Moin Khan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moin Khan

Over the last few series, Moin Khan's performance as a captain and particularly as a wicket keeper has been poor to say the least. Even during the current series against NZ his keeping has left a lot to be desired. We need a new captain and definitely a new keeper. Any Suggestions

New captain should be Wasim Akram.
    New wicket keeper should be Rashid Latif along with his great batting talent.

------------------
    Thank you, come again

Comment

Originally posted by UMAIR316:

Dont really agree with u bout the new capt.. but yeh R.Latif should be the new keeper.. n y was he replaced by moin khan ?! coz i remem. rashid latif was the keeper in wc92 or a lil b4 or after tht

Comment

No one should disgrade Moin, because at least he is trying his best to be a captain. It's not a easy job to be one of the biggest people in Pakistan.

Some people just after a while aren't that good as before, doesn't mean we should call him rubish. Moin did some great knocks in previous matches which saved us. I feel if Moin stays with vice-captaincy, the pressure of all the people is off him and he'll be able to do better.

Wasim stated before he has no intention to be captain again (pressure of the people).
        Remember when people started bad mouthing Wasim saying he should quit as captain?
        So forget that.

Don't bring back Rashid Latif, bring in Humayun Farhat, Imran Farhat's brother. Humayun always scores the most runs on the team, just recently scoreing for Allied Bank 50 and 48, vs Wapda.

Humayun Farhat scored 877 runs, and top scored 188 at a average of 51.58.
        Also he is the best wicketkeeper in the country, with 42 catches.. etc.
        Which Lahore Blues beat Karachi to win the trophy

Rashid Latif didn't even play enough games.

It's time Pakistan thinks of the future, and slowly get rid of the seniors, one by one so the youngsters don't collapse all at once.

[This message has been edited by Peoples Champ (edited February 26, 2001).]

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by UMAIR316:

I think Akram is banned by PCB.

I have always wondered about Rashid Latif. If Latif was lying, he should have been punished and if he was speaking truth, he should have been taken in team, no matter what Akram and others feel.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by ZZ:
            I have always wondered about Rashid Latif. If Latif was lying, he should have been punished and if he was speaking truth, he should have been taken in team, no matter what Akram and others feel.
            R.Latif lying bout wat !?!?!? he got blamed for match fixing as well ?!?!?! oh n wat happened to Aqib Javed?!?!? y was he kicked outta the team ?!?!?!? he was a gr8 bowler..

Comment

As far as I think, its just the contoversery between Punjabis and Muhajir.
              Rashid Latif, one of the few Karachi players in the team was not getting along with Wasim and other senior players at that time.
              PC, doing good in domestic cricket doesn't prove that much in international cricket.
              Look at Humayun's brother Farhat, he did so poorly in the first 2 matches.

------------------
              Thank you, come again

Comment

Umair, then how in the world are we supposed to produce new players? What is the point of Domestic Cricket?
                What will happen to the Pakistani team in 15 years if they don't bring anyone from domestic?
                How is a new cricketer going to be brought in...? Poof in the air he'll instantly play international cricket?

How do you think Razzaq or Youhana got in the team. So, you have to give someone a chance. Hey.. Rashid Latif has got 0's before in International. Besides, Imran is more of a first class batsman, not one day.

Comment

As far as I think, its just the contoversery between Punjabis and Muhajir.
                  Rashid Latif, one of the few Karachi players in the team was not getting along with Wasim and other senior players at that time.
                  PC, doing good in domestic cricket doesn't prove that much in international cricket.

Yes, thts exactly wat i was thinkin bout.... its not only mohajirs.. but also players like Aaqib Javed n Aamir Sohail... not much in favor of A.Sohail but i thikn tht R.Latif n A.Javed should be given a chance again as they deserve it !!! n Afridi should definitely be kicked outta the team.....

Comment

i still dont think we need to replace moin khan.. the way they replaced akram..coz if the players all try their best n work hard then there is no need to replace ne capt. n i dnt know y ppl keep blaming it all or mostly on to the capt. when the whole team is responsible for the game..coz its not like they all really listen to the capt.. n i still dont think tht the last match was fixed or even if it was... wat were the rest of the players doing.. if they only they tried to score, we could've won tht match.. n pak really needs to do somethin bout their COMINNG UNDER PRESSURE situation as they do lose a lot of their matches coz of it...

