• Lusi
    replied
    Re: The Passion of Christ

and what does this movie has to do with showbiz pakistan

Leave a comment:

• CuteSmile
    replied

really good movie. i luv it. but a lot of violence.

Leave a comment:

• Jal_Pari
    replied

Finally i watched it after 2 years and it was sooo not worth it. Most of the movie goes against what Muslims beleive in so it was not moving for me in the first place. There are tonnes of movies on Jesus out there exactly same way showing the crusification, not sure what the big bang was about. The only touching part i liked was the relationship between the mother and son. Then a question comes to mind, was she aware that the person who was executed was not Isa 'alaihis-salam?

Leave a comment:

• Thap
    replied
    It was a so-so movie; it should have been called 'The Last Flagellation of Christ'.

I think Mel should have flashed back to less well known periods of Jesusí life instead of sticking to the usual ones.

Having said that the movie still missed out on a good leper curing scene and a scary Lazarus moment.

All in all a Thap 4 out of 10.

Leave a comment:

• Samad
    replied
    that scene with the makin of wood table...that background music sounded jus like a punjabi film bg music...

Leave a comment:

• Raindance
    replied
    I saw it to enhance my knowledge and I can not disagree to it in general bcz it is true the events were correct. But, the myth of jesus what christian believe, makes me wonder yet again,,,,why were they mislead into thinking that jesus was the Son of God etc etc.

I usualy say this " Islam is a prgressive religion, derieved from christianity. Christianity was concieved from Judism. Therefor Islam
    has its vital roots with in judism and christianity.
    Same can not be said about judism. Why ? ,, Bcz judism today is standing still in time. they choose not to crossover to christianity, and like wise christianity choose not crossover to Islam even though Bible
    does narrate a warning about the great religion of Islam and its main
    Prophet "Ahmed" ( Mohammad pbuh ). Even with these clear warnings
    Christians today and forever being mislead in the name of missionaries and idealogy. Muslims were and are being bashed bcz they hold the main key to the truth of God with in God's last message. Christians hatred towards Muslims is political and has deep roots aging back to great khalifs empire days when Mosques were being built in Granada in the place of churches.
    Sorry guppies, it is little off topic but I had to say it,,,,

Leave a comment:

• Pakistani Tiger
    replied
    Originally posted by Spock:
    ^

PT good to see you here bro. The actress who played Mary did an excellent job, the mother-son relationship was incredible.
    Mother and Son relationship is yet another Gibson's act of class. You can feel it by just looking into the eyes of Mary and Christ, and on top of soundtrack, makes it even more an enchanting moment!

We know what Mel Gibson has done in directional debut Braveheart. The PASSION proves it all that he is a great filmmaker.

Originally posted by Mr Xtreme:

Well the jews who were protesting and claiming this film was anti-semitic are obviously political and religious activists who view things from a myopic viewpoint, and probably don't reflect the majority. If they cause a nuisance at the theatres it would probably be a good idea to disperse them with water cannons in the interests of free speech.
    The part of the film where Jesus Christ is whipped repeatedly by the Roman soldiers was very disturbing. He was brought to them by Jews and the film showed Romans blood thristy! Even more disturbing was watching them just flip Jesus over to work on the front part of his body. It seemed as if it was never going to end. I think it's about 20 or so minutes long scene. It was very difficult to watch. At this point of the movie, after the scourging, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to sit and watch the Crucifixion.

But then I did.

People who btw aren't Christians will have a tough time differeniating whether it was Jews who killed Christ or Romans. In the film, it showed that Jesus Christ was betrayed by everyone he knew that time. Gibson said the scripts is taken straight from the gospels i.e. Mark, Luke, John and other one I am forgetting the name.

Bravo will broadcast "The Last Temptation of Christ" this Saturday. I'm gonna watch it. Though, the film wasn't a success among Christians as it showed Jesus Christ's nature as more human. It was directed by Martin Scorsese and there's a soundtrack by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan is involved. I'm gonna watch it and post my review later this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• underthedome
    replied
    Originally posted by teeni_meeni:
    Aramaic language of the time is used in the movie
    Latin is also used and there is some debate if that is historically accurate, Jesus carrying the entire cross is inaccurate, minor details.

Leave a comment:

• TUMS
    replied
    there is certainly an intense relationship between mother and son that all can relate to. we have to realize what a status she has in Islam such that only one sura in the Quran is named for a woman (Mary). There is an intense and passionate relationship that the Quran honors so in that regard, while i am morally opposed to depicting prophets (now those who have seen the movie will forever see ths actor when they think of Isa(A)), we can understand the sorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Xtreme
    replied
    Well the jews who were protesting and claiming this film was anti-semitic are obviously political and religious activists who view things from a myopic viewpoint, and probably don't reflect the majority. If they cause a nuisance at the theatres it would probably be a good idea to disperse them with water cannons in the interests of free speech.

Leave a comment:

• Spock
    replied
    Originally posted by suroor_ca02:
    was arabic and latin or even english evolved from the dead language used in that movie?

i recognized lot of arabic words and english words used in the movie.

great movie though, well made
    and it made me cry :-(
    ^ Niether, it was Aramaic. Words such as 'Ilahi', 'Amah' etc were familiar. Pretty similar to Arabic.

Leave a comment:

• suroor_ca02
    replied
    was arabic and latin or even english evolved from the dead language used in that movie?

i recognized lot of arabic words and english words used in the movie.

great movie though, well made
    and it made me cry :-(

Leave a comment:

• Spock
    replied
    ^

PT good to see you here bro. The actress who played Mary did an excellent job, the mother-son relationship was incredible.

Leave a comment:

• Pakistani Tiger
    replied
    Watching this movie is like rock climbing, you know it's causing you pain, but you want to keep going. You don't pay attention to the jagged edges, the bruises will have healed long after the memory of the ascent.

But then I disagree.

The movie is violent and justifiably so. Historically, the Romans of the time had always been brutal, and crucifixion, with all its attendant rituals of sadism, was considered extreme punishment.

But one striking thing is that while violence is lashed onto your consciousness throughout the film, you focus less on the violence as on the person enduring it. You emphatize, you react, you sob. The better part of your humanity protests bitterly against the inhumanity you see before you. And then you sob some more.

This is catharsis of the early Greek dramas, the purging of the emotions.

But that's another topic.

The way the film swings from torture to calm via flashback scenes is a masterful touch. Gibson is playing kite in this movie. He knows when to tug and when to release, which is probably why this film soars against the wind.

Leave a comment:

• I'M THE BEST
    replied
    Originally posted by Gohan:

why? u guys were wearing a sign saying we are muslims? was it THAT visible in the dark?
    actually yeah, we had a couple of hijabis with us. and they don't turn the lights off until the movie starts, in case u didn't notice. so yeah there was enough light for them to see us.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X