The Passion of Christ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Passion of Christ

all this hoopla about this movie, definitely won't watch it, i hear it's a bloodbath, kinda sickening actually.

i may not watch it cuz i hate sitting through the movie reading subtitles.. Crouching Tiger was an exception though
    JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

what languge is it in??

Comment

Aramaic language of the time is used in the movie..so its going to be all stuffed with subtitles..moreover they said it is made to scare u with all the blood and nailing down stuff goin around..why did they make it when they say people might leave it in the middle because of all the violence

Comment

I don't think it is "made to scare you". If anything, Gibson wanted to depict the final 12 hours of Christ's life and wanted to portray events as realistic as possible .... according to his faith. I don't know if he went overboard with the amount of gore shown, but I still want to see this movie.

I love foreign films, although this is not really a foreign film. Aramaic is a dead language.
          Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

do tell me how was it after uve seen it, mehnaz..and maybe ill watch it too..

Comment

if u ppl are not christian than why do u say christ and insult ALLAH?

Comment

Originally posted by PakCanada:
                PakCanada, there's nothing wrong in talking about Chirst! Christ's literal meaning is Messiah and Muslims believe in Christ as a Prophet of God, just like Prophet Muhammad P.B.U.H. Furthermore, the Quran pronounces both christians and jews as the righteous as long as they believe in One God and His original scriptures. See 2:62 for more detail.

I think I'm going to watch the movie... I don't get how people can take extreme views about the movie without even watching it.

I became interested in the movie after watching Gibson's interview on Prime... the very last question the interviewer asked was “Who killed Jesus?” and Mel replied... “The big answer is…we all did. And I’ll be first in the culpability stakes.” - the interviewer had that “What in the hell did he just say?” look on her face!

and this is what I think too... the message of the movie is supposed to show how morally flawed people are, and man himself is mankind’s greatest danger! and the producers have portrayed that in a religious subtext.
                For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

You might want to look up the urdu translation of the word christ, nothing wrong with it.

Comment

Typical !!! You'ev been getting wrong eduction from some one..
                    Christ is as sacred to Muslims as to christians... ALLAH subhan-ul-talah
                    cannot be insulted like this,,,,so why even say it ???
                    to talk about Christ is forbidden in fanatic Muderssahs... not in Quran

I hope the day doesnt come when you will be asked to explain Islam to non-believers so they can learn from it and convert.

I read some where in GS by a member who said that we should only
                    believe in ALLAH & Quran and the lives of the Prophets pbut. Not those
                    hard liner Mullahs and so called Din Dars. Allah has forbidden SHIRQ
                    but I still see people even Mullahs talk about Taweez and Dums. special
                    Dua's and special way of reciting a certain verse. ... I firmly believe that THIS IS INSULTING despite having all the clear instructions.
                    *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*
                    Down loading, Please wait ,,,,,,,Your Thread is being shredded into bits !

Comment

Look it's just the name of a movie okay? it doesn't mean we condone it at all, saying the name of a movie is not meant to be provocative and aren't you inherently agreeing with the premise of the movie by saying "Peace be upon him?" the real Isa (A) was NOT white like the movie would have you believe so it's a farce anyway but please stop being so picky, no harm intended, really.

Originally posted by Raindance:

Typical !!! You'ev been getting wrong eduction from some one..
                      Christ is as sacred to Muslims as to christians... ALLAH subhan-ul-talah
                      cannot be insulted like this,,,,so why even say it ???
                      to talk about Christ is forbidden in fanatic Muderssahs... not in Quran

I hope the day doesnt come when you will be asked to explain Islam to non-believers so they can learn from it and convert.

I read some where in GS by a member who said that we should only
                      believe in ALLAH & Quran and the lives of the Prophets pbut. Not those
                      hard liner Mullahs and so called Din Dars. Allah has forbidden SHIRQ
                      but I still see people even Mullahs talk about Taweez and Dums. special
                      Dua's and special way of reciting a certain verse. ... I firmly believe that THIS IS INSULTING despite having all the clear instructions.

Comment

okay sorry i guess i'm just not as educated as u ppl.

Comment

HELL YEAH I'M WATCHING THIS MOVIE After all those hating movies on muslims, and all that anti-semitism on muslims, and germans and everyone, finally a movie comes, that shows the reality of the jews, and they just can't take it!!!! just cuz this movie unleashes the veil on jews, it's now supposed to be hateful. NYPD Blues always trashes about muslims, is that not anti-semitism, just cuz its the jews now? My AS*!!!!! they know they're hated by both muslims and christian books. they know the only reason that christians wanna help them with israel is bc the jews need to be in their places for the end of the world to come so that they can die. they know their time will come, they can make it last all they want, but it's the truth, and it shall be known, and hell yes i will watch ne thing that shows the cruel reality of jews!!! we all should!
                          !!!Live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse!!!

Comment

i really want to see the movie cuz it sounds interesting.
                            i don't know about this being the reality of jews. there are all kinds of jews and muslims and christians and hindus and so on. no point in encouraging hate just cuz we feel bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Itna Sara:
                              i really want to see the movie cuz it sounds interesting.
                              i don't know about this being the reality of jews. there are all kinds of jews and muslims and christians and hindus and so on. no point in encouraging hate just cuz we feel bad.
                              i understand ur point, i'm not with hateful messages either. but that is what they di, and lanath has been sent upon jews by both books. we can't deny that. it just pisses me of, that the only care when it's them. they don't care about anti-semitism towards other groups. so why should we care about them? they r hypcrytes, and the world knows it, everyone is just too scared to say it.
                              !!!Live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X