Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fifty Fifty - One Way Ticket To The Blues HD | HQ Audio - Enhanced Video - YouTube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fifty Fifty - One Way Ticket To The Blues HD | HQ Audio - Enhanced Video - YouTube

Fifty Fifty - One Way Ticket To The Blues HD | HQ Audio - Enhanced Video

#fiftyfifty #IsmailTara #onewayticket #eruptiononewayticket #eruption #AnwarMaqsood #bashiraintrouble #pakistan #punjabi #urdu #touchmenotbashira #IsmailTara #Stage #Comedian #Actor #Drama

Ismail Tara is a Pakistani actor and comedian. He has worked in many stage plays, television and Lollywood films. He is five times Nigar Awards winner for best comedian in Haathi Mere Saathi (1993), Aakhri Mujra (1994), Munda Bigra Jaye (1995), Chief Sahib (1996) and Deewarein (1998). He is well known for his best work in Fifty Fifty aired on PTV in the 1980s.

Fifty Fifty is a popular Pakistan Television Corporation comedy series which was aired on the national television PTV from 1978 to 1984, based loosely on the American comedy show Saturday Night Live. The programme was a sketch comedy considered by many critics as one of the best television shows to be produced in Pakistan.

The content of the show includes satire and parody, with some slapstick comedy. It is widely considered to be a trendsetter in its genre, with its content being ethnically balanced and written to respect all Pakistani communities. Regulars on the show included TV actors Ismail Tara, Zeba Shehnaz and Majid Jehangir. Some golden-era songs of Naheed Akhtar and Ghulam Ali were also featured on the show. It was produced and directed by acclaimed Pakistani film and TV director Shoaib Mansoor and written by Anwar Maqsood.

Fifty Fifty and Alif Noon are the two prominent comedy series in Pakistan television in the 1980s. Their writers were regarded as being dedicated to creativity and patriotic values, and that is why they are still the most-in-demand comedy serials.

Anwar Maqsood Hameedi (Born 7 September 1935, popularly known as Anwar Maqsood is a Pakistani scriptwriter, television presenter, satirist, humorist, and infrequent actor. He was well known for his drama write-ups for PTV in the late 1970s and 1980s.

"One Way Ticket" is a song written by Jack Keller and Hank Hunter. It was originally performed by American singer Neil Sedaka and popularized by British disco band Eruption.

"One Way Ticket" was covered by British disco band Eruption for their second album, Leave a Light. The song became a big hit in Europe in the first half of 1979, topping charts in Austria and Switzerland, and reaching top 10 across Europe. "One Way Ticket" is now one of the band's trademark hits, along with their cover of "I Can't Stand the Rain".

The track was originally performed by Neil Sedaka and included as the B-side on Sedaka's 1959 single "Oh! Carol". In 1961, the song featured in the track listing of his third studio album, Neil Sedaka Sings Little Devil and His Other Hits, but was never released as a standalone single. Despite this, the song made it to number one on the Japanese pop charts, where it was affectionately called "The Choo-Choo Train Song".

The lyrics allude to several popular songs of the late 1950s, including "Lonesome Town", "Heartbreak Hotel", "Bye Bye Love", "A Fool Such as I", and "I Cried a Tear".

The fifty-fifty scene is so funny. Oh those English songs were so popular till the 90s. I had a cassette recorded of some of my favorite picks of the time.

Here is another fifty-fifty scene that I encountered few years ago:

Comment

My most favourite used to be some exchange of dialogues between zeba shehnaz & a woman. Cannot recall but it ends with the woman asking, "Ay behan tumhaaray kpry bohot saaf hn. Konsy sabun sy dhoti ho" & after a weird laugh, zeba shehnaz goes, "Mere saaray kpry mere shohr dhoty hn". Cannot find it on youtube.

& also, "Namayesh k liye koshishein jaari hn"
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh12L7d5T4Y

Is it not "one way ticket to the 'moon'"?
      Last edited by SleekDesign; Jan 27, 2022, 12:10 PM.

Comment

*Woof woof*

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MbT3lJ2oUOg

Comment

^^^That's how those 70s English songs became famous ! I didn't used to understand a word of that song, except Its Kung Fu Fighting.

Comment

^^ I don't know the 70s songs including this one 80s songs I heard on my older brother's collection. It does sound like 'moon', not blue. These 50/50 skits were also collected by my brother when he himself was (an older) kid. But i didn't care checking out the original song ever. I watched these as a kid & didnt realise that the music/song was not part of the skits. Now that I have seen as a grown up, I realise it's some English song. & even I didnt read the original post. Just Fifty/Fifty was enough to refresh memories. I have not seen all of it but do remember some funny ones from whichever I have seen

These are from a time when while watching a movie, I called the film's main character by his name to tell something to my father about a situation in the film. My father tried to explain that he is an actor & his real name was so & so. But I kept insisting no way his name could be something else when everyone else in the movie calling him that (the film character) name. It was much much later I realised how that whole thing works.
            Last edited by SleekDesign; Jan 27, 2022, 09:06 PM.

Comment

One of the most entertaining commedy show that was one of my favorite ...
              https://www.elixir.org.pk/

Comment

Originally posted by SleekDesign View Post
                ^^ I don't know the 70s songs including this one 80s songs I heard on my older brother's collection. It does sound like 'moon', not blue. These 50/50 skits were also collected by my brother when he himself was (an older) kid. But i didn't care checking out the original song ever. I watched these as a kid & didnt realise that the music/song was not part of the skits. Now that I have seen as a grown up, I realise it's some English song. & even I didnt read the original post. Just Fifty/Fifty was enough to refresh memories. I have not seen all of it but do remember some funny ones from whichever I have seen

These are from a time when while watching a movie, I called the film's main character by his name to tell something to my father about a situation in the film. My father tried to explain that he is an actor & his real name was so & so. But I kept insisting no way his name could be something else when everyone else in the movie calling him that (the film character) name. It was much much later I realised how that whole thing works.
                I heard many of those songs because of my elder brothers too. I later realized that some bands never became popular in the English-speaking countries, but they gave hit after hit in far East such as Singapore, Thailand, Korea, etc. I was hearing a podcast of a guitarist from that era and he described how there was this one shop in Tariq Road that was the pioneer of selling that sort of songs.

Comment

• SleekDesign
                  SleekDesign commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ok so it was a Pakistani guitarist podcast you were listening to. I know of only two. Amir Zaki & Salman Ahmed. I wouldn't know if they still play.

• decentGuy
                  decentGuy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SleekDesign His name is Shallum Xavier.

• SleekDesign
                  SleekDesign commented
                  Editing a comment
                  decentGuy ok.
              Working...
              X