Lollywood Blue eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lollywood Blue eyes

So why are all these actresses fair skinned and have blue eye lenses, if you look at the general public most are darker, does the industry not find darker people attractive. I thought many hate west there so why the obsession with blue lenses?
    On second note it seems Pak stars are so much better looking than Bollywood stars, maybe that is why they made excuses to ban them

CatsBlu.JPG DogBlu.JPG

Hey Bobby1 Do Cats and Dogs Count.....
    Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

OK Bobby1 Did not mean to DERAIL your thread! But let me ask what does Color of eyes have anything to do with Good Acting???...
      Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

Originally posted by SindSagar View Post
        OK Bobby1 Did not mean to DERAIL your thread! But let me ask what does Color of eyes have anything to do with Good Acting???...
        Acting is lousy anyways but this thread is about innate racism in many eastern cultures where fair skin and coloured eyes are considered a standard for beauty. Most people have lovely darker complexions so why heroes and heroines are so fair and blue eye lenses, they should have some pride in their natural looks, which by the way many are very good looking. Way better than Bollywood

Comment

Keep in Mind it is the Story Tellers i.e. writers for the show/Movies that dictate who their Characters in the story are!

and most stories do not involve or are not about the General Public!....

Comment

Keep in Mind it is the Story Tellers i.e. writers for the show/Movies that dictate who their Characters in the story are!

and most stories do not involve or are not about the General Public!....
            So all the movies producers, directors, writers have a different mindset than public, they are imposing their ideas of beauty on the public and not really catering to public’s idea of beauty? Public would rather see a dark skinned heroine?

Comment

Self-loathing is never an attractive character trait. Confidence is. Brown and proud, regardless of the shade!! Lollywood should be more inclusive and balanced.
              Shine on the world like loving sunlight (Rumi).
              The most important principle of environment: you are not the only element (Mahavira)
              Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without
              (Buddha).

Comment

• Kraft Dinner
                Kraft Dinner commented
                Editing a comment
                And regarding self-loathing, I'm not "just" referring to some brown people.

Originally posted by Kraft Dinner View Post
              Self-loathing is never an attractive character trait. Confidence is. Brown and proud, regardless of the shade!! Lollywood should be more inclusive and balanced.
              Safy gets really upset when his uni mates act in a self loathing manner, I do want him to tone it down and use his wit and humour to call these people out. When I used to send them kayaking they would get dopuble whamy of Sun all day both from sky and water reflection and their mom would get so mad at me for making them darker.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post

Acting is lousy anyways but this thread is about innate racism in many eastern cultures where fair skin and coloured eyes are considered a standard for beauty. Most people have lovely darker complexions so why heroes and heroines are so fair and blue eye lenses, they should have some pride in their natural looks, which by the way many are very good looking. Way better than Bollywood
                Racism is still alive and thriving in western countries.

Moreover, If you're judging a brown persons self loathing over the color of their skin, then remember who thought them to do so in the first place? The white man, of course!
                "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Originally posted by a7mado View Post

Racism is still alive and thriving in western countries.

Moreover, If you're judging a brown persons self loathing over the color of their skin, then remember who thought them to do so in the first place? The white man, of course!
                  The caste system in Subcontinent is thousands of years old. I don’t see the same gora worship here, my boys were arguing about the hottest woman on earth and Safy thought Beyoncé and Harris thought Rihanna and both black. We here are evolving and object to racism but I feel subcontinent is stuck in their racism

Comment

The caste system in Subcontinent is thousands of years old. I don’t see the same gora worship here, my boys were arguing about the hottest woman on earth and Safy thought Beyoncé and Harris thought Rihanna and both black. We here are evolving and object to racism but I feel subcontinent is stuck in their racism
                    Bobby1 your targeted Bias against Desi Culture is Obvious!..........Every Culture on Earth wants to Paint their Hero's in their Favourite Images! for THE Masses to Relate to them

Heros!

Take the Biggest and Most Popular Hero Figure in All of the Western World! ......Jesus Son of Mary!.......always shown having BLUE EYES and Brown Hair!

Even though we ALL know from all the ancient Literature He was of SEMETIC ORIGINS!

Comment

Bobby1 your targeted Bias against Desi Culture is Obvious!..........Every Culture on Earth wants to Paint their Hero's in their Favourite Images! for THE Masses to Relate to them

Heros!

Take the Biggest and Most Popular Hero Figure in All of the Western World! ......Jesus Son of Mary!.......always shown having BLUE EYES and Brown Hair!

Even though we ALL know from all the ancient Literature He was of SEMETIC ORIGINS!

We challenge the biases and fight them and they accept our criticism and hence an ethnic Indian VP and very desi CEOs, discriminating against darker skin is supposed to be desi culture??? really. Beyonce and Rihanna are considered to be the hottest celebrities, havent you seen darker heroes in our movies? Show me a sheedi in Lollywood!! This is quite disturbing to not see a single darker skinned heroine whearas most population is a beautiful tan/sanwlla complexion, and for Gods sake what percantage of population would have blue eyes.
                      Last edited by Bobby1; Mar 2, 2021, 07:45 PM.

Comment

The caste system in Subcontinent is thousands of years old.
                        I wasn't talking about the caste system, was I?

I don’t see the same gora worship here, my boys were arguing about the hottest woman on earth and Safy thought Beyoncé and Harris thought Rihanna and both black. We here are evolving and object to racism but I feel subcontinent is stuck in their racism
                        I grew up admiring Aaliyah, Ashanti & Alicia Keys, I still think they are some of the most beautiful women in the world, and I know several Pakistani's in the homeland that agree with me. Point being, institutional racism will only truly end with the passing of generation X.
                        "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Originally posted by a7mado View Post

I wasn't talking about the caste system, was I?

I grew up admiring Aaliyah, Ashanti & Alicia Keys, I still think they are some of the most beautiful women in the world, and I know several Pakistani's in the homeland that agree with me. Point being, institutional racism will only truly end with the passing of generation X.

It is in our pre historic DNA to judge and humans always will judge. Important to have laws such as ours that creates protected categories based on race, religion, sexual orientation and age.

Comment

Working...
                          X