra Qiston Pe (i & ii) probably more than a hundred times, clean comedy all the way. Several Indians I met had watched and loved it as well. I'm happy to know that he saved for his old age which is keeping him relatively comfortable in his hour of need. He needs some heart treatment that has become very complicated due to his diabetes and his previous heart bypass.

Comment

Just read Reema's husband, a doc in US has agreed to do the surgery which looks complicated

Comment

Yes, Umer Sharif is alive please pray for him his condition is very serious ....
            https://www.elixir.org.pk/

Comment

Unfortunately there is still no air ambulance which could take him to US. All thanks to the incompetence of Sindh government. His son is going from office to office and PPP leaders are getting their pictures taken with him.

Comment

Still no air ambulance. However, it is likely to take 2 more days to arrive. Such a delay for such a famous personality with PM and provincial government fully involved makes me wonder about the chances of a common person.

Comment

RIP
                  https://i.dawn.com/medium/2021/10/6158220f28a4e.jpg
                  Legendary comedian Umer Sharif passes away at 66 in Germany
                  Sharif was on his way to the US for treatment when a deterioration of his condition saw him admitted to a hospital in Germany.

‏چیئرمین بلاول بھٹو نے بیان جاری کرتے ہوئے کہا ہے کہ عمرشریف کا انتقال باعثِ صدمہ ہے،رونے والوں کو بھی ہنسنے پر مجبورکرنےوالا طنز و مزاح کا آفتاب آج غروب ہوگیا
                  انہوں نےکہا مرحوم کی مغفرت کی دعا کی اوران کےاہلخانہ سےتعزیت کااظہاراوران کےلیئےصبرجمیل کی دعا کی
                  https://t.co/DiNFwb3JTx‎
                  https://scontent.fisb6-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/244352187_6257355014339542_5199683049075812608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_eui2=AeEz76intiwLXqR0yIxUt1jdT0GBXrc5jIpPQYFetzmMir-kfPdP3IBd3qxsBvqLkuY&_nc_ohc=qb9xhT8h9-IAX-Gv7PP&_nc_oc=AQkxdzvnByEgXPk4imM5u0dXgIrQGayEMMae6tQ2BDmlNqGzDNNjQA0RBRwngoIUKbA&tn=Aso6KRLIBTuf1uXF&_nc_ht=scontent.fisb6-2.fna&oh=7261ee328f1f4e1ea420507a901cddd5&oe=615D8933

Comment

RIP
                    https://i.dawn.com/medium/2021/10/6158300ab8540.jpg
                    'You inspired generations': Entertainment industry bids a tearful farewell to the legendary Umer Sharif
                    Celebrities pour their hearts out on social media to pay tribute to the veteran entertainer many simply called 'a legend'.

Comment

That is really sad. Such a person should have gotten the treatment he wanted. He had the money, he only wanted government's help to expedite the paperwork for his travel to the US. But Sindh government jumped in to make arrangements for the air ambulance and pay for it. That caused weeks of delay. In the end everyone wanted to get rid of him so they won't be blamed for his death, and that is exactly what has happened.

Comment

Inna lillah. I wasnt aware of his death. My khala specially called from chi-town about this news. Its very sad. Despite the news of his illness I always thought he'll recover.

There is no denial to the fact that he was the real king of Comedy in Pak. We grew up hearing about him and his stage dramas specially the one and only, Bakra qiston pe. His style was very unique. Specially the extempore phrases.

There will be no one like him, ever! May ALLAH forgive his sins and bless him with Jannah.
                        Attitude is more important than facts.
                        "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Lo ji shareef se achi kaamedy te apne bobby amanullah ji kar lete thay. khuda jannat naseeb kare dono ko
                          My degree of sarcasm is directly related with your level of stupidity.
                          "Hamari Koi aur branch nahi hai"

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Lota View Post
                            Lo ji shareef se achi kaamedy te apne bobby amanullah ji kar lete thay. khuda jannat naseeb kare dono ko
                            While I can't argue with you on Bobby's claim to fame, however Amanullah was a legend of Punjabi comedy, where as Umar Shareef was a legend of Urdu comedy. The two could never mix together.

Baharhaal, abh sirf Anwar Maqsood sahab reh gai hain, Allah unko lambi umar dain, lekin he's a 'behind-the-scenes' type of guy.
                            "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Moin Akhtar was the King maker and Umer Sharif was King.

Comment

Working...
                              X