Greensleeves (esp for Fret)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greensleeves (esp for Fret)

This is an old 16th century ballad that I just absolutely love. This is the best version of it I can find on Kazaa. Too bad there isn't a more fitting singer of this song. Anyways, its very peaceful and beautiful.

Fret-I thought of you when I was listening to it, cuz of the whole medievil thing (just without the guitar and drums )

Enjoy!

[v]4.875175[/v]
    ~Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin
    ~Nes is MY voice of reason, get your own :snooty:

714, I LOOOOOVE 16th century Greensleeves!! There are so many great versions of that song. I'll try to post some when I can. Thanks for posting it!!
    'Music is a moral law. It gives wings to the mind, a soul to the universe, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, a life to everything.' -- Plato

Comment

Being on the topic of sounds of the middle ages, here's a medieval ballad by a classic rock band called "Rainbow", from their 1977 album "Long Live Rock n Roll". Although not as medieval as Greensleeves, but the mood is there, and it's beautiful. Ronnie James Dio on vocals (one of my personal favorites)

[v]14593.665879[/v]
      Part 1

[v]14593.975079[/v]
      Part 2
      'Music is a moral law. It gives wings to the mind, a soul to the universe, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, a life to everything.' -- Plato

Comment

I have heard that version, and its cool, but i was looking for...well, this won't make sense, but there is this movie called the Secret Garden and this woman with this...almost...not deep but strong voice sang it, and it was really beautiful
        ~Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin

Comment

Originally posted by 714:

I have heard that version, and its cool, but i was looking for...well, this won't make sense, but there is this movie called the Secret Garden and this woman with this...almost...not deep but strong voice sang it, and it was really beautiful
          Oh, the Secret Garden, the animated kids movie right? I've heard of it, but never seen it, or heard the music. :rotato:

Comment

Originally posted by Fret Wizard:

Oh, the Secret Garden, the animated kids movie right? I've heard of it, but never seen it, or heard the music. :rotato:
            No its not animated Its actually a really good movie. you should check it out!!
            ~Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin

Comment

Originally posted by 714:
              No its not animated Its actually a really good movie. you should check it out!!
              Oh, I didn't know there was another one. I was only familiar with the animated one that came out in 1994 or so. Cool

Comment

great music guys

Fret: I know u like Dio on vocals a lot ..

714: how are you doin baby? btw, thanks for sharing ..

Comment

Originally posted by Aatif:
                  great music guys

Fret: I know u like Dio on vocals a lot ..

714: how are you doin baby? btw, thanks for sharing ..

Not bad. Just exhausted. how but you hun?
                  ~Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin

Comment

Working...
                  X