Pakistani TV Channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistani TV Channels

Many Tv channels have sprung up in Pakistan. The question is..In your opinion......How many of these channels are contributing towards reforming the Pakistani society - educating the 70% illiterate population, giving knowledge, encouraging good and discouraging evil (karo-kari, domestic violence, .....etc.) and imparting real Islamic knowledge?

ARY Digital
    [thumb=E]ary_digital17338_7002538.JPG[/thumb]

City Channel-Karachi
    [thumb=E]city_channel17338_9313156.JPG[/thumb]

GEO Tv
    [thumb=E]geo_pk17338_2250350.JPG[/thumb]

Indus Music
    [thumb=E]indus_music17338_4752324.JPG[/thumb]

Indus News
    [thumb=E]indus_news17338_4772946.JPG[/thumb]

Indus Plus
    [thumb=E]indus_plus17338_6136744.JPG[/thumb]

Indus Vision
    [thumb=E]indus_vision17338_2554669.JPG[/thumb]

KTN -Sindhi
    [thumb=E]ktn_pk17338_8135640.JPG[/thumb]

PTV 1
    [thumb=E]pakistantv17338_3936844.JPG[/thumb]

Prime TV
    [thumb=E]prime_tv_pk17338_5745431.JPG[/thumb]

PTV 4
    [thumb=E]ptv417338_4901810.JPG[/thumb]

PTV National
    [thumb=E]ptv_national17338_5902455.JPG[/thumb]

PTV World
    [thumb=E]ptvworld17338_2598120.JPG[/thumb]

Comment

UNI Plus
      [thumb=E]uni_plus17338_5423059.JPG[/thumb]

and

Vectone Urdu

and

[thumb=E]ary_digital17338_4560354.JPG[/thumb]

ARY Digital's QTV (Quran TV)

ARY Digital India

ARY One World (News Channel)

PTV Channel 3
      [thumb=E]ch317338_4164968.JPG[/thumb]

Comment

actually not folowing tv from some time now.......rather i dont watch tv...

but have serious problems with geo...for its attitude in alim on line and now basant and valintine day......no good
        لا عيش إلا عيش الآخرة
        BROTHERS NOT SLAVES. Regain Respect

Comment

Originally posted by bao bihari:
          actually not folowing tv from some time now.......rather i dont watch tv...

but have serious problems with geo...for its attitude in alim on line and now basant and valintine day......no good
          GEO TV have also started broadcasting Bollywood movies. They showed two movies when Vajpayee was in Pakistan.

Comment

i agree, i used to like geo but nowadays
            ~*~Pakistan hamari jaan, sabse pehley Pakistan~*~

Comment

who said it was the job of television to educate society and to spread Islam? TV's job is to entertain and to keep you watching so they can increase advertising revenue, don't kid yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by TUMS:
                who said it was the job of television to educate society and to spread Islam? TV's job is to entertain and to keep you watching so they can increase advertising revenue, don't kid yourself.
                Come out of Pakistan, and you will find out that there are many channels out there (in non-Muslim countries) that just educate, even use entertainment to educate.

Do you want me to name a few:

* PBS

* PTV 2 (originally ETV Educational Television Television, help by Japan)

* Many Tv channels across US, solely for education (e.g. KET.com)

----------------------------------------------

Pakistani channels have hardly anything left for children (or new generation), let alone for the society in general.

Comment

Hey...wasn't there a channel called STN back in the 90's? I wonder what happened to it.
                  "If I'm not back in five minutes, keep waiting." - Freakazoid

Comment

Originally posted by Bandoostaa:
                    Hey...wasn't there a channel called STN back in the 90's? I wonder what happened to it.
                    Channel 3 comes on it.

Comment

Re: Pakistani TV Channels

Do Pak channels have ratings.

Comment

Dont know the current quality of Uni Plus, Vecont or KTN, (uni and vectone used to suck big time before), But all other are doing at least a fine job in our TV industry. At least now many ppl watch Paksitani Channels rather than jsut surfing and stiking to supid Zee and Star channels.

Comment

Originally posted by coOoLBreeze:
                          Dont know the current quality of Uni Plus, Vecont or KTN, (uni and vectone used to suck big time before), But all other are doing at least a fine job in our TV industry. At least now many ppl watch Paksitani Channels rather than jsut surfing and stiking to supid Zee and Star channels.
                          I agree that Pakistani channels are watched more, maybe the ban on Indian channels played a part. On the whole, the new Pakistani channels have very good quality such as ARY.

Comment

Islamabad uncle, thanks for the logos! I needed them! Btw, Geo has also started in the US, I have been watching it ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Spock:
                              Islamabad uncle, thanks for the logos! I needed them! Btw, Geo has also started in the US, I have been watching it ever since.
                              Thanks Spock Uncle I got these logos from a website. It has logos of channels all over the world.xIf you want I can give you the link.

Its good to hear GEO is in USA.

Comment

Working...
                              X