Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tour Da New Zealand!

Salaam dostoun,

Hype is on the up and paki papers are full of it. Yes 17th of feb is approaching and that is when pakis will be taking on the kiwis on their home soil.

Add everything about that tour righthere and make this post the biggest gupshup sport section has ever seen. Show rest of the guppies that our sport section is not as boring and less attravtive as they think.....

Lets start discussing team selection rightnow and then we will leave our remarks from first one day to the 3rd test, righthere.

What you guys think??
    Sidq-e-Khalil bhi hay ishqe sabr-e-Husayn bhi hay ishq
    Mārika-e-wujud main Badr-o-Hunayn bhi hay ishq
    -Iqbal

Saeed, Youhana to stay away from Quaid Trophy final before the tour to New Zealand

KARACHI: Pakistan players Saeed Anwar and Yousaf Youhana have indicated they will not play in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy final to be staged here at the National Stadium from January 20. Both were to represent Lahore Blues in the final after being told by the PCB they had to play domestic cricket to qualify for the New Zealand tour.

Saeed and Youhana appeared for the Lahore side in their last league game against Sheikhupura without contributing anything of note. However, on Thursday Saeed said he was not sure about playing in the final, firstly because the PCB had kept the condition of playing in only one domestic match which he had fulfilled, and secondly because he was already undergoing intensive training under the supervision of the medical panel appointed by the Board.

"We are all undergoing hectic training which the panel supervises. And with the camp also due to start soon, it would be become too hectic to play in the final also." He did confirm that Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis were definitely going to represent Lahore but had doubts about Abdul Razzak's participation.

Sirajul Islam Bukhari, the Secretary of the KCCA, when asked about the composition of the Karachi Whites outfit for the final, stated it would be the same which has played throughout the competition. "Moin Khan is likely to play for us," he added.

He said Karachi had no plans to play any other stars in their line-up as they would only select the squad from the list of 25 players they submitted to the PCB prior to the start of the Quaid Trophy.

The Pakistan Cricket Board has specially sent over head groundsman Muhammad Bashir to prepare the pitches for the final and by Thursday he was working on two of them -- both green top ones with plenty of grass left on the surface.
    -Iqbal

Comment

I think it will be a good tour for the Pak team … NZ has always been a happy hunting ground for Pak… Pak should stick with the experienced line … there is no sense in bringing wholesale changes … but we definitely have to find/or work on couple of replacements for Akram and Saeed … well I am not saying that they should be dropped … quite the contrary ..they should be in the team .. but Akram, Saeed, Moin and Vicki are dwindling … and Shoib is far from being the main man .. Samei and Kariana should dig down the Kiwi land they are exciting prospects .. but don’t expect miracles .. they are on the development track… Batting … I think Youhana has been and is the key batsman .. and we desperately need stability at the opening slots .. and even though Saeed has been very inconsistent (especially is last couple of tours) .. we still do need him for the sake of stability … Imran Nazir should be given a permanent opener slot … Afridi should be a last ten over slugger not an opening batsman .. and I have said it before and will Yell it out again .. AFRIDI IS NOT A BATSMAN .. so for NESWAR’s sake stop trying to milk the BULL … we have excellent allrounders in Razak, Azhar, and Afridi … the sad story is keeping … Moin simply sucks … he drops way to many catches ..and his batting flare is gone … the guy is just hanging in there barely… Saqulain will be the usual… and I would love to see Pak field a One day and a Test side … my squads for one day and test
      One Day Test
      Imran Mohamed Younes
      Saeed Saeed
      Razak Mohamed Waseem
      Yohana Yohana
      Elahi Inzi
      Moin Humayon Farhat (New Keeper)
      Azhar Azhar
      Afridi/Kariana Waqar/Samiee/Kriana
      Akram/Samei Akram/Samiee/Kriana
      Saqi Saqi
      Shoaib Shoaib

New players should be exposed in one or two matches….

------------------
      Hey one more thing
      These things are hard to explain
      For some it seems strange... to swallow
      The frontier of our minds
      Is the last place we find
      But maybe the first place we should go

Comment

i have already bought the kiwis.pak will crush them as ive already fixed the results.

Comment

Moin ain't that bad. They shuld stick with him for now and tell him to get his act together.