Comment

Saadia, I agree that the last match was not fixed but i was really disappointed in Moin's captaincy during the series against England and especially the last match. His wicket keeping has been poor by any standards recently and may be that is because of the captaincy pressure. I also feel that all this talk of Punjabi and Mohajir is rubbish, there are too many players with big ego's in the team and that is basically the problem. I think that Youhanna should be made the vice captain in order to groom him as the next captain. Bringing back Akram is a short term measure which will not serve the team or its long term goals, if indeed they have any. We should try new and young keepers rather than bring Rashid back. His time has passed.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan:
                        Saadia, I agree that the last match was not fixed but i was really disappointed in Moin's captaincy during the series against England and especially the last match. His wicket keeping has been poor by any standards recently and may be that is because of the captaincy pressure. I also feel that all this talk of Punjabi and Mohajir is rubbish, there are too many players with big ego's in the team and that is basically the problem. I think that Youhanna should be made the vice captain in order to groom him as the next captain. Bringing back Akram is a short term measure which will not serve the team or its long term goals, if indeed they have any. We should try new and young keepers rather than bring Rashid back. His time has passed.
                        I dont really blame Moin Khan for his captaincy for the series against Eng. or the other one u mentioned.. only if the players try their best n perform well then it wouldnt all be the capt.'s fault n besides maybe some players r fixing the match so the capt. cant do ne thing bout it... as far as his w.keeping is concerned.. i think they should try some new wicketkeeper but against some weak team where Pak has 100% chances of winning the game rather than changin it rite now n then losing the match... overall Moin Khan is surely one of the best keepers in the world n i thnk hes doing a good job n i havent been watching the matches lately but have been logging on the net n watching the comms... so if ur talkin bout M.KHan not keeping well on Akhtar's bowling then i dont thikn u can really blame him for tht as Akhtar's bowling is jst too fast to keep well on... oh btw.. is Akhtar playin in today's ODI !??!?! n there is a LIL bit of personal EGO involved as well as Punjabi Mohajir thing

Comment

As much as I admire Moin's determined spirit, he's really been below par and been given a bit too much time to make amends. His work behind the stumps has been way too sub-standard.

Unless he produces some really exceptional output in the test series, the captaincy position might as well be be further wasted by being assigned to him.

From someone-to-lead-from-the-field the simple answer is undoubtedly Wasim Akram but I think he's not going to jump at the job, even if the board offers him.

A more experienced Saqlain might've been a pretty good choice but he's still got to get a few more under his belt before being given that.

yeah, Youhana is a good choice for vc at this time. But there really isn't a "best" fit for the skipper's job in the current situation

Let's hope for the best right now, that Moin can deliver in the upcoming. The case is not that he's a bad choice for captain; he's a very good one, it's he's not performing. If none, strip him and offer it to the senior-most cricketing plyr who's experienced nuff to do something (which would prolly translate to Anwar, Inzi, Waqar or Ijaz if he's coming back). And those are not really superb fits.

Comment

The Selection Committee of PCB has announced the Pakistan squad for the Test Series against New Zealand. Following are the names:

Saeed Anwar
                            Saleem Elahi
                            Yousuf Youhana
                            Inzamam-ul-Haq
                            Younis Khan
                            Imran Farhat
                            Moin Khan
                            Mushtaq Ahmed
                            Wasim Akram
                            Waqar Younis
                            Mohammad Sami
                            Abdur Razzaq
                            Azhar Mahmood
                            Saqlain Mushtaq
                            Arshad Khan
                            Mishbah-ul-Haq
                            Humayun Farhat

While other players have proceeded to New Zealand, Misbah-ul-Haq shall join the team in the next new days.

After the conclusion of the One-day series, the following members of the squad are returning back to Pakistan:

Shoaib Akhtar
                            Imran Nazir
                            Shahid Afridi
                            Dr. Tauseef Razzaq (Trainer/Nutritionist)

------------------
                            Alf Allah Chunmbay Di Booti...Mere Maan Vich Murshad Lai Huu..
                            Naffi Asbaat Da Paani Mallaya...Har Raggay HarJai Huu
                            [Sultan Bahuu]...

Comment

moin khan all the way
                              it wasn't his fault that v lost the seriez...if fielderz failed to make those catchez then is it his fault?...he scored runz and did pretty well behind the stumpz...and he did openly said that "fielding was pathetic" and thatz wht cost them the match and seriez...

letz hope 4 the better...
                              real test is now to begin...the test seriez!!!...

changing captainz after every seriez and defeat won't solve the problem...

------------------
                              Alf Allah Chunmbay Di Booti...Mere Maan Vich Murshad Lai Huu..
                              Naffi Asbaat Da Paani Mallaya...Har Raggay HarJai Huu
                              [Sultan Bahuu]...

Comment

Working...
                              X