Pak wrestlers beat Indian wrestlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pak wrestlers beat Indian wrestlers

DUBAI: Against the backdrop of the government's refusal to allow the cricket team to play Pakistan, wrestlers from the two countries fought it out in the ring in a spirit of bonhomie and camaraderie to enthral the expatriate community from the subcontinent in the UAE.

The competition, the first of its kind and stature in 52 years, hosted 30 bouts of classic wrestling of which 25 bouts were swept by the Pakistanis and one by an Indian, Jagdish Bhola, while four ended in a tie.

Bashir Bhola Bhala of Pakistan out wrestled Dilbagh Singh of India in the final of the three-day traditional wrestling event to lift the Rustam-e-bar-e-Saghir (King of Subcontinent title), while Arshad alias Aachi overwhelmed Randhir Singh in two minutes and 37 seconds to take home the Shere-e-Pak-o-Hind title.

At the end of the three-day extravaganza, the Pakistani coach Mohammed Anwar thanked the organisers and the promoters who he felt, had put in a honest effort to revive the dying art of traditional wrestling.

The sporting event had generated tremendous interest and enthusiasm among the Indo-Pak residents in the UAE and large sections of people thronged to the stadium to watch the wrestlers in action.

Finally something the Pakis can be proud of...
    Shere-e-Pak-o-Hind title....now that's interesting.....

Congratulations to Pakistan and to Eastern Analog for unearthing this piece of news item !!

Comment

Originally posted by chilli:
      Finally something the Pakis can be proud of...
      Shere-e-Pak-o-Hind title....now that's interesting.....

Congratulations to Pakistan and to Eastern Analog for unearthing this piece of news item !!

There is a saying in URDU:

"Khisyaani billi khamba nochay"
      The ORIGINAL Falcon -
      Tu Tundi-e-Baad-e-Mukhaalif say na ghabra ay Uqaab
      Yeh tau chaltee hai tujhay OoNcha urRaanay kay liye

Comment

chilli, this news item was taken from your very own Times of india. India refuses to play Pakistan in cricket, because of the fear of humiliation, hence they decided to try wrestling. But too bad....
        Whats next.

Comment

Well chilli we beat you guys at cricket, hockey, polo, and now wrestling.
          I wonder how much more defeats the Indian people can take???

------------------
          CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
          You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Eastern Analog, when did I say that the news item was not true....only I did not think it was significant until I read your post.Had you heard the names of your wrestlers before u read the article ? Next u will post about a Pak victory in a TUG-OF-WAR contest against India in Adis ababa.....

CM..yes u do have a GREAT cricket team where everybody holds a grudge against everybody else...
            When was the last time Pakistan beat India in HOCKEY, please enlighten me......
            As for polo, well I did not know that Pakis also played the sport....

Comment

chilli.....the reason i mentioned the source of the news was because your sarcastic remark regarding the puny nature of this news item. Your very own newspaper thought it to be important enough to post it in their headlines. I havent seen this item in any Pak paper. Maybe they will publish it sooner or later, but Times of indi was the first one to do it.

Comment

well done pakistan

------------------
                Whatever limits us we call fate!
                Whatever we can't change we call destiny!

Comment

This match was fixed.

Comment

Working...
                  X