Shakoor Rana dies aged 54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shakoor Rana dies aged 54

One of cricket's best-known umpires, Pakistan's Shakoor Rana has died suddenly at his home in Lahore aged 54. It is believed he suffered a heart attack.
    Rana hit the headlines when he was involved in the famous 'finger wagging' incident with Mike Gatting during the Faisalabad Test between Pakistan and England in 1987. Rana had penalised the England skipper for changing the field illegally, prompting a heated exchange in the middle.
    He was a well-respected official who presided over 18 Tests and 22 one-day internationals during an international career that started with the Lahore Test between Pakistan and the West Indies in season 1974-5.
    Known for his bold, uncompromising style, he came from a renowned sporting family his brothers Shafqat Rana and Azmat Rana having both represented Pakistan in Test matches.
    He was buried on Tuesday morning in the presence of friends, family and scores of well-wishers in Lahore.

Inna Lillahe Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajioun.

Comment

This was a sad news. I rememeber the Gatting incident. May Allah give him a place in Jannah.

Comment

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
        - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed:

Inna Lillahe Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajioun.
          i think at 65

Comment

Inna-Lillahee Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajioun

Comment

Inna-Lillahee Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajioun

------------------
              Shisha Hou Ya Dil Hou Akhir Toot Jata Hain

Comment