Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-watch Old TV Shows?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Re-watch Old TV Shows?

    So, last year during Quarantine, I was bored out of my mind with nothing to do. And playing GT Sport on the PlayStation for hours on end, was becoming kind of repetitive. I tried to give COD a chance, but didn't like it. The whole code-red/flamin' hot cheetos vibe, it was too intense for me. Also, I suck at MMFPS games. I was never any good at C.S 1.3 either, back in the day.

    Anyways, thak haar kar I decided that maybe I should re-watch old TV shows from when I was growing up, instead.

    Started-off with the O.C. (does anyone remember that show? It used to be huge in the early 00's!). It was high on cringe, but even higher on nostalgia. Overall, I really enjoyed watching it. But after binging seasons 1 through 3, I decided I wanted to watch something Desi for a change.

    I found this absolute gem of a show from my early teenage years called Alpha Bravo Charlie. Surprisingly enough, some channel on YouTube had all of the episodes uploaded, and in good quality as well. Unfortunately, the wife wasn't too pleased, as she can't understand a word of Urdu. So, naturally, I had to go back to watching Western shows, if my marriage were to survive quarantine.

    Overall, the experience has been fantastic. I'm currently re-watching the X-Files. I had never watched the first 7 seasons in chronological order. Watching the show now, it gives us so much more perspective on Agent Mulder's character and the whole story behind his sisters disappearance.

    Once, I'm done with the X-Files, I'm going to start re-watching the Sopranos. I'm excited for this one, as it was one of the coolest shows of my generation, and I would rate it a cut above Breaking Bad. *Tony woulda whacked this Walter White fella the first chance got, fuggedaboutit... [Paulie Walnuts Impersonation Intensifies]

    Do you guys ever get bored of the current crop of barely average, PC shows on streaming sites these days and just feel like re-watching old stuff instead? I can't remember the last time I went on to Netflix and found a show that I would actually wanna watch, with the exception of maybe a handful.
    "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

    #2
    X-files available on YouTube?

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Pakistani Prince View Post
      X-files available on YouTube?
      Most probably not. I watch it on Amazon Prime though. It's not available on Netflix either, at least for us here in the Middle East.
      "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

      Comment


        #4
        I love watching old dramas. One of most favorite drama to watch is "Dhoop Kinaray". Yet to find a single person who doesnt like that drama.

        Comment


          #5
          I don't like rewatching shows.
          Be someone that makes YOU happy

          Comment


            #6
            For me, at times when I am very stressed, I like to re-watch episodes of Star Trek DS9. Now I know that show is probably not their cup of tea for 99% of the people out there but to me it feels like a warm comfy hug for two reasons.

            1)- I used to love staring at the night sky as a kid and day dream about traveling out there, exploring different planets, galaxies as well exploring scientific phenomena that we are not even aware of. The Show takes place on a space station at a corner of space several weeks away from Earth and has a wormhole nearby that can allow one to travel 70 light yrs away into another quadrant of space. So it is right up my alley.

            2)- The main protagonist is a POC, which is kind of rare in these futuristic space shows.

            It takes me back to the wonder and curiosity of childhood and thus helps me de-stress!

            Alpha Bravo Charlie is a classic! And X-files is amazing but there are a few stories/episodes on that show that disgusted me. Overall, a great show though!
            Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

            Comment


            • Pakistani Prince
              Pakistani Prince commented
              Editing a comment
              Given your interest in space and science you should have studied physics and engineering, yet you are studying medical lmao ghr ghr ki kahanii

            #7
            Originally posted by aqua70 View Post
            For me, at times when I am very stressed, I like to re-watch episodes of Star Trek DS9. Now I know that show is probably not their cup of tea for 99% of the people out there but to me it feels like a warm comfy hug for two reasons.

            1)- I used to love staring at the night sky as a kid and day dream about traveling out there, exploring different planets, galaxies as well exploring scientific phenomena that we are not even aware of. The Show takes place on a space station at a corner of space several weeks away from Earth and has a wormhole nearby that can allow one to travel 70 light yrs away into another quadrant of space. So it is right up my alley.

            2)- The main protagonist is a POC, which is kind of rare in these futuristic space shows.

            It takes me back to the wonder and curiosity of childhood and thus helps me de-stress!

            Alpha Bravo Charlie is a classic!
            Honestly speaking, I've only ever seen the Chris Pine movies. My dad used to watch the Leonard Nimoy originals back during his heydays, he still does the Spock 4 finger V sign (Vulcan salute?) sometimes.

            Apart from that, I'm a sucker for everything space related.

            Originally posted by aqua70 View Post
            And X-files is amazing but there are a few stories/episodes on that show that disgusted me. Overall, a great show though!
            Mind sharing which episodes in particular?
            "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

            Comment


              #8
              Originally posted by LP View Post
              I don't like rewatching shows.
              Not even ones from your childhood? Or when you were growing up?
              "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

              Comment


                #9
                Originally posted by humming bird View Post
                I love watching old dramas. One of most favorite drama to watch is "Dhoop Kinaray". Yet to find a single person who doesnt like that drama.
                I've heard of it, but have not seen it. What is it about? Is it an 80's/90's era soap opera?
                "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

                Comment


                  #10
                  Originally posted by a7mado View Post

                  Not even ones from your childhood? Or when you were growing up?
                  Nopes
                  Be someone that makes YOU happy

                  Comment


                    #11
                    Originally posted by a7mado View Post

                    Honestly speaking, I've only ever seen the Chris Pine movies. My dad used to watch the Leonard Nimoy originals back during his heydays, he still does the Spock 4 finger V sign (Vulcan salute?) sometimes.

                    Apart from that, I'm a sucker for everything space related.

                    Honestly I have not watched any of the new start trek movies with Chris Pine. They don't really intrigue me, they just do not have the charm of old shows. The original star trek is nice too but I like how on DS9 the uniforms of the officers are ... well uniform. Lol meaning that men and women both have the same uniform whereas the original one was a tad bit misogynist, it was the 60s after all so I will give it a pass.

                    Originally posted by a7mado View Post
                    Mind sharing which episodes in particular?
                    I don't quite remember which season the episode was on and I don't want to spoil it for you but basically in pg terms, it was regarding this isolated family that uh interbred. It was highly disturbing and I wish I did not watch it.
                    Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

                    Comment


                      #12
                      Originally posted by LP View Post

                      Nopes
                      Okay

                      Originally posted by aqua70 View Post
                      Honestly I have not watched any of the new start trek movies with Chris Pine. They don't really intrigue me, they just do not have the charm of old shows. The original star trek is nice too but I like how on DS9 the uniforms of the officers are ... well uniform. Lol meaning that men and women both have the same uniform whereas the original one was a tad bit misogynist, it was the 60s after all so I will give it a pass.
                      Pretty much any show pre-2010's had tons of sexism, lol. Look at Friends, for example. Monica, Rachel and Phoebe were always portrayed as fight-y, neurotic and fairly unstable. Whereas Ross, Chandler & Joey were always portrayed as goal oriented, even in their pursuit of women.
                      "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

                      Comment


                        #13
                        Originally posted by a7mado View Post

                        Not even ones from your childhood? Or when you were growing up?
                        Nah man, too nostalgic.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X