sharjah fina was fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sharjah fina was fixed

well guys these are my own ideas but guys i have a feeling the final was fixed
    1 pakistanis dropped too many catches and apart from the one droped by yasser arafat ( he must be given a benifit of the doubt he is so young)
    rest of the catches were dropped by likes of inzamam waqar and saqlain
    2 saqlain was never bowling seriouly he was never interested in taking wicket the wickets he got was the batsmen threw away thier wickets imagine saqlain bowling 2 wides in the fianl over
    3 i think 3 senior players were involved in the fix waqar , saqlain , inzamam and perhaps shahid afridi too

well
    my views are that it was just a bad day for us, everything went wrong.
    i dont think waqar would be involved in match fixing as he has just got hold of the captaincy and would'nt wanna ruin it right away

------------------
    the safest way to double your money is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket
    I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by

Comment

well it was just hard luck for the Pakis!
      Waqar had struck, but unfortunately it was a no ball n Attapattu went to score!

by the way the irst ball of the Paki innings Imran Nazir was dropped as well, n 2more time they dropped catches as well, so should be blame them as well!!

its just that ab u have got the old impression with u abt the team, the team is under scrutiny n will they do this, n now adys the ICC has been too strict i think no team in the world at the moment will be tryin to take that step!

------------------
      ~ mera Junoon, meri DIL KI BAAT hai!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kabir:
        1 pakistanis dropped too many catches and apart from the one droped by yasser arafat ( he must be given a benifit of the doubt he is so young)
        2 saqlain was never bowling seriouly he was never interested in taking wicket the wickets he got was the batsmen threw away thier wickets imagine saqlain bowling 2 wides in the fianl over
        3 i think 3 senior players were involved in the fix waqar , saqlain , inzamam and perhaps shahid afridi too
        oh shut up.we have had enough of this bullsh*t.it was just another inconistent performance.and plus,the team was a young one with not much experience.u just shut ur mouth.

------------------
        I DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY

Comment

Well.... thats ur opinion?
          we don't have to agree, i think this fixed ........ has already caused a big fuss. it just means that we can't trust our team no more or does it?????
          btw, i disagree!!!

Comment

Blah ....
            I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
            - Robert McCloskey

Comment

c'mon, inzamam dropping cathes. inzamam is no ricky ponting that u will be surprised if he drops a catch. if u say that afridi dropped a catch, i will be mildly surprised. lankans are best fielding side in asia. even when pak won 92 world cup their fielding was not extraordinary. so forget about fielding. pakistan's main strength is their bowling. and maybe inzi had a off day in batting.

Comment

oh shut up.we have had enough of this bullsh*t.it was just another inconistent performance.and plus,the team was a young one with not much experience.u just shut ur mouth.

[/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with them 100%.
                No match fixing was involved in the final.
                Our team was just stupid enough to throw away their wickets. Biggest mistake was to put Afridi as an opener. What the hell was he doing?
                SL made 297 runs but they didn't started out like our team did.

------------------
                Thank you, come again

Comment

Just a bad day and the Lankans played very well. Why do we have to cry wolf every time we lose. I dont think the match was fixed.

Comment

Believe me
                    That was 100% fixed. I had the news 1 hr before the match started that Pk will loose the match.

They r not saints.

Moon

Comment

Originally posted by kabir:
                      Just because Pakistan lost.....does'nt mean the match was fixed. About half of the team is fighting for a permanent slot in the team..and ur saying the match was fixed...

Talk about senior players fixing the match....First of all their were only 3 senior players....Waqar, Saeed, and Inzimam....Saeed scored 61...Inzamam was out by Vaas....and as far as Waqar is concerned....he's got an oppurtunity of a lifetime to captain Pakistan....only a fool would let go that oppurtunity.

What is mpore satisfying is that we found an excellent captain in Waqar....the team was very inexperienced....and probably that was our weak point....

Overall it was a good tournament.....the inclusion of Youhanna will strenghten our batting line up....and along with Akram Pakistan will appear a more complete and balanced team....

[This message has been edited by AlCapone (edited April 23, 2001).]

Comment

whoever says that the final was fixed is a total ignorant and doesnt understand cricket at all.

------------------
                        I DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY

Comment

I could not understand how people r telling that waqar is a good captain. On the pitch like sharjah and 297 to chase he sent both afridi and Imran nazir as opener. He should have sent saeed n pinch hitter from other side. Also the bowling changes were not good.

Comment

I agree with Moonstar 100%. We should have sent Saeed Anwar instead of Afridi.
                            97% of the time he throws his wickets away and 3% of the time he gets a high score.

------------------
                            Thank you, come again

Comment

The quicker we realise that both afridi and Imran Nazir are not international standard players, the better it will be for the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X