Umrao Jaan on Geo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umrao Jaan on Geo

Today they showed episode 2 of the drama Umrao Jaan on GEO t.v.

Was anybody fortunate enough to watch it?

It's an old story, but I am just so impressed with the way it is being told in this version. I like the amount of detail which was not shown in the movie version, particularly the trauma Umrao goes through when she is kidnapped and the effect it has on her parents. I love the little girl who plays Umrao cause she is so convincing. Poor thing, kidnapped then told she isn't going to fetch a good price cause she isn't fair when all she wants to do is go home. I found all the acting so far to be very convincing.
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

i really want to watch this drama...

hey mehnaz u know the girl who plays umrao jaan.. when she grows up, is she still dark skinned or fair?

i know in Umrao Jaan (indian version) they use rekha, and she's still sanwali

Comment

I haven't watched the film yet. I did get to see tonight's episode. Although it looks well directed and detailed, I just don't have the patience to watch slow dramas. Probably, when they start showing kotha dances I might get hooked then.

Comment

Originally posted by sadzzz:
        hey mehnaz u know the girl who plays umrao jaan.. when she grows up, is she still dark skinned or fair?
        she goes from being a dark child to being gori chitti ... typical. My folks found that amusing.

Funguy, have you been watching the videos they have been showing from this drama since Geo started? There are some fab songs and dances, although Sadia Imam (I'm guessing she is another kidnapped child) does not know how to dance .... it ended with Umrao grown up dancing so you won't have to wait long. The songs and dance sequences begin next week.
        Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

aww im so jealous

although the girl in this absolutey gorgeous... (shes noor jehans grand daughter haina?), i reckon they should have stuck with a dark skinned girl.. like ummm vaneeza for instance..

sadia imam was once kali... now she's fair

Comment

I know what you mean by this transformation from kaali to gori. Folks in the West ridicule Michael for his color change but they don't realise that we in the subcontinent are the pioneers in this field. I mean what other countries sell creams which make you look whiter?. Stillman's, Amex are just to name a few. We are not a racist society - we are worse.

Comment

^ i actually used stillman in pak (for like 2 days) thinking it was normal cream!

sorry for derailing the thread mehnaz... just wanted to add, singapore is another country which sells mainly whitening cream instead of normal moisturisers.. my friend was there and came back looking white.. she hated it

Comment

Actually she remains a little sanwali. The gorwn up umrao is not any snow white either..but not as dark as they show her in her childhood.
                FG what are you doing memorising all these gora creams for??? Amex???

Comment

You think so FF? She looked fair to me. When they show her as an old woman, there she seems a bit darker. Anyway, it's alright Sadzzz, derail as much as you like.

Comment

haha thanx Mehnaz

actually my friend was extremely kali when she was young too, and now she looks like snowwhite.. she denies using any cream... but i honestly dont know how skin colour can change soo much..

have u seen the indian version mehnaz? i loooove the songs

Comment

Yeah I have Sadzzz.

I think it has to do with hormones and blood levels, or something like that. I also know somebody who was quite dark when she was younger, but had all sorts of menstrual problems growing up and it caused her to go fair. Go figure!

I'm really looking forward to the rest of this drama. The main hero dude is quite good looking.

Comment

^ does he have longish hair? i think hes cute too

hmmm that may explain my friends colour too.. and umrao jaans

Comment

Yeah. Actually, I think he's the same dude from Anarkali: Supreme Ishq. Did you ever catch that? I love all this moghul era stuff ... it's so ... classical ... elegant .... sad and tragic, yet romantic ... *sigh*

I want a gharara.

Comment

Yes Mehnaz. I saw the whole play on tape about a month ago. Aamna Bano does a superb job with her acting. The girl is exceptional.

As for the gharara I have been drooling over this rajistani sort sharara lately. one that some one put up in iamge3. I sooo desperately want to have it

Comment

Umrao Jaan Ada

thank you. thank you. I love you all, too.

*takes a bow*

Comment

Working...
                              X