X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Learn Arabic Grammar !

Originally posted by psyah View Post
    BarakAllahuFiki

As in question 2 earlier ... Nouns in Arabic take four values and they each indicate what function that noun is holding in the sentence.

Nouns will be in a given
    1) kind: rafa, nasb or jarr
    2) state: ma'rifa or nakira
    3) number: mufrad, muthanna, jam'a
    4) gender: mu'annis and muzakkar

For example I'm going to write two similar phrases below - if you can tell me what they translate to and why - have a go - and then we can analyse the difference.

المنديل نذيف

المنديل النذيف

If you can try to put all of the haraka, (tashkeel) on all the letters that will help also. Note: You may need to copy paste in Word to see the words better.
    Assalamualaikum

Here you are brother

Well i read my noted stuff..before doing it...
    What is the meaning of nazeef?i got the meaning of mindeel in my notes...mere khyal se nazeef meaning old?

Rest these four things i read in class and later on these things became complex..i left the class then
    but i can tell you

المنديل
    kind :rafa
    State: ma'rifa
    Number:wahid

نذيف
    State: nakira

النذيف
    State: marifa

Correct me if i am wrong?
    May Allah bless you and your family Ameen
    “The keys to the life of the heart lie in reflecting upon the Quran, being humble before Allah in secret, and leaving sins.” Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Comment

Originally posted by Tahurra View Post
      Assalamualaikum

Here you are brother

Well i read my noted stuff..before doing it...
      What is the meaning of nazeef?i got the meaning of mindeel in my notes...mere khyal se nazeef meaning old?

Rest these four things i read in class and later on these things became complex..i left the class then
      but i can tell you

المنديل
      State: ma'rifa

نذيف
      State: nakira

النذيف
      State: marifa

Correct me if i am wrong?
      May Allah bless you and your family Ameen
      MashaAllah ... that is good, you have put the tashkeel in the right places and you have broken down the sarf correctly, you remembered to include the tashdeed (shaddah) on the harf shamseeya too.

Nadzeef means clean by the way

But this is only part of the earlier request ... to complete the task ... Can you translate the whole expression in both cases? - so not a word by word breakdown, because the word by word breakdown will not give us anything for the nahuw - i.e. the relationship between the words and the meaning of the expression or sentence as a whole.
      Last edited by psyah; Apr 20, 2015, 02:16 AM.
      The Prophet(SAW) said:
      "I am leaving you two things and you will never go astray as long as you cling to them -- they are the Book of Allah and my Sunnah." [Reported by Al- Haakim - Sahih].

Comment

MashaAllah ... that is good, you have put the tashkeel in the right places and you have broken down the sarf correctly, you remembered to include the tashdeed (shaddah) on the harf shamseeya too.

Nadzeef means clean by the way

But this is only part of the earlier request ... to complete the task ... Can you translate the whole expression in both cases? - so not a word by word breakdown, because the word by word breakdown will not give us anything for the nahuw - i.e. the relationship between the words and the meaning of the expression or sentence as a whole.
        ok jazakumAllah khair brother...

but i guess its نظیف i was searching for this clean in Arabic found this..just make sure
        ok here i try...

المنديل نذيف

The handkerchief is clean

المنديل النذيف

The handkerchief is the clean

correct me!

and also sharing this paper...got it from class i was taking..

“The keys to the life of the heart lie in reflecting upon the Quran, being humble before Allah in secret, and leaving sins.” Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Comment

but i guess its نظیف i was searching for this clean in Arabic found this..just make sure
          ok here i try...

المنديل نذيف

المنديل النذيف

correct me!

Jazakillahu khair Sister Tahurra

Yes I made a mistake between dhal and dhaw ... it is نظیف that I meant.

The first translation is correct. "The hankerchief is clean", but the second translation is not correct. There is no "is" in that translation ... It should be translated as:

The clean hankerchief

As you can see the first one makes a sentence but the second one make a word phrase ... like the title of a book or a story. The clue that gives away whether it is Jumla Ismiyya or Shibu Jumla is by looking at the word construction. Of course the difference is ال in the second. It shows where all four attributes of the noun are the same and the words are together then it means they are na'at man'oot i.e. sifa mau'soof or the noun and it's corresponding adjective.
          The Prophet(SAW) said:
          "I am leaving you two things and you will never go astray as long as you cling to them -- they are the Book of Allah and my Sunnah." [Reported by Al- Haakim - Sahih].

