Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Meera rule Bollywood and Hollywood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Meera rule Bollywood and Hollywood?

'Hollywood is my final destination':

By Khalid Khan

http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/aug20...4/index.html#1

TThe growing cordial relations between India and Pakistan have also resulted in the cultural exchanges and enrichment tremendously. The cross border voyages of showbiz celebrities have significantly expedited the long awaited peace process for the good of humanity.

Stylish actress and amazing dancer, Urmila was the first artist who breaks the ice and visited Pakistan. Neeha Dhopia, Pooja Butt and Mahesh Butt followed the suite and graced the Pak-India cricket series by coming down to Lahore. A host of other popular stars also added to the glory of Lahore by visiting the cultural hub of Pakistan.

Film star Resham, Reema, Veena Malik, Moammar Rana and Shan also visited India in addition to a film delegation that went to Mumbai. However, the performing artist Meera recently returned from India with the claim that she has been titled the 'Beauty queen of Lollywood' where she was hosted by Pooja Butt and Mahesh Butt. Meera took part in film 'Nazar Kay Samnay' and is scheduled to go back to complete the film.

Meera in a chat with 'Tview' spoke in length about her visit to India and the performing experience. Excerpts of the interview are as follows:

Tview: How do you value your Bollywood's sojourn?

Meera: It was fantastic in all respects. I have been given great respect. Pooja Butt and Mahesh Butt arranged a mega function in my honour. Subash Ghai invited me to the stage amid standing ovation and clapping while uttering great words in my appreciation. I have been awarded the title of 'Beauty queen of Loolywood' in the very reception. Friends and fans also celebrated my birthday in Mumbai.

Tview: What was the main purpose of your visit?

Meera: Originally, I was invited by Mahesh and Pooja Butt to perform in their production 'Nazar Kay Samnay'. One of the talented directress of Bollywood, Sohni Razadan is directing this movie. I took part in recordings and would go back shortly to complete the film. I am performing lead character in this film.

It was at the back of my mind that I am representing Pakistan and I did impress people by my mature conduct, decency and had strengthened the cause of peace and harmony. I am proud to be Pakistani and I had represented my country appropriately.

Tview: Can you reveal more details of 'Nazar Kay Samnay'?

Meera: No. I am not going to disclose anything at the moment regarding the film in question. Upon the release of film all will come to know that who has performed in the film and how it has been completed.

Tview: Some circle alleges that you have invested in the film and further says that it is a mere propaganda stunt?

Meera: Everyone follows his or her own path. Many actresses went and came back with the claims and pictures taken at the movie shops saying that they have been booked in the films but my case is genuine. I have been properly auditioned and been selected in the lot by Mahesh Butt. I will rule the Bollywood and only time will prove it. Even many biz pundits in Mumbai have told me that I am Hollywood's stuff and I must keep an eye on that. As far as investment in the film is concerned, it is absolutely false and has been aired out of morbid suspicion. However, I can't say for sure about Reema, Resham and Veena that either industry people have invited them or they went on their own.

Tview: What about your social meetings with leading Bollywood figures?

Meera: I met music director Annu Malik, Adita Pancholi, Sushmita Sen, Gowinda, Prem Chopra, Amresh Puri, Sri Devi, Boni Kapoor, Anil Kapoor, Tabu and Adnan Sami Khan. Rakesh Roshan and Subash Ghai did sent many bouquets, the fragrance of which is still fresh in my mind. I have also been offered many films but I am very calculated to decide on future assignments.

Tview: What are your futures plans now?

Meera: Hollywood is my final destination now and I will actualise this dream. I will play a long innings that will serve the cause of showbiz and also benefit my country.

--Photographic arrangement by Rafiq Mughal

could someone please tell her that she will have to learn to speak english in order to work in hollywood movies

Comment

'Hollywood is my final destination':
      yeah right
      “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

Comment

The day she stars in a hollywood movie will be the day frogs take over the world.
        Wild Thing, You Make My Heart Sing

Comment

meera and hollywood em NO CHANCE IN HELL! and as she is boasting about a mahesh butt production, she failed a screen test for another hindi movie that shw as supposed to * in! she didn't mention that in the interview, then again why would she?

Comment

Dream on....
            *c h a m k e e l i * a n k h e i n*

Comment

Come on Guys, Have Faith. Woh dinn dorr nahi jubh apni Meera Julia Roberts ko replace karey ghey.. :insha:

Comment

All she'll rule is the few guys on her block and that's about it.
                w00t

Comment

Originally posted by kake_atomey_bum:
                  Come on Guys, Have Faith. Woh dinn dorr nahi jubh apni Meera Julia Roberts ko replace karey ghey.. :insha:

OmG!
                  *c h a m k e e l i * a n k h e i n*

Comment

In her dreams if she has luck. She can't even say excuse me properly, come on...
                    I'm sweet like honey, but sting like a bee!

It is better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not...

Comment

What’s up with all this hate towards her? She is entitled to have her dreams so who are we to criticize her. She may not be all that now but there is always room for progress and who knows with a better production company and a better project, she might even come out of it as a shinning star who will brighten up the whole lollywood.

Comment

^ "better projects" haven't always been the issue with meera, her acting skills have let her down many times, she should do item numbers and be a one hit wonder

Comment

Re: Will Meera rule Bollywood and Hollywood?

ya.......whatever!!!!!!
                          Patta patta boota boota haal hamaara jaane hai
                          Jaane na jaane gul he na jaane, baagh to saara jaane hai

Comment

shes a joke!
                            Disclemer: I mispel al i watn

Comment

u know what....its ok to dream....but dreaming that high is just a joke..

i think her dream should be that she should make a pakistani movie in which she act much better than the indian actresses..
                              Patta patta boota boota haal hamaara jaane hai
                              Jaane na jaane gul he na jaane, baagh to saara jaane hai

Comment

Working...
                              X