Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basant

[thumb=E]basant14786_7192645.JPG[/thumb]
    Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE.” ~Aristotle

JazakAllah for sharing Anwaar...

But shameless consciences are many and hard grounded to overcome...Many will read it and fly a kite...You see, the problem with our succesful ancestors and us is very simple...They understood the value of an advice even if they didn't pay heed, they respected an advice...And true guidance is the most non-selfish thing anyone can give and receive...Today we still know how to give, but not how to receive...

This piece you posted will be read by people with eyes but cannot see...
    Focus not on who you are but what you do...
    ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Lajjo Guidance is not in my hand... I am sharing something which i feel every muslim guppie here has a right to know and is my duty to tell so that i won't be held accountable.. Rest is between ALLAH and His creations, and He guides only those who want to get guidance.
      Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE.” ~Aristotle

Comment

How do we tell a nation about this Hindu event when its governemnt and the whole state machinery is bent upon spreading evil in the society.

Basant was something bad, worse is Valentines day. Does it conform to our values and religion? If its not spoiling our generation, then what is it? This is a picture from the owners of Pakistan's largest newspaper Jang Group.

[thumb=E]ad17338_5759944.JPG[/thumb]

http://www.geo.tv/watch_today/valent...004/index.html

May Allah protect our nation and put it on the path in which it was suppose to teach the world how to lead a life!

I know many on this forum (the secular brigade) are going to jump in and call me a narrow minded fanatic. They are going to say what is wrong with entertainmet and a bit of fun. ......and...and.....and......
        Every rational person knows what is right and what is wrong (according to the Quranic critera). Just makes me sad and worried.

What direction is Pakistan taking in the name of "enlightened moderation"!!!

Comment

most agrarian cultures have traditions of harvest festivals and spring celebrations. how is basant a hindu event? doesnt basant just mean spring?
          Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Originally posted by queer:
            most agrarian cultures have traditions of harvest festivals and spring celebrations. how is basant a hindu event? doesnt basant just mean spring?
            The term basant means spring, but the rituals associated with it have absolutely no place in Islam...
            Focus not on who you are but what you do...
            ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

could someone tell me what rituals are involved in celebrating basant?
              Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Originally posted by queer:
                could someone tell me what rituals are involved in celebrating basant?
                Men and women together on roof tops, celebrating the whole day and night. Millions spent on kites and its thread, many die falling off from the roof, loud music all over the city allowing no one to be in peace.............using metal wires to fly kites causing the whole electricity system to shut down!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Islamabad:
                  How do we tell a nation about this Hindu event
                  Since when Basant has become a Hindu festival. Basant is actually a rural spring festival of Punjab but Lahoris celebrate it with a greater passion and vigour.

Comment

queer bhaijaan, did you get to read what AQ bhai has posted? If you need translation, please let me know.
                    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                    - Robert McCloskey

Comment

ahmadjee, a translation would be really appreciated, thanks.

islamabad, that didnt sound very ritualistic to me - just festive.
                      Simple ain't easy.

Comment

The image claims that a Sikh Historian Dr. B. S. Richard writes in his book “Punjab under the [a word I can’t make out] Mogal” that a Hindu person living in Sialkot, who was Kathri by caste and named ‘Haqiqat Bagh Mil Puri’ committed blasphemy against the Holy Prophet (saw) and Hazrat Fatima. The Gov. of Punjab at the time named Zikria Khan who was Gov from 1707 to 1759 arrested him and sent him to Lahore for due process. He was sentenced to death! The Hindus were dumbfounded with the decision and pleaded the governor for a pardon but Gov. didn’t budge and the Hindu was hanged. At which the Hindus mourned like there is no tomorrow, and in his honor they built a monument famous as "Badi Kari". And at this spot a rich Hindu man called Kalu-Ram started a festival on the day of his death, and every year the festival is celebrated in spring. Then there is a reference to the page # 279 of the above mentioned book.

Then the image (more so a pamphlet) goes on to say that the Basant is actually that festival which is celebrated all around the sub-continent and it has nothing to do with spring.
                        I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                        - Robert McCloskey

Comment

LOL!

that is just hilarious, ahmadjee!

i was all fooled by the name basant that it'd be just another spring-fest, like the ones in the rest of the subcontinent.
                          Simple ain't easy.

Comment

I am sure when most Lahoris go out and fly those patangs, the last thing that would be on their mind is that Hindu guy who died some thousand years back. You guys are so twisted that you think a small hobby like kite flying is a threat to Islam. Beating up females and comparing them to dogs is another one of your hobbies which make you feel like a bigger muslim, especially by throwing that in peoples faces. Kuch aqal istemaal kar liya karo kabhi. Even though I am not a supporter of Basant, thats not because I fear our brethren of Lahore would convert to Hinduism, but because I think too much money is wasted on it.

Comment

JAzakallah anwaar.........i was thinking of starting a thread in religion forum...........

BAsant in pak. is not only a spring festival it is more then that.....it is a way of remmebering a gustakh e rasul...........1year or a billion year no muslim would want to follow the rituals attributed to gustakh e rasul.......leave aside rituals........no muslim would name his son after the gustakh e rasul.......u dont see any maslima kazzab now....aur nay aswad ansi..........u dont ewven see any one named yazeed now.....

Basant is a threat to our islamic values.......

Ot is slowly changing the culture the family valus of lahoris.........that all started afetr the VCR era......so it is a step by step process of shiatan.......pehlay chotay gunnah phir us say bara gunah and so on till kuffar .....

may ALLAH save us from all fitnahs....
                              لا عيش إلا عيش الآخرة
                              BROTHERS NOT SLAVES. Regain Respect

Comment

Working...
                              X