Comment

ok here i try...

المنديل نذيف

المنديل النذيف

correct me!

It's نظيف
            The second is ' The clean handkerchief/tissue'
            Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post
              It's نظيف
              The second is ' The clean handkerchief/tissue'
              JazakAllah khair

Jazakillahu khair Sister Tahurra

Yes I made a mistake between dhal and dhaw ... it is نظیف that I meant.

The first translation is correct. "The hankerchief is clean", but the second translation is not correct. There is no "is" in that translation ... It should be translated as:

The clean hankerchief

As you can see the first one makes a sentence but the second one make a word phrase ... like the title of a book or a story. The clue that gives away whether it is Jumla Ismiyya or Shibu Jumla is by looking at the word construction. Of course the difference is ال in the second. It shows where all four attributes of the noun are the same and the words are together then it means they are na'at man'oot i.e. sifa mau'soof or the noun and it's corresponding adjective.
              You are talking about second one right? What is the meaning of na'at man'oot?

BarakAllahu feek & may Allah reward you beyond your imagination Ameen

The first one is jumlatul ismia?

Comment

Na'at = sifa
                man'out = mausoof

sifa can be understood from its jam'a ... Sifaat ... Like the Sifaat of Allah (SWT) ... It means Adjectives ... which means "description" ...

What is really amazing here is that Arabic is completely presenting modern logic theory in its grammatical structure.

In the first sentence ... The word clean is Nakira .... Which implies there are other clean things around and the handkerchief is one of them. In the second case the ma'rifa designation is on the word clean says to us that "there is a clean thing" and that it is a handkerchief. Hence it is called equivalence in the case of the adjective and predicatation in the case of the First sentence.

The word al-Mindeel in the first one is the Mubtada and the nazdeef is the Khabar.

In in the second case the word Al-Mindeel is not a mubtada as there is no jumla, however, it called the man'oot or mausoof

it means the term that corresponds with the adjective, but not the adjective itself. The adjective itself is called na'at or sifa
                The Prophet(SAW) said:

Comment

So the rule between the na'at and man'oot is ...

1) Two nouns will be together
                  2) They will both be in the same state
                  3) Same kind
                  4) Same number
                  5) Same gender

If any of these is not the same then they are not na'at man'oot.
                  The Prophet(SAW) said:

Comment

Na'at = sifa
                    man'out = mausoof

sifa can be understood from its jam'a ... Sifaat ... Like the Sifaat of Allah (SWT) ... It means Adjectives ... which means "description" ...

What is really amazing here is that Arabic is completely presenting modern logic theory in its grammatical structure.

In the first sentence ... The word clean is Nakira .... Which implies there are other clean things around and the handkerchief is one of them. In the second case the ma'rifa designation is on the word clean says to us that "there is a clean thing" and that it is a handkerchief. Hence it is called equivalence in the case of the adjective and predicatation in the case of the First sentence.

The word al-Mindeel in the first one is the Mubtada and the nazdeef is the Khabar.

In in the second case the word Al-Mindeel is not a mubtada as there is no jumla, however, it called the man'oot or mausoof

it means the term that corresponds with the adjective, but not the adjective itself. The adjective itself is called na'at or sifa
                    samjh agayi...but little bit confusing...so the na'at or sifa is an nazeef right?

i will post examples...app bateyga kay theek hay kay nahi..
                    jazakALLAH khair
                    So the rule between the na'at and man'oot is ...

1) Two nouns will be together
                    2) They will both be in the same state
                    3) Same kind
                    4) Same number
                    5) Same gender

If any of these is not the same then they are not na'at man'oot.
                    it is cleared now alhamdulilah

Comment

Alhumdulillah ...

So there are other shibhu jumlas in Arabic ... I.e. Word phrases that are not quite sentences.

For example:

mudaaf, mudaaf ilay... e.g. >>> ibn-ul-mudarrisi ...

