Marathon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marathon

Has anyone done a complete marathon (= 42.195 km) yet? I have done a half marathon ( = 21 km) some years back and in May 2001 I want to compete at the Vienna City Marathon for the first time.
    Tell me about your experiences. I hope I can get some information from you, regarding the right training and diet.

------------------
    Umer, the Pakistani Brain of Austria
    The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

I once ran a marathon without any specific training, intending to stop after 8 km. The pull of the crowd was too much and somehow I was already at km 15 before I realised what was happening. Then the cramps started taking over and to cut a long story short I ended up running 31 km!!! and was one BIG cramp from the top of my head to my little toe. They had to give me oxygen and I had considerable difficulty walking for a few days, but it was fun!

Comment

Thanx Awam ki Awaz. So you haven't completed a marathon yet? You want to try it next time? I'm definitely planning to make it in May.

No other marathonians here?

------------------
      Umer, the Pakistani Brain of Austria
      The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

Working...
      X