Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philosphical/Propaganda/Controversial movies

Do you like them?

As a rule I stay away from overtly philosphical/propaganda movies cz they bore me. However, historical movies interest me. Both of these are sometimes inter-related. However I am still on the fence about the new Mel Gibson movie "The Passion of Christ". Its called anti-semitic for being anti-jew, and its claimed its honest to the gospels, and just shows it for what it was.

Does it seem like a Christian movie produced to project a certain image, or to show an honest depiction of an historical event?
    "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Will comment on it... When Wathed

Ur Question.... for.... LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST...

Does it seem like a Christian movie produced to project a certain image, or to show an honest depiction of an historical event?
    FACE OF AN ~.~ANGEL~.~ APPETITE OF A VAMPIRE

Comment

i'd watch it just to annoy the JDL..

strange country we live in.. deny the existence of God and you're all right.. deny the holocaust and all hell breaks loose..

I do like philosophical movies.. but eventually they are all propganda anyway..

nothing has been more thought provoking than Matrix though..
      JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

I cannot wait for The Passion to be released.
        I got goose bumps watching the trailor!

Can't tell ya about wha the producers intentions were untill I see the movie!
        ...is happily flawed!

Comment

I want to see this movie. There is so much controversy surrounding the extent of violence depicted in this film. Apparently, it's very "up-close" and "brutal". I still will watch it.

These days, if you say anything negative about a jewish person, it is anti-semitic and racist. This movie is just asking for a lashing. Khair, people should actually watch it before bashing it.

How many people read Salman Rushdie's controversial book? Personally, I tried but found it too boring to get through.
          Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

History is biased and so will all the movies made about them. This doesn't mean these movies have no truth to them at all; most of them are just tilted towards the producers own ideas or ideals.

I wonder how a movie on Jesus made by Muslims will portray all the groups involved.
            I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
            - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Don't normally like propaganda - under any disguise - but quite like philosophical and controversial films

Wag the Dog is good - and others escape my mind at present.
              If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone. Michael Corleone

Comment

"Wag the Dog", in my mind, is political satire. It was hardly philosophical or controversial. It was another example of how Hollywood folks like to pat their own backs .. .much like America's Sweethearts and Simone.
                "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

I like movies that are unintentionally philosophical. Most of the time when someone tries making a deep point in a movie they stress it too much and it just turns out corny. I like historical movies too. Propaganda always sucks.. unless it's the sort that's so pathetic it's funny.

As for the Passion.. I'll prolly watch it, but I bet it'll be pretty boring. Might have good cinematography and all that, but rambling on and on in dead languages aint my cup of tea.
                  I promise I won't kill any Jews after watching it

Comment

Working...
                  X