Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He wantsto come back!!!!

Whats the Use???

Pakistani pacer Shoaib Akhtar Thursday said he was sent back from the ongoing New Zealand tour after his bowling action was questioned by the umpires and there was no fitness problems with him.

"I am fully fit and once my action is cleared I will play." Akhtar told AFP.

The 25-year-old express paceman's action was questioned in New Zealand for the second time in 16 months, and he was subsequently called back by Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Friday.

"There are no problems with my action, I have been cleared by Australian experts before and will have no problems now," Akhtar, speaking for the first time, after his return from New Zealand said.

"I am confident I will play for Pakistan in Sharjah next month but my main target is to play in Pakistan's tour to England," he said.

Pakistan plays a tri-series with India and Sri Lanka in Sharjah next month, pending clearance from Indian Government.

They then tour England for two Tests and for a tri-series with the home team and Australia between May and July.

Akhtar's action was first questioned in December 1999 when international match referee John Reid of New Zealand reported him during Pakistan's tour of Australia to the International Cricket Council (ICC).

Pakistan cricket official said they have received official notification about Akhtar's action from the ICC.

"The three-member panel of former players Abdul Qadir, Ejaz Faqih and Mohsin Kamal will take up the process and once the video footage comes from the ICC they will see Akhtar in action as well," PCB chairman Lieutenant General Tauqir Zia told AFP.

"Akhtar's arm is bent 28 degrees more than normal so he has this problem by birth, he doesn't chuck," PCB chairman said adding the board would follow Sri Lanka's off-spinner Muttia Muralitharan's case. Muralitharan was cleared of suspected chucking through medical tests.

------------------
    ~ mera Junoon, meri DIL KI BAAT hai!!!!

huh..doesnt really matter.. i dont think he'll be able to play in the test matches.. or will he be coming back to NZ !??!

Comment

well he wont be back to NZ, lekin the board is looking forward to get him back in the comin series, whats the use, he performs once in a while, n the coming series is with the big guns of cricket, n i guess the Pakis will be looking fwd to the series in Eng, as they have to take BADLAA!!!!

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by junoonie:
        well he wont be back to NZ, lekin the board is looking forward to get him back in the comin series, whats the use, he performs once in a while, n the coming series is with the big guns of cricket, n i guess the Pakis will be looking fwd to the series in Eng, as they have to take BADLAA!!!!

lol.. wat BADLA !??!?! hahah the one where ENg defeated Pak in pAK ?!?!?! btw.. isnt tht series in Eng a triangular cup or something ?! b/w pak, eng n kiwis

Comment

well for sure the revenge, Pak is visitin england, n so sad ke ECB has givin Pak just 2test matches, seems that a small team is going to play, thats y PAK has to perform well so that the Englishmen can realize

well then its the Natwest Trophy, pakistan england and australia are the teams, so its gonna be a tournament, if only PAK starts to think n perform frm now!!!!

------------------

Comment

well for sure the revenge, Pak is visitin england, n so sad ke ECB has givin Pak just 2test matches, seems that a small team is going to play, thats y PAK has to perform well so that the Englishmen can realize

well then its the Natwest Trophy, pakistan england and australia are the teams, so its gonna be a tournament, if only PAK starts to think n perform frm now!!!!

oh !!!! my bad.. i thought the series'll be b/w eng, pak, n NZ...lol it'll be good if pak wins the series n 4get bout the revenge..huh who cares.. pak has already lost lotsa other matches against Eng.

Comment

lekin hope for the best yaaar, Insha Allah they will try to their best!!!!

the tournament can be a blast!!!

well the one in SHJ wil be xcitin if India takes part.

------------------

Comment

lekin hope for the best yaaar, Insha Allah they will try to their best!!!!

the tournament can be a blast!!!

well the one in SHJ wil be xcitin if India takes part.

inshAllah !!! oh whens the Sharjah cup ?!?!? hahah n i dont think india'd be participating ..lol they dont wanna play against Pak for the obvious reasons...

Comment

well it was suppose to be scheduled on April 4th, but due to the Aus tour to Ind, it was re-schedule to April 8

ab pata nahin ke India aati hai ke nahin!!!

------------------

Comment

well it was suppose to be scheduled on April 4th, but due to the Aus tour to Ind, it was re-schedule to April 8

ab pata nahin ke India aati hai ke nahin!!!

lol.. i dont think india would wanna play against Pak...

Comment

well dont know, who really doesnt wants the tournament to take place, maybe the players also dont want to play, sirf political n Kashmir ka bahana mar ke just backing off!

------------------

Comment

well dont know, who really doesnt wants the tournament to take place, maybe the players also dont want to play, sirf political n Kashmir ka bahana mar ke just backing off!

yeh thts also possible !!! maybe the team doesnt wanna play against pak !!!

Comment

well i guess Pakistan enjoys playing against India, n also enjoy it like anything!!!

------------------

Comment

well i guess Pakistan enjoys playing against India, n also enjoy it like anything!!!

lol yeh !!! n spectators love watching ind. losing against pak

[This message has been edited by Sadiaa (edited March 10, 2001).]

Comment

hey i guess we should have chatted as no one has replied in this post, n it seems as a chat session!

btw where u frm????

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X