Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pakistan Squads for Bangladesh announced...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan Squads for Bangladesh announced...

Wahab is dropped. I guess due to match fixing allegations. Guilty or not, PCB should settle the issue of Wahab ASAP. He was a good bowler in making. Mohammad Talha has replaced him (has anyone seen him playing? any clips?)

Also people are talking about omission of Sadaf Hussain. He has been regarded as top performing fast bowler in domestic circuit (his 133 wickets in 24 games second that). Any info on him?
    I also dont agree with the inclusion of Shoaib Malik at the cost of Umer Akmal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mohammad Talha included for Bangladesh Tests

Fast bowler Mohammad Talha was the one notable inclusion in Pakistan's squads for the upcoming full tour of Bangladesh. Talha replaced Wahab Riaz in the Test squad that beat Sri Lanka 1-0, while the limited-overs side remained unchanged. Pakistan depart from Abu Dhabi for Dhaka on November 26, and the tour will kick off with a T20I on November 29, followed by three ODIs and two Tests.
    Talha, 23, is one of the fastest bowlers on the domestic circuit. He has played only once for Pakistan - the fateful Lahore Test of 2009 that was disrupted after the terror attack on the Sri Lankan team's bus.

Misbah-ul-Haq will continue to lead the side in all three formats while middle order will depend on Younis Khan, supported by youngsters Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq. Umar Akmal continues to be sidelined from the Test side, since he is yet to prove his temperament in the longest format. Shoaib Mallik, who has been unimpressive since his comeback to the side was preferred over Akmal, probably for his all-round abilities. The selectors also retained Sohail Tanvir in the limited-overs side despite his ordinary form.

ODI and T20I squad: Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), Mohammad Hafeez, Imran Farhat, Shahid Afridi, Younis Khan, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed (wk), Saeed Ajmal, Abdul Rehman, Umar Gul, Aizaz Cheema, Junaid Khan, Sohail Tanvir, Abdul Razzaq, Asad Shafiq
    Reserves: Awais Zia, Raza Hasan, Yasir Shah

Test squad: Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), Mohammad Hafeez, Taufeeq Umar, Imran Farhat, Younis Khan, Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Shoaib Malik, Adnan Akmal (wk), Saeed Ajmal, Abdul Rehman, Umar Gul, Mohammad Talha, Aizaz Cheema, Junaid Khan
    Reserves: Mohammad Khalil, Ayub Dogar, Raza Hasan
    Goyan keshk aqbat taskeen ast...Awal shor ast aqbat namkeen ast
    Har chanz aasiyat sang zeerey...Ee surat-e-beqrar barbin ast

Re: Pakistan Squads for Bangladesh announced...

Wahab should have been included.
    Grizzly bear

Comment

Its going to be clean sleep in ODI's Test and T20 Insha Allah

Comment

Shoaib Malik ki bohat bari parchi hai bhai loag. Why else he came back after the same cloud of match allegations and large amounts of money transfer in his account yet Wahab Riaz gets continued to be excluded. Umar Akaml definitely over Shoaib Malik any given day, test, ODI or T20. Shoaib Malik is just there cuz of people he knows.

I would have liked to see Rameez Raja Jr given more chances in ODI/T20s. As long as Mohammad Ilyas is there, no chance of Ahmed Shahzad in ODI/T20. Fawad Alam has been in the runs in the domestic circuit, average of 86. Get rid of Shoaib Malik please. I know you will think I am crazy but if they are gonna bring back Shoaib Malik why not Naved-ul-Hasan? At least he has been performing both with bat/ball as the all rounder.

Comment

Actually looks like Mohammad Talha is not even in the top 10 wicket takers in the domestic matches this season. See this link below.
          Read about Quaid-e-Azam Trophy Division One, 2011/12, / , Records, / , Most wickets Cricket Team Records only on ESPNcricinfo.com. Check the Stats & Records of Quaid-e-Azam Trophy Division One, 2011/12, / , Records, / , Most wickets Players in ✓ Wicket keeper ✓ Batting ✓ Bowling

Comment

Malik is a better player than he looks at the moment, and definately better than Farhat. He should open with Hafeez in ODI and T20. But yes, Malik should not be in the test team.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiaX View Post
              Malik is a better player than he looks at the moment, and definately better than Farhat. He should open with Hafeez in ODI and T20. But yes, Malik should not be in the test team.
              Malik is scared to open, as we saw under Younus Khan that he refused to open. And with 2 new balls now, Malik cannot survive as opener. Imran Farhat used to be awful, but looking at the approach to his batting in this SL series, he has definitely matured and he is prone to get out caught in the slips like before.

Comment

Originally posted by HomiD View Post
                Shoaib Malik ki bohat bari parchi hai bhai loag. Why else he came back after the same cloud of match allegations and large amounts of money transfer in his account yet Wahab Riaz gets continued to be excluded. Umar Akaml definitely over Shoaib Malik any given day, test, ODI or T20. Shoaib Malik is just there cuz of people he knows.

I would have liked to see Rameez Raja Jr given more chances in ODI/T20s. As long as Mohammad Ilyas is there, no chance of Ahmed Shahzad in ODI/T20. Fawad Alam has been in the runs in the domestic circuit, average of 86. Get rid of Shoaib Malik please. I know you will think I am crazy but if they are gonna bring back Shoaib Malik why not Naved-ul-Hasan? At least he has been performing both with bat/ball as the all rounder.

Agreed he has got a huge parchi too just like the Legend Imran Farhat

Comment

This was the series to get Umar Akmal some much needed test experience and rest should have been given to the likes of Younis or even Misbah. I mean THESE are the series to groom and nurture new or inexperienced players.

Talha's call up is good though. We need some serious pace bowler and good to give him exposure right now.

If malik wants to play continuously, he has to open!

p.s. I just noticed, sasur ji is interim chief selector! wah ji wah..
                  The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Comment

Working...
                  X