Walsh takes 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walsh takes 500

The decision was a dismal one, but history will remember that Courtney Walsh became the first bowler to take 500 Test wickets at Trinidad on Monday.
    Walsh, 38, removed Jacques Kallis half an hour before tea on the third day of the second Test against South Africa at the Queens Park Oval in Port-of-Spain: the ball jagged back, made a huge deflection off the inside edge onto the pads, and the bowler and the slips exploded into appeal. Australian umpire Darrell Hair had no hesitation in sending an enraged Kallis on his way, and Walsh was swamped by his elated team-mates.

Leading wicket-takers in test cricket after Courtney Walsh reached 500 dismissals on Monday

Courtney Walsh 500
    Kapil Dev 434
    Richard Hadlee 431
    Wasim Akram 409
    Curtly Ambrose 405
    Ian Botham 383
    Malcolm Marshall 376
    Shane Warne 375
    Imran Khan 362
    Dennis Lillee 355

Congratulations to Walsh on his great achievement.

congrats courtney walsh!

u know, i saw a guy on campus today and he looks exactly like courtney walsh, like so similar!!!
    A samurai bares no sign of weakness, even when dying of hunger.

Comment

well he finallly gets it, no has got that far, n i dont think for a long time no1 will be loooking to that figures!

Congratulations to the big guy!

------------------
      ~ mera Junoon, meri DIL KI BAAT hai!!!!

Comment

Congrats !!! i thought Walsh already has some record in test bowling !!! must've been some other record in test cricket..but i m sure he did make some other recrd as well...

do u guys think tht Akram n break tht record !??!!?

in my opinion NO !

Comment

well i dont think Wasim Akram to kya, for a long time no one is getting close to that number, had Wasim playyed regularly one might have thought ke there mite be a race betweeen these 2, lekin bas Wasim never though of getting tha acheivment!

well he had a goood chance of atleast gettin to the second highest lekin i dont know what happens!

------------------

Comment

It was bound to happen sooner or later.
            The last record Walsh made was that of the highest test wicket taker when he crossed 434 of Kapil Dev.
            I saw him take that wicket.It was clear at that time that he intended to go on to take 500.And there really was nothing in his way,so now he has.
            Congratulations to him .

Comment

Congrats to Walsh!
              Suprising thing is, his average is just 23 or something. Really.... good for Test Cricket.
              Wasim may not beat Walsh, but hey... 2nd place ain't bad! Who knows maybe in a decade or so, another Pakistani might get 500.

I think Murali can acheive the 500 wicket plateau if he bowls in every test, and takes quite a few wickets a game.

[This message has been edited by Peoples Champ (edited March 20, 2001).]

Comment

I think Murali and Glenn Mcgrath might be the only other bowlers who might get to 500. Akram won't do it and it will be good if he can acheive 450.

Comment

well what away to be in the 500 and also getting a wicket haul, thats awsome work by this old big guy!

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan:
                    I think Murali and Glenn Mcgrath might be the only other bowlers who might get to 500. Akram won't do it and it will be good if he can acheive 450.
                    Murali ???? McGrath might get there but i still dont think he'll be able to cross the 500. he'll atleast make it to 450-475

Comment

Working...
                    X