Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fantastic1
    replied
    Not giving the best does not mean the match was fixed don't forget the Pakistan batting line-up had a history of collapsing when ever they feel like doing it. The problem is we don't have very consistent batsmen. And I think the injury to Youhana in the W C was a big blow to us and may be the iventual reason of our defeat in the final. I mean even Sarfraz Nawaz the most severe critic of Wasim Akram said that he was the only bowler who troubled the Bamgalis. I think Pakistanis took the match too lightly. It can also be that they were instructed to loose the match inorder to get Bangalies the test status.

Leave a comment:

• Sadiaa
    replied
    Originally posted by sherrybaba:
    I thnk the bangladesh game was fixed think about it logically , this game was neither critical or deciding, if you happen to earn millions of dollars(betting) from this only game why not fix it?..

Our Cricket team actually dont respect their supporters(pakistanis) I can also understand why not.. Whenever we lose a game these illetrate diehard fans start abusing ,insulting and does numerous discouraging stuff which is enough to provoke our players from comitting these illegal activities..

We all know how our players are being welcomed whnever we lose a crucial game right? why would they be sincere to our nation by taking with them all the insults,abuse etc..

I would lay faults on our players and the supporters.. If we had sincerely suported our players no matter we win or lose the odds of matchfixing,betting would have been really low

Yeh i do kinda agree with u ..but the part bout fans gettin all upset.. well its not their fault..n they've got the right to react but not really like that... and i m sure if they didnt fix the matches then fans wouldnt be reacting like that.. like the one they lost against Aus. in the pool matches made sence.. Pak tried their best till the very last ball but they still lost... there they ATLEAST TRIED their best.. n not like against bangla. where it was quite obvious that they r losing it on purpose !!! i was also very ticked off when they lost against bangla n india coz i woke up early in the mornin jst to watch the match.. prayin that our team wins n all... n then u see'em not even trying their best...

Leave a comment:

• FahdArshad
    replied
    I tend to agree with fantastic1 on this. Even for Pakistani cricketers, this would have been too big of a blooper, especially with the current anti-bettomg atmosphere and investigations and all...

Leave a comment:

• fantastic1
    replied
    I brought this topic here because personally its hard for me to believe that the match was fixed atleast by players. I mean why would they fix a match in which it was certain they will win. I mean even they knew that a defeat in a match like this would defenetely be viewed with suspicion. So wat do ya think?

Leave a comment:

• junoonie
    replied
    well can say that match was not fixed as Pakistan was tryin all the reserved players in that match n they had not played at all not evn the parctice matches as they were washed out, n the second thing was before that in all the matches Pakisani early order batsmen used to collapse within 50 runs on the board, n in that match Pak was batting second, if u go look in the tournament Pakistan only won 1 match battin second, so can say ke the match wasnt fixed, lekin Allah maloom kya hua hoga!!!!

------------------
    ~ mera Junoon, meri DIL KI BAAT hai!!!!

Leave a comment:

• FahdArshad
    replied
    Interesting point, but wouldn't you say that we, the Pakistani fans, also jump to the conclusion that any match that Pakistan didn't win when it "should have won easily" is fixed :-? I guess if I were an Australian and my team lost to Bangladesh, I'd kill the Waughs But knowing how tempramental Pakistani cricket team is and how well our Bangladeshi brethren fought, do we have anything but weak circumstancial evidence that the match was thrown :-?

Leave a comment:

• sherrybaba
    replied
    I thnk the bangladesh game was fixed think about it logically , this game was neither critical or deciding, if you happen to earn millions of dollars(betting) from this only game why not fix it?..

Our Cricket team actually dont respect their supporters(pakistanis) I can also understand why not.. Whenever we lose a game these illetrate diehard fans start abusing ,insulting and does numerous discouraging stuff which is enough to provoke our players from comitting these illegal activities..

We all know how our players are being welcomed whnever we lose a crucial game right? why would they be sincere to our nation by taking with them all the insults,abuse etc..

I would lay faults on our players and the supporters.. If we had sincerely suported our players no matter we win or lose the odds of matchfixing,betting would have been really low

------------------
    Yarooo mein bara pareshan ek larki jawaaan
    Hai woh barii shaitaan mujhay kar gayi hairaan
    Kaisay karoun inkaar wo jo karaing Izhaar

[This message has been edited by sherrybaba (edited February 12, 2001).]

Leave a comment:

• fantastic1
    started a topic Bangladesh game of 1999 WC

Bangladesh game of 1999 WC

How many of you think that the match was fixed? please do reply also give your reason.
Working...
X