• Show
Clear All

Religious family fleeing US by sailboat goes adrift, winds up in Chile

Click image for larger version

Name:	chile.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	15016440

Hannah Gastonguay, 26, said Saturday that she and her husband "decided to take a leap of faith and see where God led us". What you think after reading this article? Is she/they trying to get some fame or misleaded by so called 'Shaitan'?

--------------------------------------------------------------

PHOENIX -- A northern Arizona family that was lost at sea for weeks in an ill-fated attempt to leave the U.S. over what they consider government interference in religion will fly back home Sunday.

Hannah Gastonguay, 26, said Saturday that she and her husband "decided to take a leap of faith and see where God led us" when they took their two small children and her father-in-law and set sail from San Diego for the tiny island nation of Kiribati in May.

But just weeks into their journey, the Gastonguays hit a series of storms that damaged their small boat, leaving them adrift for weeks, unable to make progress. They were eventually picked up by a Venezuelan fishing vessel, transferred to a Japanese cargo ship and taken to Chile where they are resting in a hotel in the port city of San Antonio.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Religious family fleeing US by sailboat goes adrift, winds up in Chile - U.S. News
    Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it

Re: Religious family fleeing US by sailboat goes adrift, winds up in Chile

Walaikum AsSalaam

I guess they wanted to end up in Kiribati. God led them to Chile. They didn't like the destination, and will? return. Maybe next time they'll be content with where circumstances lead them. Ironic...
    Last edited by teggy; Aug 24, 2013, 10:36 PM.
    Boycott Indian economy. Buy Pakistani!

Comment

I have a feeling they will try to get to Kiribati again ... or perhaps somewhere else if they feel the storm was sign from God.

But I can't see them staying put ...
      The Prophet(SAW) said:
      "I am leaving you two things and you will never go astray as long as you cling to them -- they are the Book of Allah and my Sunnah." [Reported by Al- Haakim - Sahih].

Comment

Originally posted by psyah View Post
        I have a feeling they will try to get to Kiribati again ... or perhaps somewhere else if they feel the storm was sign from God.

But I can't see them staying put ...
        Maybe they try flying next time...
        Boycott Indian economy. Buy Pakistani!

Comment

could be transporting drugs but changed their story when dung hit the fan.

If they wanted to leave US then there are way too many easier ways to do so.
          Tu bhi villain ban sakta tha, "BILLA" ban sakta tha.....

Comment

Working...
          X