'Turbanator' heads for the nickname elite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Turbanator' heads for the nickname elite

Harbhajan Singh's series-winning performance against Australia has not only won him worldwide praise, it has also earnt him an immediate nickname -- ``The Turbanator.''

The Herald Sun in Melbourne coined the phrase on Friday after Singh ended India's 2-1 series victory over Steve Waugh's tourists with 32 wickets.

``From party boy to the Turbanator,'' the newspaper's headline ran as it chronicled Singh's spectacular comeback from early discipline problems and a suspect action.

The Sikh bowler's new nickname, playing on the title of Arnold Schwarzenegger's film ``The Terminator'' (which also spawned ``The Hermanator'' for Austrian skier Hermann Maier) seems certain to stick -- as long as he can build on his success.

Singh should be flattered. You have to be good to be worth a nickname, and very good to get one at the tender age of 20.

Pakistan pace bowler Shoaib Akhtar took no time to be christened the ``Rawalpindi Express,'' while England's new opener Marcus Trescothick is ``Banger'' because of his love of sausages.

Perhaps the top nickname in recent years, though, goes to South African spinner Paul Adams who, with his extraordinary action, became the ``frog in a blender.''
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any more amusing nick names???

its such a cool nickname, isn't it?
    "The Turbanator"
    I'm cold seed, I'm your sweetest leaf
    I'll ease your mind, I'll set you free

Comment

Good nickname, lucky that whats it name "rani" has not seen because, she started saying it racists and all the rest of the stuff.

Comment

Working...
      X