Prime TV.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime TV.

do you watch it because it's Pakistani and it's there or u watch it because that's the best programming for that time slot?? Would u change channels elsewhere if u had other more interesting stuff going on or does the appeal of watching something Pakistani, no matter how badly produced, written, directed etc. influence your actions on the remote..
    If there's a better use for the Internet, I haven't found it -- Homer Simpson

I watch it because I can relate to the stories compared to say "Friends". But lately, I can only relate to Dr Samia's "Food Buhat Khoob". I don't relate to News on Prime. Tell you what, I would rather watch local news than tune into Prime.

Comment

I watch it when I am working in the kitchen or if something good is on e.g. a new video, an interview which is rare nowadays. Its deteriorating day by day. If I cannot stand whats on I usually go and watch local tv or a movie/drama. If it wasn't a Pakistani channel I wouldn't have even had it.

Comment

are Prime TV and PTV World brands of the same Channel?
        Bless you.

Comment

We have it because of our parents, mostly Mom who can't find anything else to watch on regular TV. Otherwise I am happy with my Top 50 channels.
          I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
          - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by Sharafat_Ka_Namouna:
            are Prime TV and PTV World brands of the same Channel?
            ptv prime is a private channel that is why it is usually called prime tv.
            America is the kind of country that impeaches a president for screwing his intern - not for screwing his country.

Comment

We have it just because it offers Pakistani programming.

Also, except for may be C-Span and Food Network, Prime is one where we can be relatively sure that it will not show bay-hooda stuff out of the blue. Even CNN is not safe, in this regard. Although with some of the stage shows and music videos, bay-hooda is being redefined constantly by Prime as well
              "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

i know it's easy to bash them but i'd rather listen to urdu than english so i watch it a lot.

Comment

yeh true baba, its the pakistani thing, warna ptv prime has had nothing new to offer since it proclaimed itself as a "FAMILY CHANNEL"... its not evena complete channel let alone a family channel, i'd say drama wise ary digital has a better bulk of dramas on air at the mo', stage show/concerts waghaira we r lucky if ptv prime show atleast 2 annually, with thrid-class singers from walthamstow mela, can't forget that 1 :yukh:

i have been emailing that appi mohini for so long, that i have lost count, the hot topic i talked about was: sports, sports, sports........... i wrote to her saying ok u can't get broadcasting rights for live cricket matches atleast try to get the rights for a regular 30 minute highlights programme and they couldn't even do that. i said the same about hockey but to no avail.

also i suggested like many other viewers stage shows/concerts plzzz but no.... only around eid time or basant ptv prime bothers to show live concerts/shows, from pakistan which is gr8 but thats only for a limited amount of time

PTV PRIME is a failure i subscribed to it when it was launched in the uk and since then i have been disapppointed and disapoointed with the service it has provided over the years.

now me is waiting for ptv from pakistan to launch its channels on sky digital sometime in the future, me will subscribe to them, atleast they'll have amixture of various different programmes to offer.

Comment

I subscribe to ARY digital for the cricket only. The other stuff goes right over my head and doesn't look particularly good quality, I'm pretty sure that Prime tv will be much the same. One thing I did notice though, the actresses on tv are much hotter than Lollywood. Not that that takes much.

Comment

Mr Xtreme now dat u've mentioned it, kindly tell me have ary digital confirmed or not, whether they will telecast the forthcoming pak-ind series (test + odi) !!!! thanks

according to a guppie muazzam in kk forum ary won't be telecasting the tests just odi's only, is that true!

Comment

I used watch Prime TV, 2 years ago, it was good & desi - feels like one is in pakistan-watchin the same programs as them-

but then i chose ARY digital....its more variety i think, although not too desi type -mainly for british pakistani's - cool music shows,religious programs+talks & sports& dramas are good ....i prefer to stick with ARY for time-being...

Comment

Originally posted by #let uz chat#:
                          Mr Xtreme now dat u've mentioned it, kindly tell me have ary digital confirmed or not, whether they will telecast the forthcoming pak-ind series (test + odi) !!!! thanks

according to a guppie muazzam in kk forum ary won't be telecasting the tests just odi's only, is that true!
                          I'm pretty sure that ARY are broadcasting the full series but you have to pay subscription for about 39 for the full package.

It's not a bad deal compared to some I guess they have to charge a fee in order to be able to secure the rights against other channels. They were supposed to show all the home series for free as far as I was aware though.

Comment

Working...
                          X