We got no other option for captaincy if moin is not around.
          I think for NZ tour they should make saqqi or ajju vice captain, because either of these two s our future captain.

And abt seperate teams for NZ. I think its a great idea. This is exactly what was needed.

later

Comment

We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Comment

I thought this might help to make this the biggest post

Comment

Originally posted by fantastic1:
                  I thought this might help to make this the biggest post

Appreciate your efforts bro
                  -Iqbal

Comment

If Pakistan play even close to their potential - they should easily beat the Kiwis. We've got a terrific record against them - and some of our key players have fond memories of "Kiwi-Land". Saeed Anwar, for instance made that famous comeback by slamming 169 against the Kiwis in Wellington I think it was in his 3rd test - thereby establishing his test career, Waqar single handedly destroyed the Kiwis with consistent 5 wicket hauls, and Wasim got some key runs and lots of wickets last time around.

This should be a good tour for a lot of people. Saeed always scores so thats a given, Youhana should enjoy the kiwi bowling, but I think the potential new stars could be Danish Kaneria, Azhar Mahmood and
                    if selected Shoaib Akhter. Akhter has a lot to prove and if he`s fit - you can bet he'll be bloody quick. Kaneria may find the wickets to his liking, especially Auckland.
                    As for Azhar - its about time he gets some big scores with the bat - and I have a feeling he may get them against the Kiwis.

Moin Khan is also on trial here - his captaincy leaves a lot to be desired - if he doesent show any improvement - I have a feeling we may see one more Wasim Akram stint with Azhar Mahmood or Yousef Youhana as his deputy which would work out well. So lots to look forward too - but Im betting the Pakistanis will have an easy time.

Comment

Why do most of you refer to me as bro?

Comment

Originally posted by fantastic1:
                        Why do most of you refer to me as bro?
                        What are the other options fatastic

-Iqbal

Comment

i refer to u as a poor beggar.do you like that?

Comment

I think it should be a great series how many people are we sending anyways cuz i was thinking for the side matches we should only test new players. My oneday team would be..
                            ODI
                            1. Saeed Anwer
                            2. Shahid Afridi (I know he is rash but he just scored back to back centuries)
                            3. Saleem Elahi
                            4. Inzimmam ul Haq
                            5. Yousef Yohanna
                            6. Abdul Razzaq
                            7. Azhar Mahmood
                            8. Moin Khan
                            9. Waseem Akram
                            10.Saqlain Mushtaq
                            11.Waqar Younus

Test Team
                            1. Saeed Anwar
                            2. Imran Nazir
                            3. Saleem Elahi
                            4. Yousef Yohanna
                            5. Inzimmam ul Haq
                            6. Abdul Razzaq
                            7. Saqlain Mushtaq
                            8. Moin Khan
                            8. Waseem Akram
                            10.Waqar Younus
                            11.Shoaib Akhtar
                            I know u will say our batting would be a bit week for tests but the newzealand pitches are fast and we should go in with the fast attack
                            and for the side matches
                            Side Matches
                            1. Shahid Afridi
                            2. Imran Nazir
                            3. Saleem Elahi
                            4. Mohammed Wasim
                            5. Azhar Mahmood
                            6. Yousef Yohanna
                            7. Back up keeper/ Either atiq uz zaman or farhat
                            8. Abdul razzaq
                            9. Shoaib Akhtar
                            10.Danish Kaneria
                            11.Mohammed Sami

Thus the whole touring party comes out to be
                            Openers: Saeed Anwer, Shahid Afridi,Imran
                            Nazir
                            Middle order: Elahi, Yohanna, Inzimmam,
                            Mohammed Wasim
                            All Rounders: Mahmood, Razzaq
                            Fast Bowlers: Akram,Younus,Sami,Akhtar
                            Spinners: Saqlain, Kaneria
                            Keepers : Moin, Atiq Or farhat
                            This comes out to 17
                            they could always switch players by faking injuries.

------------------
                            Live ur life to the fullest and never forget to have fun.

Comment

I think saleem elahi would struggle at 3. I would like to see Abdur Razzaq at 3 in ODI's. He is an idle number three with solid technique and coule play both defensive and attacking game.

What you guys think???

Comment

Working...
                              X