Pakistan complete a win by 6 wickets with 30 balls to spare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan complete a win by 6 wickets with 30 balls to spare

44.6 McMillan to Shahid Afridi, FOUR, and there it is, full outside off stump, dances down the pitch and strongly punched straight down the ground, Twose is left for dead at widish mid off and Pakistan complete a win by 6 wickets with 30 balls to spare.

********CONGRATSSSSSS ALLLLL**************

Pakistan wrap up a comfortable victory, holding back on the great flair they're capable of and will be set to unleash in the remainder of the series at the right time. The moment Shoaib Akhtar return to the attack, he spelt a very quick end to the innings, taking just 21 minutes, and 2.3 overs to tear apart the lower order, taking 5 wickets for 4 runs in the spell. including taking all 5 wickets in a span of 11 balls at the cost of just 2 runs, and 4 wickets for 1 run in the space of just 6 balls including two bursts of wickets on consecutive deliveries. A devastating spell, to complete his first 5-wicket haul in One-Day Internationals, and incredibly doing it in his first international match since 23 April 2000. Also S.Anwar, YoYo, Inzi batter very well !!!

Shoaib bowled well and it was an excellent comeback and a warning to the opposition that the Rawalpindi Express is all set to fire again.

Great batting from Saeed Anwar to see the side to safety. He batted like a rock, and adapted his game to the situtation which is typical of a class player like Saeed..and this is after a long lay off and no match practice.

Youhana did his job well and Wasim and Waqar bowled extremely effectively today - so hopefully the bowling will maintain its form.

------------------

Laterz,
    ManiaX.

Comment

yeahhhh.. we won!..

Comment

Originally posted by ammarr:
        yeahhhh.. we won!..

we did win, but it was the most discusting batting perfomance i have ever seen from a paki team.

Comment

I always believed speed counts a alot ,too bad we didnt have a fast bowler like shoib against england...

------------------
          Yarooo mein bara pareshan ek larki jawaaan
          Hai woh barii shaitaan mujhay kar gayi hairaan
          Kaisay karoun inkaar wo jo karaing Izhaar

Comment

Originally posted by kingshah:

we did win, but it was the most discusting batting perfomance i have ever seen from a paki team.
            yaar kingshah they only lost four wickets which is not bad consdering we have a history of collapsing.. The batsmen were extra cautious and you just cant expect them to wrap it up in 20 or 30 overs right..anyways congrats to everyone..

------------------
            Yarooo mein bara pareshan ek larki jawaaan
            Hai woh barii shaitaan mujhay kar gayi hairaan
            Kaisay karoun inkaar wo jo karaing Izhaar

Comment

Great bowling display by Shoaib, hope he keeps it up and does not break down again. Congratulations to the team.

Comment

Guys guys we already have a thread to discuss NZ tour so why open new one? what a pity. We have been waiting for this tour to start from months so we can make "Tour da NZ" post huge and now once tour starts we have you baywaqof people composing new posts
                Please be more thoughtful n considerant and share your views in the "tour da NZ" post.
                thanks
                "And those who oppress shall see what kind of outcome overturns them." [26:227] Al-Quran

Comment

Great win by Pakistan, Shoaib bowled well but the only problem is that he looks overweight.
                  One question I have is HOW CAN A SPIN BOWLER manage to bowl WIDES and NO-BALLS

Comment

Originally posted by azhar:
                    Great win by Pakistan, Shoaib bowled well but the only problem is that he looks overweight.
                    One question I have is HOW CAN A SPIN BOWLER manage to bowl WIDES and NO-BALLS
                    yeh !!! i also noticed that !!! Akhtar looks a lil overweight now... oh i got another q. did Akhtar manage to bowl at his top speed yesterday or even close to his top speed ?!?!

Comment

Shoaib got to 147 km - he's still very quick but obviously it'll take him a while to get back to his full pace. Tough luck Kiwis

The good thing was that he seemed really pumped up after his lay off and the seniors, Wasim Akram and Saeed Anwar in particular, were encouraging him after every over which was great to see.

Pakistan should play the same team till we win the series. Then it would be a good option to rest Saeed,Wasim,Inzamam,Shoaib,Saqlain and play
                      Elahi,Nazir,Mahmood,Sami,and Mushtaq in the last 2 games so that everyone has match practice before the test matches.

Besides I wanna see what Sami can do in the international arena.

Comment

Shoib bhai zindabad!!!

Shoib bowled extremely well he was the only reason i stayed up to watch the match!

And he doesn't look ovcerweight - he has been training and has bigger muscles!!!

Anyone see the size of his neck????? Masssssssssssssssssssive !!
                        People i can see him hitting a 100mph this series!

Comment

Yes, Shoaib is certainly more muscular - lets hope that doesn't hold his speed back. His run up seemed a bit sluggish. Anyway he bowled fast on a slow wicket. I understand that he was holding back and not rushing into bowl fast like he did last time in the West Indies when he got injured.

Lets see him go onto bowl even faster. The other problem I noticed was that he did not have a follow through on his bowling - just signs of bein out of cricket for a long while.

He was bowling at 147km which is approx 90mph - lets see him get to the 100mph soon.

Comment

well i didnt see the match lekin i guess it was a sensible performance, i was just reaading the report on cric info abt this victory and it said that the action of SHOAIB was a little different(suspicious) when bowling to left-handers, how true was that, if any1 saw it!!!!

------------------
                            ~ mera Junoon, meri DIL KI BAAT hai!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X