• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miandad names 'fixed' match

Miandad names 'fixed' match
    From our wire services
    07apr01

KARACHI: Sacked coach Javed Miandad today alleged Pakistan's one-day series loss against New Zealand was fixed and the Pakistan Cricket Board should launch an inquiry.
    "Enough is enough. I was silent just for the country's sake but now I must come out in open. We have video and audio footage that can prove we lost to New Zealand due
    to match-fixing," Miandad said. more .....

http://sport.news.com.au/common/stor...5E9753,00.html

[This message has been edited by maihu_don (edited April 07, 2001).]
    He was a self made man who owed his lack of success to nobody.
    - Author on Cargill in 'Catch 22'

I'm speechless

------------------
    Yarooo mein bara pareshan ek larki jawaaan
    Hai woh barii shaitaan mujhay kar gayi hairaan
    Kaisay karoun inkaar wo jo karaing Izhaar

Comment

in my opinion, pak should have either thrown out Akram like Salim Malik or should have said that he is not guilty. Halfway punishment sends a wrong message. Akram was not particularly useful now that he has become old and there was no real loss in throwing him out.

secondly someone needs to bring shaoib akhtar to sense. he is a gifted player being harmed physically because he is more interested in bowing at 100mph than taking wickets. u dont have to bowl every ball at 99 mph or whatever to become great bowler. Marshall and Lillee did not bowl every ball at high pace to get so many wickets and be feared all over. McGrath bowls slower than Srinath, but is more deadly bowler. he gets injured all the time and pak need a genuine pace bowler for tests.

Comment

Like Mr.ZZ im also of the opinion dat Akram should also have been thrown out as Malik so that no one had any further allegation on these 'fixers'.We have a lot of crowd waiting outside da PCB lot of talent just a bit experience needed which they will get during a few tours.Remove da old stuff except a few who could be of any assistance to da new guyz.
        I ask where did those efforts went, the PCB paid Geoff Boycott almost about 37 lakhs rupees or something,what was da purpose of dat.If u wana do something do it permanently.
        God will tell them da way!!!

Comment

Its Shameful

Comment

miandad is whining again,how usual of him.

------------------
            I DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY

Comment

I only want to ask Miandad one question Why now? If according to him the 2nd match was fixed why the hell he did not try and stop the players from fixing the last game (which according to him was also fixed) Why now when he has been removed from the coach's post a day before he was sacked he was saying there is nothing wrong between him and the seniors. Now when he has been removed he decides to make public the allegations. Why because he wanted to stay as coach now he is saying give me a young team and i will turn it into a winning combination. He still wants to be the coach and thats it.
              We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

but friends tell me wheather Miandad is a reliable person ....
                He was a self made man who owed his lack of success to nobody.
                - Author on Cargill in 'Catch 22'

Comment

whenever Miandad gets sacked he starts accusing the players.. even if they really r guilty, he should inform the board right away rather than waiting till he gets sacked n then accuse ppl.. shows tht he's equally involved in it !!! n akram n other seniors NEED to be kicked out of the team... new players'll take time but they'll prove to be much better cricketers... besides Miandad is not a responsible coach... if he was then he would've informed PCB earlier abt it rather than waiting till he gets sacked n then accuse players... typical him

[This message has been edited by Sadiaa (edited April 08, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                  X