X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIELD Hockey

Pakistan mein Field Hockey ka mustaqbil itnna kharab keun hai

Try POLITICS!
    Very few get on the national team on merit, mainly on who you are connected with and which big boss pushes for you.
    Apart from the fact that hockey is no longer the sport it was when played on real grass and not this artificial rubbish - it has ruined the game, more like Carom or biliards with sticks.
    Any comments anyone?

Comment

Pak should change their national sport to Cricket coz no one even watched or plays hoeckey ne more...

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiaa:
        Pak should change their national sport to Cricket coz no one even watched or plays hoeckey ne more...
        I wont agree with you Sadiaa.....hockey is surely not played in Pakistan in the streets but it is still played at the proffesional level in clubs etc etc.......and the Pakistan hockey team created as much hype, during the Olympics, as the cricket team does....

And how can we forget our sensational Sohail Abbas who single handedly took Pakistan all the ways to the semis...being a defender he was among the top scorers of the tournament, and is the world's most feared penalty corner expert.....inshaallah our hockey team will rise to the top again.....

------------------
        /* ^You mess wid me....I mess wid U^- AlCapone *\

Comment

Originally posted by AlCapone:
          I wont agree with you Sadiaa.....hockey is surely not played in Pakistan in the streets but it is still played at the proffesional level in clubs etc etc.......and the Pakistan hockey team created as much hype, during the Olympics, as the cricket team does....

And how can we forget our sensational Sohail Abbas who single handedly took Pakistan all the ways to the semis...being a defender he was among the top scorers of the tournament, and is the world's most feared penalty corner expert.....inshaallah our hockey team will rise to the top again.....

True..but shouldn't Cricket be the national sport as its much more pop. in Pak.. or is it possible having two national sports ?!!?? or do they jst have to stick with one ?!?!

Comment

United States' national sport is baseball but now days more people watch football and basketball in the country.

------------------
            Thank you, come again

Comment

I watch field hockey when Pakistan play and PTV show it. Don't you remember how we disccused hockey during the Olympics last year.

The future of not just hockey but all other sports is bleak in Pakistan because no one in this country relises the importance of sport in the modern world. The pride associated with winning a World Cup or an Olympic gold is much more than winning a war because you win a war after killing people in the war of sport you don't have to so its fun and not pain.
              We don't have right people as head of different sports. Judges, generals and politicians can't do the job.
              We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Umair316 - surely you mean "american football" - that where the players stand around discussing for 10 mins. and then are active for 5 secs?

Comment

Working...
                X