Meaning ... Son of the teacher

In this case the mudaaf is the ism ... Ibn
                      and the mudaaf ilay is the ism ... Al-muddarisu

Perhaps you've noticed that by putting the ibn before the Al-mudarrisu it has altered the u into an i ... It has changed the marfu state of the word into a jarr state.
                      The Prophet(SAW) said:

Comment

Now ... Here is a task for anyone ...

You can write this down like sister Tahurra has done and sent in the photo of it, it is important that you get all of the 'iraab correct so typing will not be enough, I.e. Show the full Tashkeel.

using the below words create two examples of jumla ismiyya, two examples of na'at man'oot and two examples of mudaaf, mudaaf ilay.

baab, kursi, Zahid, kitaab, siyarah, jadeed, jadeedah, nazdeef, bait, kabeer, kabeera, naafidza, Saleema.

You can get a token star if you can form a valid combination of two or more of these learnt forms into one sentence correctly.
                        The Prophet(SAW) said:

Comment

baab, kursi, Zahid, kitaab, siyarah, jadeed, jadeedah, nazdeef, bait, kabeer, kabeera, naafidza, Saleema.
                          Can you please tell me what these words are and their meaning..i took nazdeef as nazeef

And i haven't done mudaaf and mydaaf aliy

It might be ibn ul zahidi (i am not sure) its just a guess

Here it is brother my effort

Correct me!!
                          JazakAllah khairan kaseera

Comment

nazdeef = clean
                            naafidzah = window

Sister Tahurra

MashaAllah ... good effort ...

Al-kitaabu-jadeedun - is correct and translation is correct

For the second one you missed the dhamma on the ta marbuta of the word siyaarah - but you remembered to match the gender of the car with the gender of the word big - well done. I think your wrote car ... but it looks like cat ... LOL ... and you remembered the haroof shamsiyya on the name siyaarah - also that is excellent.

Al-baytu-Nnazdeefu is correct and the translation too ... again you remembered the haroof shamsiyya of noon - good ...

Al-kursiy-ul-jadeedu is nearly correct ... But you wouldn't know because there is another rule that you may not have learnt yet ... it is to do with long and short vowel combinations. Basically the sound ee and oo after the ya is tricky so the Arabic language facilitates this sound by adding a tashdeed on the ya ...

Look at ayat-ul-kursi for the word kursi and you will see a shaddah on the ya.

Regarding the mudaaf, mudaaf ilay - your example of mudaaf, mudaaf ilay is correct ... this combination means or translates to possessed, possessor.

x of y ...

x is possessed by y

likewise ibn is possessed by Zahid

But you cannot use ibn here because it is not a member of the words I have given. Any two nouns can be placed together so long as it makes sense. You can't say the Zahid of Saleema for example. A rule for the mudaaf, mudaaf ilay is that the mudaaf (possessed) MUST be nakirah and hence it cannot take the AL before it.
                            The Prophet(SAW) said:

Comment

[MENTION=51683]psyah[/MENTION]

Assalamualaikum brother,

Well in kursi i was thinking of mushadad but JazakumAllah khair for explaining well..may Allah increase you in knowledge and amal..and may You have reward in both world Ameen

Well brother i wrote cat..strange if t seems like r :$ and funny is this i wrote stars first instead of cat...from sayyarah i translated stars then googled...

See if this is correct?

Ibn ul tabeebi
                              The son of doctor
                              I am again not sure..

Comment

@psyah

Assalamualaikum brother,

Well in kursi i was thinking of mushadad but JazakumAllah khair for explaining well..may Allah increase you in knowledge and amal..and may You have reward in both world Ameen

Well brother i wrote cat..strange if t seems like r :$ and funny is this i wrote stars first instead of cat...from sayyarah i translated stars then googled...

See if this is correct?

Ibn ul tabeebi
                                The son of doctor
                                I am again not sure..
                                Sister ...

cat = hirr(a) or qitta(h) in Arabic
                                car = siyaarah
                                star = najm in Arabic

Translation you wrote is son of the doctor ... It is correct, remember Tashdeed on tau.
                                Last edited by psyah; Apr 23, 2015, 12:47 AM.
                                The Prophet(SAW) said:

Comment

Working...
                                X