My Prince lost :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Prince lost :(

After 32 wins and no losses, 31 knockouts I believe, yesterday Prince Naseem Hamed lost to Berrera!! aaaaaahhhhhh...I stayed up until 6am to watch him lose! It was soo sad.

Did anyone watch the game?
    Any comments on the game?

I am so not a boxing fan, but if the Prince is fighting, I have to watch!!
    A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

cat since i luv boxing u can expect loads of comments from me
    ok here i go

well prince did actually change his style for this fight slightly and should have stuck to his own style, barerra on the other hand stuck to his game plan after studying prince's videos

but a true champion has to accept defeat and bounce back after training and training in the gym, and thats what prince has got down to already

prince had a rematch in the contract if he lost this fight which is the case so u can expect a rematch in the near future,
    this defeat will make the prince into a more acomplished fighter, defeat just toughens u up,
    look at muhammad ali he lost but the only reason he was a true champ was that he always came back stronger then the last time he fought .
    i hope prince does come back and teach him a lesson, he took defeat like a man , and went throught punishment for the full 12 rounds.
    i believe this fight has def shocked prince and made him realise that he has to really work his butty off to gain what he wants to gain and what he wants to gain is very hard to get
    but i believe that he will bounce back!!!!!

------------------
    people are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges
    I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by

Comment

I don't know if I just be polite (or a hypocrite) and say I feel sad that he lost or just be as I hated the guy's showing off and was waiting for the day when he would loose.

Comment

I liked your post, so i had to reply!! this guys amazing, to bad he lost, hes done wonders for the sport!

check out www.princenaseem.com

Comment

Catwoman:

I stayed up until 6am to watch him lose!
          You're not the only one. He got well clobbered as well, but at least he showed a champion spirit, even if he wasn't a match for Barrera...who was awesome.

Riz, I have to disagree that Naseem will come back and beat this guy. Naseem's style is fundamentally flawed and while he can get round this with his punching power against most opposition, the best guys like Barrera can always take the punches.

One more thing, Prince needs to stop comparing himself to Ali. Ali did lose and he always bounced back...but he was never out-classed. And the reason why he'll always be The Greatest was despite his big mouth he was able to show some humility when the occasion demanded.

Comment

Thanks for the website theboyzz.

I did notice that Barrera knew what he was doing, as in he knew all the tactics Nasim uses but Nasim wasn't able to change hiss style. I believe he is still young, and hopefully he will learn a few things from this. He said so himself that he still has a lot to learn.
            A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Comment

the brother lost....I wasn't able to see the fight

But i heard he was outclassed in the ring...oh well, now we'll see what real mettle he has...

Yes, his cockiness could be annoying at times...

oh well perhaps now he'll be more humble.

Hey, NO sportsman can compare to The Greatest.

Comment

He is an idiot, but a good boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by khan_sahib:
                  .... as I hated the guy's showing off and was waiting for the day when he would loose.
                  I got the same feeling about him

------------------
                  Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.
                  Why so serious ... ?

Comment

pristine
                    yes i have to agree with u mate
                    muhammad ali was never outclassed
                    he always came back with fire power even iof it was later on in the match but he did always come back

------------------
                    people are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges
                    I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by

Comment

Working...
                    X