One hit wonders..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One hit wonders..

well Pakistani one hit wonders to be exact..

I can only think of one.. that "Hum tum hon gay Badal Ho ga" dude.. he did try some other 'naghmay' but I only remember him by that one song where he created waves and then just died down..

A true one hit wonder..

add yours.. (one per post please to give others a chance)..
    If there's a better use for the Internet, I haven't found it -- Homer Simpson

Can Hawwa Hawwa be classified as a one-hit wonder? I don't think the guy released any hits after that. I don't remember his name. Late 80s if I remember correctly.
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

Hasan Jehangir?

well if you only remember one song by the person.. than yes. he's a one hit wonder .. kind of..

i'm saying that cuz i think he did have some other semi-hits later on..

Comment

would Shaki be one of em' with "gaggar sai kabhi pani piya tha yaad karo"
        hum paii yeh kis nay harra rung dalla

Comment

well i'd cut Shehaki more slack.. since he also had this hit with Allan Faqir ....

Comment

Faakhre-Alam with some Punjabi/Rap song,(can't think of the name) and after that none of his song went hit

Comment

that's true.. and in fact since i can't even recall the song's name.. he's not even a one hit wonder...

Comment

shehki was actually pretty good.
                I,ve been trying to get hold of his songs,,, cant seem to find em on the net. He had some nice songs... at least i liked him.
                And the song mehnaz mentioned was sung by alamgir.

Comment

Pathanay KhaN - maiNda ishq vi tooN, maiNda yaar vi tooN
                  Save Pakistan.

Comment

nah, Kaka jee, the song Mehnaz mentioned was sung by Hasan Jehangir and he was definitely a one-hit wonder.

Comment

umm sorry,,, i meant the main nay tumhari gagar say song...

i meant mahnoor... my mistake
                      .. the gagar song was sung by alamgir and not shehki.

Comment

there was this band called live wires...
                        they had a song called nayee umangain jagga kay to daikho...which was pretty popular at the time,,, and i,ve never heard of em eversince.

Comment

oh Yeah you are right KAKA ATOM BUM , but there was also a song by Shekhi Cant think of the name it went "na na kurr bhiya, Allah hi sai durr bhiya" or something

Comment

Amir Saleem,(the dude with long hair) God knows who listens to him I think he did have a hit once
                            same applies to Arif Lohar (God have mercy) who still listens to him but they still keep singing

Comment

arif lohar is heard by lots of ppl in pakistan he is a folk singer and only reason he is still there is because his dad was a legend.

da only one hit wonders i can think of is da band JAL

Comment

Working...
                              X