X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan announces Test Squad for England Tour

PCB announces Pakistan Test Squad for England Tour
    Pakistan Cricket Board - 28 April 2001

The Chairman Selection Committee Pakistan Cricket Board announced the final squad consisting of 17 players for the Test Series in England next month.

1. Saeed Anwar
    2. Mohammad Wasim
    3. Faisal Iqbal
    4. Inzamam-ul-Haq
    5. Yousuf Youhana
    6. Younis Khan
    7. Rashid Latif (Wicket-keeper)
    8. Waqar Younis (Captain)
    9. Wasim Akram
    10. Shoaib Akhtar
    11. Abdur Razzaq
    12. Mohammad Sami
    13. Saqlain Mushtaq
    14. Mushtaq Ahmed
    15. Azhar Mahmood
    16. Saleem Elahi
    17. Imran Farhat

Mr Yawar Saeed (Manager)
    Mr Mohammad Ahmad (Asst Manager)
    Mr Daryl Foster (Bowling Coach/Consultant)
    Mr Dale Naylor (Physio/Trainer)

I guess this squad is oK! but Afridi is not there.Wasim Akram using his sources finally gets in the squad and Moin Khan gets out!

Shoaib Malik should have been placed in place of Imran Farhat. He can bat better than him and bowl also!

Comment

Shoaib Malik should have gone instead of Mushtaq Ahmed. Afridi will unfortunately probably join the squad for one dayers.

Comment

Shoaib Malik's action has been questioned and that might have been taken into consideration. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/hi/engli...00/1289429.stm

I'm happy Wasim is in the squad. He is still our best player despite the criticisms. I hope he and Waqar can put aside their differences for the sake of our team.

Pakistan Zindabad!

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire:

The Chairman Selection Committee Pakistan Cricket Board announced the final squad consisting of 17 players for the Test Series in England next month.

1. Saeed Anwar
          2. Mohammad Wasim
          3. Faisal Iqbal
          4. Inzamam-ul-Haq
          5. Yousuf Youhana
          6. Younis Khan
          9. Wasim Akram
          10. Shoaib Akhtar
          11. Abdur Razzaq
          12. Mohammad Sami
          13. Saqlain Mushtaq
          14. Mushtaq Ahmed
          15. Azhar Mahmood
          16. Saleem Elahi
          17. Imran Farhat

Mr Yawar Saeed (Manager)

I guess this squad is oK! but Afridi is not there.Wasim Akram using his sources finally gets in the squad and Moin Khan gets out!
          The team is short of batsmen. Yunis Khan is a constant failure. Mohammad Wasim is a nervous wreck. Saleem Illahi is vulnerable to swing.Azhar Mahmud is a constant flop.
          Mushtaq Mohammad is a spent force.
          The worst decision is to include Wasim Akram. No doubt he is a great bowler, but how many times have we seen that whenever Wasim is in the team, we have lost matches because he is an intriguer and creates split in the team.
          Anyway I wish Waqar good luck because Wasim will be there to fail him.

Comment

muwahahaha wasim is in the team.just wait and watch how he singlehandedly carries the paki bowling attack.GO WASIM.

------------------
            I DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY

Comment

Shoaib Malik's action is questioned n i think if the euro people are given the right they will be ready to question the action of all Paki pacers n spinners.Any young guy if flourishes they object him.If look with the same eye then their bowlers are also not so pious.
              Wasim is the team.terrible.But if he coordinate with Waqar then the bowling attack is nothing to bother of.But i think its difficult for the father to play under his son's team.
              Batting is quite oK but sometimes they all fail.so pray for them.

Comment

no doubt abt wasim's abilities
                but with him in team UNDER captanicy of someone he doesn't like, means he's gonna do everything in his power (i.e. his schemes, tricks, machinations etc. that he has been employing for so long now) to make pakistan lose and make waqar look like an incapable captain, just like he has done with all the other captains in the past. simply put, the man is a creep.
                I'm cold seed, I'm your sweetest leaf
                I'll ease your mind, I'll set you free

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire:

1. Saeed Anwar
                  2. Mohammad Wasim
                  3. Faisal Iqbal
                  4. Inzamam-ul-Haq
                  5. Yousuf Youhana
                  6. Younis Khan
                  9. Wasim Akram
                  10. Shoaib Akhtar
                  11. Abdur Razzaq
                  12. Mohammad Sami
                  13. Saqlain Mushtaq
                  14. Mushtaq Ahmed
                  15. Azhar Mahmood
                  16. Saleem Elahi
                  17. Imran Farhat

Mr Yawar Saeed (Manager)

Yes saleem Ilahi cant play om swinging pitches.. I think Ijaz should had been picked.. he has been Paksitan most successful batsman in England... It not fair to drop him after few innings...did saleen and some others performed bettertahn him in NZ too ??
                  Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

Wasim is in the team but he is going as the 17th player according to newspaper reports, which means he may not actually be playing as we are only playing two tests.
                    All Waqar has to do is to keep him out of 11 man squad for both tests. Not difficult when Wasim's status is of the '17th player'.

Comment

Wasim is really a threat to Pakistan but may be this time he has tuned his plan of losin Pakistan as he has earned a lot from Pakistan Cricket Board and this time he may have decided to play for Pakistan.
                      The Chairman of PCB has announced that it will be his last tour.Oh Wasim bechaara Walsh se aage na nikal saka!
                      M.Wasim is a boring batsman but that's good Wajahatullah Wasti is not selected.
                      But Imran Nazir,Afridi and FazleAkbar are dropped.

Comment

Working...
                      X