Pakistan drop Moin Khan for England tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan drop Moin Khan for England tour

Former Pakistan cricket captain Moin Khan has been dropped from the provisional 20-man squad announced on Tuesday for next month's tour of England.

``(Moin Khan) has been dropped because he has not been consistent behind the wickets in the recent past,'' chairman of selectors Wasim Bari told Reuters.

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) director Munawwar Rana said the party of 16 players would be finalised within the next 48 hours.

``The announcement has been delayed because the fitness report on some of the players is still awaited,'' Rana said.

The omission of wicketkeeper Moin, who skippered Pakistan on their recent tour of New Zealand, was the major surprise. Rashid Latif, another former captain, took his place.

The 29-year-old Moin was replaced as captain earlier this month by Waqar Younis, with the PCB saying he had been advised to take a six-week rest because of a knee injury.

Moin, who holds the world record for the highest number of dismissals in one-day cricket (256), was passed fit earlier this month.

Latif, 32, who last played for Pakistan in Zimbabwe in 1997-98, was the first player to accuse his team-mates of deliberately throwing matches on the 1994-95 tour of South Africa.

Controversial paceman Shoaib Akhtar was named in the squad after the PCB received an ``encouraging'' report from the University of Western Australia, where he went for remedial work on his bowling action.

Akhtar was reported for a suspect bowling action in the fifth and final one-day international against New Zealand in February. He had earlier been reported for the same problem on the 1999-2000 tour of Australia.

Pakistan are due to fly to England on May 2 for two tests against their hosts and a tri-nation one-day series also involving Australia.

Provisional squad:

Saeed Anwar, Imran Farhat, Mohammad Wasim, Imran Nazir, Shahid Afridi, Faisal Iqbal, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Yousuf Youhana, Younis Khan, Salim Elahi, Abdur Razzaq, Azhar Mahmood, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Sami, Fazle Akbar, Saqlain Mushtaq, Mushtaq Ahmad and Rashid Latif.

Good!
    Now we can get Rashid Latif back.

------------------
    Thank you, come again

Comment

well where did Humayun farhat go????

he is not in the 20 probables as well, thats wierd!!!!

------------------
      ~ mera Junoon, meri DIL KI BAAT hai!!!!

Comment

rashid latif is a better wicketkeeper and Moin is better batsmen but lately Moin was inconsistent in both the areas and at the same time rashid latif played great domestic cricket which includes batting and keeping..

Wohoo Rashid is back!!!!its a treat to see him diving

------------------
        Yarooo mein bara pareshan ek larki jawaaan
        Hai woh barii shaitaan mujhay kar gayi hairaan
        Kaisay karoun inkaar wo jo karaing Izhaar

Comment

Originally posted by junoonie:
          well where did Humayun farhat go????

he is not in the 20 probables as well, thats wierd!!!!

yaar farhats performance was not quite upto mark , he missed so many stumps..

------------------
          Yarooo mein bara pareshan ek larki jawaaan
          Hai woh barii shaitaan mujhay kar gayi hairaan
          Kaisay karoun inkaar wo jo karaing Izhaar

Comment

cant believe R.Latif's coming back !!! good to have him back in the team !!!

Comment

rashid is dead and finished.you people just dont understand that.take my word,his performance will be so below quality on the tour that the selectors would be forced to bring back moin for the tour after england.rashid is dumb with the bat and his keeping qualities will be no good either(out of match practice obviously).
              personally the only guy i would like to kill on this planet is rashid latif.he would be cursed because of the lies he made against players and he will pay for it.my prediction:HE WILL BE THE CAUSE OF DEFEAT(IF WE ARE DEFEATED) AND HE WILL BE KICKED OUT.read my signature if u wanna kill me.

------------------
              I DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY

Comment

Rashid is out of match practice
                then who is having that?

what did he do to you truepaki?
                I'm cold seed, I'm your sweetest leaf
                I'll ease your mind, I'll set you free

Comment

Originally posted by true paki:
                  rashid is dead and finished.you people just dont understand that.take my word,his performance will be so below quality on the tour that the selectors would be forced to bring back moin for the tour after england.rashid is dumb with the bat and his keeping qualities will be no good either(out of match practice obviously).
                  personally the only guy i would like to kill on this planet is rashid latif.he would be cursed because of the lies he made against players and he will pay for it.my prediction:HE WILL BE THE CAUSE OF DEFEAT(IF WE ARE DEFEATED) AND HE WILL BE KICKED OUT.read my signature if u wanna kill me.

Hey man whatever ur someking seems to be workin, btw what is it that u are smokin nowdays.

[This message has been edited by byousaf (edited April 24, 2001).]

Comment

R.Latif is n excell. w.keeper, which pak. desperately needed. Moin has never been close to Rashid as a keeper. As far as R's perform. conc. he will deliver, lastly he was given captaincy which really affected his performance but I m sure he will do good for the team also i m sure he had learnt alot about attitude

Comment

I for one am glad at Rashid Latif's return.
                      Both Moin and Rashid are great players but obviously only one of them can be in the team. And I think it was time Rashid got another chance.

The inclusion of Wasim Akram may cause some problems, because of Waqar being Captain. I hope we don't have to go through that again!
                      And if that means not including Wasim, great as he is, so be it!

[This message has been edited by Ahmed (edited April 25, 2001).]

Comment

Humayun Farhat should be included as a mid-order batsman. He is a good aggressive batsman for ODIs.He played Murali beautifully beating him for a six n can be well against English spinners as well as Shane Warne.

Comment

i think they should include humun farhat , heis young and with some experinece he is bright future for pakisatn also they shuold not do these kind of stupid things like once they made the captin then they take them out of the team,

Comment

we should take two wicketkeepers incase one gets injured and therefore Humayun will be a good understudy to rashid Latif

Comment

im not smoking anything.im just laughing at ur ignorant minds and u will realize that when rashid will make pak lose.who wants to make an online bet that rashid will fail?ill put all my money on it.

------------------
                              I DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY

Comment

Working...
                              X