Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasim Akram!!!!

Salamz 2 alll
    well what i was thinking, should Wasim Akram stop his one day career by getting to the 450mark, as he is now a little old for one days, and i think he shouldnt spoil his average in keeep on playing for lons, and concentrate more on his Test Figures, like Courtney Wlash of the West Indies is doing, by this new players will also get chance by the World Cup 2003!!!!

Originally posted by junoonie:
    Salamz 2 alll
    well what i was thinking, should Wasim Akram stop his one day career by getting to the 450mark, as he is now a little old for one days, and i think he shouldnt spoil his average in keeep on playing for lons, and concentrate more on his Test Figures, like Courtney Wlash of the West Indies is doing, by this new players will also get chance by the World Cup 2003!!!!
    ummm........yehh maybe.. but our ODI team still needs some good fast bowlers.. n Akram is currently the best...

------------------
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
    One falsehood spoils a thousand truths.
    Howzzaaaaaaaaat !!!

Comment

well your opinion doesnt count beggar.wasim is the best and he will remain in the side.

Comment

well no doubt Wasim is the best, but aik limit hoti hai, he has past his best, one always calls it a day after he gets tierd

well saadia, i know tha pak doesnt has a fast bowler rite now, well they now neeed a fast bowler who is reallly on the batsmen(Aggressive) which is not there now, so what should the board do is try bowlers, n let them play with Wa so that they get the xperience frm this gr8 bowler

Comment

yaar personally I believe he is not able to produce that "pace" which is used to be a threat to the batsmen especially in test matches but in a one day match I guess he is still doing a wonderful job he is able to take wickets and is very economical..

------------------
          kutta ban gaya houn tairay pyar mein
          sunnah chahti ho to sunoh
          BHOW BHOW!!

Comment

does pace matter that much?you ignorant fool.

Comment

Originally posted by sherrybaba:
              yaar personally I believe he is not able to produce that "pace" which is used to be a threat to the batsmen especially in test matches but in a one day match I guess he is still doing a wonderful job he is able to take wickets and is very economical..

true !!! but still hes much better than the new fast/medium bolwers like Akhtar etc.. coz he doesnt bowl too many extras... n speed isnt everything...Pak really needs a few good fast bowlers in our ODI/Test team...

------------------
              Howzzaaaaaaaaat !!!

Comment

I know pace is not a major factor but its a plus point .. Wasim akram used to have great amount of speed and also line and length.. now he lacks pace but his line and length is excellent he is still have alot of varieties..
                corore pati

------------------
                Yarooo mein bara pareshan ek larki jawaaan
                Hai woh barii shaitaan mujhay kar gayi hairaan
                Kaisay karoun inkaar wo jo karaing Izhaar

Comment

Originally posted by sherrybaba:
                  I know pace is not a major factor but its a plus point .. Wasim akram used to have great amount of speed and also line and length.. now he lacks pace but his line and length is excellent he is still have alot of varieties..

True !!! i think waqar's as good as waseem..but hes not really given the chance to play...

------------------
                  Howzzaaaaaaaaat !!!

Comment

shoaib akhtar is never a goood bowler, coz he never thinks, he just wants to go fast n fast n fast n thats y in the end he cant bowl more than 3 ovrs, n then in notime he gets injured

Comment

Originally posted by junoonie:
                      shoaib akhtar is never a goood bowler, coz he never thinks, he just wants to go fast n fast n fast n thats y in the end he cant bowl more than 3 ovrs, n then in notime he gets injured
                      He really needs to work on his line n length

------------------
                      Howzzaaaaaaaaat !!!

Comment

well Wasim Akram is truly a containing bowler in one dayers, as he performed very well in the domestic scene, well let c ke ab after some international matches what will be the opinions!

Comment

No comments on Wasim case.
                          The news is that Shoaib Akhtar is unfit again after bowling eight overs with a hamstring (i hope the spellings are right)problem.
                          We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

As you people are discussing Wasim Akram here is an artice from DAWN Magazine.

Why this haste to dump the best?
                            By Zaheer Abbas

I represented Pakistan for a decade-and-a-half. It was but natural that during that time I experienced the highs and the lows of being an international cricketer. An international cricketer representing Pakistan, I should have said for we, the Pakistanis, have a great, almost unrivalled tendency to disgrace our very best.

One day you are a hero, the cynosure of alleys, the talk of the town, the darling of the media, the apple of every set of two eyes. The very next day leaves you feeling like a pariah, with no one willing to even talk to you. The friends desert you, the officials become oblivious of your existence, the media leads the way and the masses follow. The curtain come down abruptly on what was once a glorious career.

This is the typical roller-coaster ride that is a Pakistani cricketer's international career. And this is not just restricted to cricket alone. Players representing Pakistan in other games, I am sure, share this frustration. Sadly, we are a nation that excels in dishonouring the honoured, abusing the great, and dumping the best.

That being so, I am not surprised - though the pain and frustration are very much there - at the way the media has come out with daggers drawn against Wasim Akram, the man who is in a class of his own, and the one who is himself the yardstick with which the world of cricket measures the level of excellence. This has happened many a time in the past, and it is certainly not the last such episode in the country. This is just another sordid episode. Nothing else.

Forget what Wasim has achieved in his distinguished career. Ignore the fact that he is the only bowler with more than four hundred scalps in both Test and One Day cricket. Snub the prestige that he enjoys in world cricket. Write off even his recent performances in West Indies and Sri Lanka. Just answer this simple question: What we have to replace someone who has been the backbone on the national team for the last more than a decade? As far as I am concerned, there is none worthy of filling in his boots.

The desire to bring in new blood deserves praise and cannot be disputed. But the problem lies with the haste with which we tend to move towards dumping the old horses. Agreed that we have quite a few young and fresh fast-bowling prospects on the domestic scene. But they all lack the skill, the temperament and the experience of senior pros like Wasim. There would be arguments that skill and temperament come with experience and that experience comes with exposure. But one has to show that basic requirement before being given the nod for an assignment in the senior ranks. Otherwise, the rookies have to be groomed by keeping them in the national camps and giving them chances against the visiting sides and sending them abroad as part of junior strings and 'A' teams.

All this has been done and no earth-shattering talent has come to the surface who may have impressed all and sundry. And still people are out for Wasim's blood in the name of giving way to fresh talent.

Just a look at the last couple of year's performance of the national Pakistan is enough to establish that Wasim is still half the side. There would many in the media who would oppose the suggestion, but let me say this: Wasim is still good enough for the next World Cup. And with Moin Khan struggling with his own form and making debatable decisions under pressure, Wasim is still there to make use of. But, of course, this is purely on the basis of merit, which, in any case, has a low priority in the overall scheme of things
                            We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Working...
                            X