• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistani wrestler beats Indian to win Rustam-i-Asia

Pakistani wrestler downs Indian to win `Rustam-i-Asia` title

SAMWOnline News

Saturday, March 24, 2001 12:01:13 PM EST
    KARACHI: Pakistani wrestler Bashir Bhola Bhala out-dueled Indian wrestler Parvinder Singh in a sudden death to retain the "Rustam-i-Asia" title, a message from Dubai said.
    The "Rustam-i-Asia" wrestling contest was arranged during the Dubai Shopping Festival and attracted a large crowd of Pakistani and Indian expatriates. Both the grapplers were involved in a close and an interesting fight and, although, Bhola Bhala reigned supreme amidst slogans of "Shabash, Shabash" (bravo, bravo), he was denied a fall by the Indian wrestler.
    After the regulation time of 30 minutes, the sudden death session started, which preordained whosoever threw the other wrestler would win the match.
    Five minutes into the sudden death session, Bhola Bhala caught Singh from his waist and affected a leg lock to down him and win the bout.
    "I am thankful to the Almighty Allah that he showered his blessings on me and helped me down my opponent," Bhola Bhola told SAMWOnline.
    Bhola Bhola had earlier beat Phadarat Singh of India in the semi-final.

http://www.samwonline.com/samwonline...sp?CodeID=2009

-------------------------------------------

when did indians beat us.. they're natural losers...
    There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the end the sword will always be conquered by the spirit. --Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Pureland with impure memery .... oh dear ... news published just 7 days b4 ... rom dhaka ... forgotten .... he he he ....
      He was a self made man who owed his lack of success to nobody.
      - Author on Cargill in 'Catch 22'

Comment

did you ever heard the word 'luck', well it was with you guys...winning on penalties?
        Anyway, pickup the record book, and see how your great country is a loser when competing with Pakistanis..
        There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the end the sword will always be conquered by the spirit. --Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

lol @ rustam-e-Asia

Comment

Working...
          X